IGNORED

Biker Down

fixit3546

Jake came home on leave this weekend. Last night he and his girlfriend were traveling home on his bike (just a few miles) and a deer ran out in front of them. They were not able to stop and hit the deer.

Jake has +/- 50-60 stitches in his head and will not be able to get back on base before his leave is up. He has been in contact with the Staff at NAS P-Cola. We will take him beck when he is released from the hospital.

Loraine and Jake both have quite a bit of road rash. Many sore days ahead for the both of them. No broken bones.

I'm Praying for their full recovery and that they go easy on him at the base.

Many Blessings so far, They are both breathing and have no broken bones, Thank you Jesus.

He called me at 12:59am wanting me to come help him, I called 911 from his phone at 1:05am. Thats pretty good time. I was in bed and had to drive 3 miles.

Pict #2 is deer hair sticking out from between the wheel and the tire.

Glad to hear that your son and his girlfriend will be OK!

Deer are our biggest threat around here. When I first started riding, many years ago, I did most of my riding at night. Now, I don't even consider riding at night.

Last night, I had to make a trip of about 30 miles and the deer were all over the road.

Starting this time of the year they really start comming out.

Be careful out there,

Steve

Glad to here they're both gonna be alright. Shouldn't be a problem with his leave. CO should just extend for whatever time he needs.

What I remember about crashing the wing, is that it happened so quick. before you know it, your in the ditch. And you hurt. I had 3 cracked ribs, broken collarbone, and 15 stitches in the head.

What I remember most is that the roadrash hurt more than everything else together. Stung every time I moved.

Is the bike repairable? looks like an older model honda.

I faired a bit better as I had 3 of them jump in front of me on my way to work Friday morning. Threaded the needle between the 2nd and 3rd one, only about 5 feet between them :shock3:

Glad I didn't take one out....not looking forwrad to something like that. They will heal, but it sure is a drag...they are in our thoughts.

The bike is a 1978 CB550. It is in fair shape for what it's been through.

This time of the year they are picking up activity around here too. I saw one on the way to the wreck last night.

Jake (my son) told me last night that when he saw the deer coming there was no time to stop, he said he tried to squeeze in between the first (buck) and second (doe) deer but he didn't make it.

He said he remembers seeing Loraine, the bike and the deer tumbling down the road and saw a truck coming, hoping it would stop and it did.

She said he tumbled further down the road than she did and when everything stopped, they walked to each other and layed down. Then called me.

I'm going back to bed, ain't got my nap out yet....

Fixit I am glad they did not get hurt any worse than they did. I drive 54 miles each way to work and am getting off at midnight and I worry about the deer and bear all the way home.Loud music on the scoot seems to help but believe me when I say I ride slower on the back roads than I do in the day light.

Again thank God they are able to tell about the wreck and let them know we will be thinking of them every day till they get better,

Jeff

Fixit - PLEASE let Jake and his girl know that we are thankful that they are ok!! Also that many lives are lost every year in deer accidents and PRAISE GOD neither of them were part of that list!!

Also, tell your son thanks for his willingness in serving our country!!

'Puc

I hate checking trends like this with another biker down but I do to check and see if people are ok. Thank god they could walk to each other and call you for help. I have no idea what you felt getting the call either But I know it wasn't easy on you either. I am glad everyone is ok and will heal.

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers.

Doc. let them both out of the hospital yesterday and jakes Gunny Sgt. said he could come back when the doc. released him for travel; but his CO steped in and said back on the base now! So about 3:00 yesterday we left for Pensacola. Got him there about 11:00 last night. We got home about 5:00 this morning.

New estimate for stitches in jakes head is 150 (+/-) that includes internal stitches and staples.

I'll post a pict if i can find my flash drive.:)

In the picts with him sitting up, he has had enough pain meds to knock him out 3 times. adrenalin rush?

He was crackin jokes while they were stitchin him up.

He has been grounded to base for the remainder of his time there. Another Marine also had a bike accident over the weekend on leave. He brobe his leg.

Just talked to Jake, He is getting the book thrown at him he said. Because he was riding a bike with no helment and did not have the Military MSF course yet. No endorsement on his liscense yet either.

They are taking good care of him and have him on lite duty for now.

His CO told him that he has seen IED injuries in Iraq that didn't look as bad as he does.