IGNORED

Does anyone put stickers on their bike?

Dave77459

On my recent ride to the Grand Canyon, we ran across a couple towing a trailer behind their Harley. The trailer and saddlebags were covered with stickers of places they'd been on the bike. Key West, Alaska, Sturgis, national parks, even Europe. It was pretty impressive.

Has anyone done this? What do you do when you want to sell your bike? How do you keep them pretty?

Dave

The '93 I picked up in AZ had stickers from everywhere all over the windshield. Once I got it back home I took the windshield and License plate off and sent them back to the P.O. as he wanted it as a keepsake. The windshield was toast anyway.... :) I do put equipment stickers on the bike...on the underside of the trunk lid.

I do the same sort of thing but not on my venture. I do it on my Givi bags on my Vstrom. Now granted the bags are painted hi-viz green so I need something to tone them down. Having such an ugly bike can be somewhat liberating! I have to admit it is fun to collect the stickers from all over where I ride. It kind of invokes memoies of the travel cases that you used to see that show everywhere they've been.

Bob

Only sticker i out on my bike was the Venturerider.org sticker. That went on the bottom of the windshield.
I have that and a CMA bike blessing sticker. I can understand covering up a Harley with stickers,:rasberry:, but why would anyone disfigure a Venture??

Not on my bike or other vehicles. I made a bracket to put my parking permits and state park sticker on and mounted it to my license plate frame. A clear lexan one for the park stickers. I will put them on on the trailer or the pop-up camper. They're both ugly anyway.

I put a "This bike climbed Mt Washington" sticker on the lower portion of the back fender (the black part) of my '84 VR. I was proud to display it.

If you've never taken a bike to the top of Mt Washington, you should. If you have, you should do it again.

I rode up twice on my VR and hiked up it once. :cool10:

I have place a Tail of the Dragon sticker on one side of my trunk and a IronButt organization sticker on the other side. Both are very small (~ 2" x 2"). Will shortly be placing the VentureRider.org sticker on the windshield.

On the KLR, I am beginning to populate the aluminum panniers with stickers. Intend to completely cover these ugly protrusions eventually.

RR

No stickers on the bike - no stickers on the cars. I put a political bumper sticker in the window once every four years but that comes off after the election. The only bumper sticker I have ever put on a car was in 1976 - a kewpie doll for someone who gets the reference - the bumper sticker said "Free Jessica Tate".

But anyway - nope - no stickers.