IGNORED

We Are Fine, The Bike Isn't...

bongobobny

We hit a deer about 75 miles from home this afternoon. We did NOT go down, and nothing happened to us at all. The bike, however needs a new front fender, turn signal bar, and I'm suspecting probably the entire front end assembly. Slight scratch on the front fairing that I would expect will buff right out.

It was a young buck that had to be put down. We were very sad! Didn't even have time to hit the brake, and we had a real tank slapper for a few seconds. Got it back in control and pulled off to the side.

The insurance company isn't gonna be happy with us! I have $500 deductable that I wil have to somehow come up with...

***SIGH***

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob....you walked away from it, it's just steel and oil and thats replaceable. Glad to hear it wasn't any worse, it was great to see you both again and you'll get the '09 back to where it needs to be, good to see it isn't worse.

You shouldn't go posting things like this, it's scares the crap out of all of us, new scoot, and Becky,,, and oh ya Bob as well,,,,,, glad you two are ok,,, must have been an angel there as well,,,I hear that they are in good supply, all you need to do is ask.

Bob I hope the both of you are ok. Sorry to hear about the bike. But don't be surprised if the insurance "Totals" the old girl. As olsd as she is there are no real replacement parts are far as they are concerned. I could( Hopefully) be wrong.

Had an almost similar situation up in Lake George this week while returning to our hotel in Hague after dark. We were coming down a 2 mile long descending stretch of "S" curves on northern 9N when a large doe appeared standing right on the edge of our lane. We were already leaned over into the curve as we caught sight of her. I had been braking before the curve but had to scrub off even more speed as we approached the deer. Luckily she simply turned around and stepped off the road.

When I got home i thanked my son many times for the new set of mini burners he had installed for me just before we left . It gave us a few seconds more to see the deer than we would have had.

Sorry to hear about "Goldie". But glad to hear you and the Missus are alright. Phil.

Bob, I'm so sorry to hear about this and so glad that you are both OK. Like Brad said its only metal that can be repaired or replaced, I think someone must have been looking out for you, because accidents like that don't always have a good out come. Take care my friend.

Ian

Man that really sucks Bob I am real sorry to hear about this. More importantly however is that you are OK and Here to tell the story. That as always is our #1 concern.

Ps on our way home we saw a big black dog trying to drag a dead deer away from the road wonder if that was your deer:think:

Take care Bob hope to see you and Becky again soon

Bob - Would like to add our condolences for your new Venture but as others have also said, what is most important is that you were not physically injured. Good luck with your repairs.

Evan & Anne

Guest JGorom

Wow...somebody up there was looking out for you and Becky...glad to hear your both ok Robert. Would of been much worse if that deer had taken you down to the pavement.

Blessings to you and Becky!

See the "Yes it really is true thread" Phil! Bought a brand spankin new '09 Thursday...

Bob,

A 2nd gen, I'm proud of ya Bro !

If it were a 1st gen it MIGHT have gone down.

Glad your both OK, Bleach those undee's and away ya go !!!

P.S. If its rideable let them order the parts and do the work when they are all in.

Made the mistake and lost some good rideing time myself.

Gary