IGNORED

Carb Diaphragm info...finally

Guest ReinyRooster

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone I got my parts from sirius today, On the plastic wrapper it says SD-1 Yamaha XS1100, did I get the wrong ones?????

got mine today also,thought they sent wrong ones until i measured them and they are 72/30mm so they should be same thing. let you know tomorrow when i install them

I just checked on them and they are $98 plus $15.50 shipping. They say the discount will be returned when shipped. As far as I went, I did not see a place to leave a note about being from VentureRider. Was that on the last page? The last I heard they were $68 plus $5 for shipping, is this still correct?

RandyA

I just checked on them and they are $98 plus $15.50 shipping. They say the discount will be returned when shipped. As far as I went, I did not see a place to leave a note about being from VentureRider. Was that on the last page? The last I heard they were $68 plus $5 for shipping, is this still correct?

RandyA

I did what was stated on the first page of this thread. There is a link which I clicked and followed and e-mailed to Martin. He e-mailed back and I paid 65.00, 60.00 and 5.00 shipping.

Dick

I contacted Martin and he informed me to use Paypal and send the amount of $74.00 to them and state in the Paypal purchase that you are a member here. Had no issue and now have a set of diaphragms sitting here in front of me. Couldnt have been easier.

Here is the information I used..

>> We sure do $69.00 US for 4 plus $5.00 S&H paypal only please. Thanks

>> Martin

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

We prefer PAYPAL www.PAYPAL.com paypal@siriusconinc.com (716 989-0091 FAX 519 894-4111 EST)

Hope this helps.

Rick F.

I contacted Martin and he informed me to use Paypal and send the amount of $74.00 to them and state in the Paypal purchase that you are a member here. Had no issue and now have a set of diaphragms sitting here in front of me. Couldnt have been easier.

Here is the information I used..

>> We sure do $69.00 US for 4 plus $5.00 S&H paypal only please. Thanks

>> Martin

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

We prefer PAYPAL www.PAYPAL.com paypal@siriusconinc.com (716 989-0091 FAX 519 894-4111 EST)

Hope this helps.

Rick F.

They must have raised their prices since I received mine as I paid 60.00 and 5.00 for 65.00 total.

Dick

I believe it's a 25....

It is indeed a T25. I picked up a set at the local auto parts chain store and that is the one that fits. I guess I'll wait until the weather is crappy and then change out the diaphragms.

Searching the board, it seems like a lot of people have trouble getting these screws off - a lot of impact wrench and visegrip talk. But it sounds like the real problem is the screw head gets affixed to the casing. I wonder if it would help to spray them w/ PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench if it will make things easier to remove.

Interestingly enough, the exterior of the carbs on my Virago 535 are identical. I wonder if it has the same innards (like will these Venture diaphragms work in the Virago and visa versa). Next time I get to a parts catalog, I'll look it up and report back to everyone.

Most decent hardware stores such as Ace and Westlake are selling the Torx bits back in the nuts and bolts bins right next to the Torx screws. A couple of bucks.

If not available I just use a Dremel tool to cut across the head of the Torx to fit a larger standard blade screwdriver to remove them and replace them with allen heads.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Most decent hardware stores such as Ace and Westlake are selling the Torx bits back in the nuts and bolts bins right next to the Torx screws. A couple of bucks.

Harbor freight has a folding set, that is even drilled, to fit the tamper proof screws (for those who feel the need to take a bathroom stalls apart :rasberry:). Don't remember the cost, but they along with the folding hex (allen) wrench ones are in my shrink wrap emergency tool pack permanently kept in the left saddlebag.

Hi Ventureohio, That was me. Wshen they shipped them there were plastic rings and one diaphram. That was before the group buy. But through e-mails they made every thing right. Good company to work with. :thumbsup2: Instaled and doing good.

Harbor freight has a folding set, that is even drilled, to fit the tamper proof screws (for those who feel the need to take a bathroom stalls apart :rasberry:). Don't remember the cost, but they along with the folding hex (allen) wrench ones are in my shrink wrap emergency tool pack permanently kept in the left saddlebag.

I missed the folding set. I tried to pick up a set of TP sockets from Harbor Frieght, and the one size...#25... that fits the TP on the diaphragm cover wasn't included in the set. So I went and bouight them for more money :mo money:somewhere else. Can't remember where.

I got my diaphragms Monday and put them on and they look real good. It does take a bit to put them on, but it turned out real well. It cost me about $79 with the Canadian exchange rate. I'm very pleased with them. :cool10:

These things have the correct groove design and fit perfectly.

RandyA

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I told you folks I would drive you crazy and I don't know if this is the right place to ask. So with my restoration I'm getting close to working on the carbs. First, the manual says not to separate? How can you overhaul a carb when it's attached to an assembly. I assume that's only to make sure they all sit at the same level.

2nd, what should I look for besides the obvious needle and seat wear? And how will I be able to tell if the diaphragms need to be changed?

On a different note, I just received new water cooling hoses and I noticed they have a white dot painted om them. This appears to be a marker to show up. Is this correct? Also the fittings were partially rusted and I cleaned them up but want to coat them with silicone sealer. As you all know getting to them is no easy task and I don't want to do this twice. Has anyone done this. I could also J&B them and sand it smooth but the drying time is so long.

Thanks in advance - you guys are great!