IGNORED

Carb Diaphragm info...finally

Guest ReinyRooster

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg_in_london viewpost.gif
Ditto - message was :

'PayPal is great, unfortunately we’ve had such a demand for those diaphragms that we’re out of stock for now. We will be re-stocked in 3-4 weeks, please try again then.
Andrew'

Grrrrrrr.....

Maybe they didn't believe you when you said how many members we have ???

You should have been quicker on the draw. Mine are on their way by air mail.

Dick

quote.gif

Thanks Dick just rub some more salt in are wounds. I got the 3-4 week e-mail to.

Jerry:crying:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ReinyRooster

I rec'd this email today from Martin at Sirius:Can you stop the add for a week or two or just mention we are already sold out...we have about 100 more coming soon and I will let you know they are back in stock...getting flood of e-mails from your club already.

Said he expects it to be a week or two before he gets more inventory, and he will let me know as soon as that happens. I'll post that info here when I get it.

Guess we are keeping them busy!

Well, I applaud Dick in his ability to snatch the gold ring so quickly.

I placed my order with Martin through email 3 MINUTES after the post was made here on this forum... even got Martin's reply within minutes... and same-day Paypal receipts and all...

...and got the sold-out message when they opened for business on Monday.

I guess they had the one set?

Any other ideas??

Martin answered my e-mail at 6:39 pm on 3/7/09 telling me the Paypal address.

My Paypal time that money was transfered was on 3/7/09 at 7:14 PM.

Here is what I received in Monday's e-mail:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your payment, your order goes out Today, Air Mail (usually 3 - 10 business days)

Thanks,

Laurentiu

OUR PRICES ARE UP TO 10% LOWER ON www.siriusconinc.com:p>:p>

OUR PRICES ARE UP TO 10% LOWER ON www.siriusconinc.com:p>:p>

Just type in your bike model at the top. :p>:p>

Questions on your bike or more parts? E-mail us at: sci@siriusconinc.com

Dick

Guest ReinyRooster

Got an email response to that question today and they're saying it will probably be another 2-3 weeks. I will respond here as soon as I have an update.

• 2 weeks later...
i was just informed that all 4 of mine on my 89 need to be replaced are these for that year as well if so im there was qouted 120 a piece for them:think:

$120 EACH !!! jeezzz. 5 years ago slide assys. were $45. I replaced all mine at that time. Now-Figure with all the inflation and economy as it is...$80 at the most. Maybe I am way off base. But that $120 price sounds like a rip off.

Guest ReinyRooster

I contacted Sirius today by email and was told that their shipment of diaphragms left Japan yesterday....wasn't told exactly when that means that they will get them but I assume it would be in the next few days so....order away!

just ordered a set over the phone(716-989-0091) and they said there shipment will be there on thursday and they will ship to me the next day. so get your order in now if you don't want to be the last one on the list. once again thanks to everyone who worked hard to set this up for us. :clap2:

I ordered my set over the phone today from Andrew. They told me the same about arrival. I did remember to thank them for working with us on this purchase. And I would once again like to thank Reiny and everyone else who had a hand in it! :thumbsup2:

Thanks reinyrooster for your hard work and following up on the updates. Ordered mine tonight and Martin said they should be her next Tuesday or Wed. They seem to be good people to deal with. They have answered all emails I've sent very fast, weather they had the parts or not. So thanks again for finding a great place and your work and time. Jerry:bagpipes-emoticon:

Guest ReinyRooster

Got this email from Sirius Consolidated today:

Hi Reinhard,

SD1 are in all orders going out today, just a couple things, the price went up alittle to $69.00 US and please mention we prefer only to do Paypal , a few guys have been phoning in credit cards…

Thanks Martin

Hey, y'all...

I haven't been around for a couple of years or so, but when I got the note from Don about his current condition, I had to check in and help out a little. I spent a few minutes with him, Rick Butler, and some of the Dallas VTS/MTA good ol' boys regime a long time ago, and consider them among my best times.

I've had to retire from riding due to hip pain, got shed of my trustworthy 91 VR about a year ago.

'Recently noticed I have a lot of stuff left over and am going to begin to list some of it in classifieds.

Among the batch is a set of four full slide/diaphragms I bought from Steve Norris a while back and have never opened. Things must have improved, looking at the prices you're talking about in this discussion...I looked and saw that they were just the diaphragm, though, and that helped my shock some. I paid Steve $240 for this set, which was way better than Yammy's $$$.

Anybody want to make an offer? I'll be posting pics, etc as soon as I can get to it and figure out how....along with other good stuff.

Don. Buddy. Damn! Prayers are aloft and any part of my Social Security check that you want, just holler.

Joe Chambers

tici1946@aol.com

(901) 355-3003 cell :mo money:

Lakeland, TN

Hey guys,

According to the discussion I just read over in the watering hole, the SD-1 part that we ordered from Sirius does not fit a Venture. I guess I got confused somewhere along the line and thought we all were ordering parts for Ventures.

The discussion shows those parts being advertised on Ebay with clear text showing the SD-1 is ID 28mm but the Yamaha Venture needs the ID to be 30mm????

Anyone able to respond to this? I HOPE the SD-1 I ordered is the correct part for my Venture, as I have been waiting for nearly five weeks with a down bike.

Any comments are welcome.

Larry-

I went through a lot of e-mails to Japan, Canada, and Germany to make sure that the size is correct. The sizes get mixed up in translation!!! Reiny Rooster has the correct items lined up for us. I know several members have purchased from Flea-bay and Canada with no problems. Make sure you get the diaphragm inner lip into the groove completely.

JB