IGNORED

Weight Loss How you doing

MamaMo

try the atkins diet. i eat like a hog, never get hungry, and lose weight like crazy. example, last night for dinner i had two thick barbequed pork steaks basted with garlic and real butter, a pan full of yellow squash and mushrooms sauteed in butter, and some clausen pickle halves. i just had for breakfast four slices of spam on sliced cheese. today linda and i are going to stefaninas pizza parlor and we are going to have a dinner salad, and a large deluxe thin crust pizza. not going to tell you how much i lost so far cuz the first couple of weeks is just cleaning out your system on any diet, i usually lose 3 lbs a week when i get in full swing. anyone interested buy the atkins book. it is very scientific and changes your metabolism. will also cure diabetes, lower blood pressure, and alot of folks with heart disease have come off there medication, like me. also it will lower colesterol and you can eat real butter and all the fat you want. the down part is you have to give up beer, all that nasty sugar, and starchy foods like pasta, potatoes and bread. i do eat alot of the good and healthy vegetables like broccoli, cauloflower, etc.. i do cheat a little on the bread. i have lost over 110 lbs on the atkins diet. i try to maintain 195 lbs now when i gain a little back cheating, i just hit the diet again for a month or two and lose it. it's like never being on a diet. one thing i do is take a lot of vitamins. like megadoses of c,e, beta carotine, fish oil, b12, and super b complex. mostly for energy, and eliminating free radicals for cancer prevention. try it it works great. bill :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celery with tuna salad

Hard boiled eggs

Deviled eggs

Dill pickles and cheddar cheese (no kidding, it’s a great combo)

1/4 cup berries with 1/3 cup cottage cheese

Nuts (keep raw ones in the freezer if you think you’ll overeat them)

Sunflower seeds (get them in the shell so it will take longer to eat them)

Other seeds (How to Toast Pumpkin or Squash Seeds)

Low-Carb Trail Mix

Jerky (beef or turkey -- try to find low-sugar varieties)

Low-carb shakes

Cheese sticks, such as string cheese

Sugar-free Jello, alone or with cottage cheese and a sprinkling of nuts

Make sugar-free lime Jello with part coconut milk - for a large package, dissolve the powder in a cup of boiling water, add a can of coconut milk, and then add the rest of the water. Stir well.

Cheese with a few apple slices

4-ounce plain or sugar-free yogurt with berries and flax seed meal

Smoked salmon and cream cheese on cucumber slices

Lettuce Roll-ups – roll luncheon meat, egg salad, tuna or other filling and veggies in lettuce leaves

Lunch Meat Roll-ups – roll cheese or veggies in lunch meat (read the labels for carbs on the lunch meat)

Spread bean dip, spinach dip, or other low-carb dip or spread on the lunch meat or lettuce and then roll it up

Raw veggies and spinach dip, or other low-carb dip

Pork rinds, with or without dip

Ricotta cheese with fruit and/or nuts and/or flax seed meal

Mushrooms with cheese spread inside (or other spreads or dips)

Low-carb snack bars (watch out for sugar alcohols, especially maltitol)

Product Review: Atkins Advantage Bars

Pepperoni Chips - Microwave pepperoni slices until crisp -- great with cheeses and dips

Garlic Parmesan Flax Seed Crackers

Parmesan Crisps -- Good when you want a crunchy snack.

Peanut Butter Protein Balls

celery with peanut butter

Hope these ideas help 93 venture.

Celery with tuna salad

Hard boiled eggs

Deviled eggs

Dill pickles and cheddar cheese (no kidding, it’s a great combo)

1/4 cup berries with 1/3 cup cottage cheese

Nuts (keep raw ones in the freezer if you think you’ll overeat them)

Sunflower seeds (get them in the shell so it will take longer to eat them)

Other seeds (How to Toast Pumpkin or Squash Seeds)

Low-Carb Trail Mix

Jerky (beef or turkey -- try to find low-sugar varieties)

Low-carb shakes

Cheese sticks, such as string cheese

Sugar-free Jello, alone or with cottage cheese and a sprinkling of nuts

Make sugar-free lime Jello with part coconut milk - for a large package, dissolve the powder in a cup of boiling water, add a can of coconut milk, and then add the rest of the water. Stir well.

Cheese with a few apple slices

4-ounce plain or sugar-free yogurt with berries and flax seed meal

Smoked salmon and cream cheese on cucumber slices

Lettuce Roll-ups – roll luncheon meat, egg salad, tuna or other filling and veggies in lettuce leaves

Lunch Meat Roll-ups – roll cheese or veggies in lunch meat (read the labels for carbs on the lunch meat)

Spread bean dip, spinach dip, or other low-carb dip or spread on the lunch meat or lettuce and then roll it up

Raw veggies and spinach dip, or other low-carb dip

Pork rinds, with or without dip

Ricotta cheese with fruit and/or nuts and/or flax seed meal

Mushrooms with cheese spread inside (or other spreads or dips)

Low-carb snack bars (watch out for sugar alcohols, especially maltitol)

Product Review: Atkins Advantage Bars

Pepperoni Chips - Microwave pepperoni slices until crisp -- great with cheeses and dips

Garlic Parmesan Flax Seed Crackers

Parmesan Crisps -- Good when you want a crunchy snack.

Peanut Butter Protein Balls

celery with peanut butter

Hope these ideas help 93 venture.

darn, now you went and made me hungry. neat recipes.:clap2:

another neat snack if you like pork rinds, is mix tuna and real mayonaise, or any other canned 0 carb meat and spread it on the pork rinds. vienna sausages are good, and most any kind of meat on sliced cheese. big thing is stick to the 0 carb stuff. i try to hold my carb intake to around 15 grams a day. not that hard to do. you will get the good carbs in the good vegetables you eat. no donuts. lol

Cut out ALL Sugar !! Thats the one most effective item---

SUGAR = BAD GASOLINE IN YOUR TANK !!!!!

Cut the Carbs in half, and double the protien !!

I eat lots of Egg whites, and give the Yokes to the Dog !!

Those three items, and your on your way, a good start even without going to the Gym

Today made 1 week. :pushups: Think I have done good.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wRF5l9e/weight.png

Down 4 lb.:sign woo hoo: Think I have a good start. Good Luck Everyone.:cool10: We can do this.

Way to go!! :thumbsup: I was up to 7lbs lost over the weekend, but a few too many beers brought me back to 6lbs :confused24: I have 29lbs to go!

A trainer might work....I would want her to be pretty HOT though.

I have the perfect person for you there boss. Eileen that lovely lady you married. We'll just send her a whip maybe a cattle prod and away you go. You'll be thin in no time. Just think of how fast you'll be able to run.

(sorry boss just had to pick on you a bit after the hot comment)

Margaret

About 2 years ago, I weighed in at 193 lbs. and only 5'5". To date, I keep my weight at 170 lbs. and I don't want to loose any more weight at this point. I pretty much each almost anything, but the most important in being successful to loose the extra pouns is to eat the right PORTION / AMOUNT for the meal + do lots of cardio exercise. Running, jump rope, stairmaster...anything that will bring your heart rate up. I prefer basketball and it is one of my favorite outdoor sports.

There is a lot of benefit on loosing those unwanted pounds...and your Venture will like it too. Keep up the good work and KEEP MOVING!

Ride safe.

I just started the Alli plan about two weeks ago. I need to loose about 145 to be what they call "Normal BMI"

So far I have not lost much at all.

The upside is that my heartburn has decreased, I am sleeping better, and feeling much better as a whole.

The alli plan is a low fat plan with a pill that limits how well you digest fat. Since undigested fat is a laxative, eating too much fat can have involuntary and "explosive" consequences. I have found that limiting fat intake is pretty easy, due to the variety of fat free and low fat alternatives available today. Calories are very easy to keep down, since fats are the highest calorie density foods. I am supposed to shoot for 1800 a day, and that has not been a problem.

I woudl die for a 16 oz ribeye eith all the trimming though. :no-no-no:

Cut out the white tatos, and rice!! Replace with whole grain bread, and lots of

dark colored vegies !!

Replace the taters and rice, with more protien!!

Eliminate ALL SUGAR, REPEAT, ALL SUGAR !!!! ( consider the stuff as poison )

Its much worse then fatty foods. Sugar, makes instant fat cells !!!

Remember, 1 can of Coke, is 40 grams of sugar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats more then is allowed on most diets, for an entire week.

Meet me at the gym tomorrow morning, and lets pump some IRON !!! ( I don't mean a Harley )

I have the perfect person for you there boss. Eileen that lovely lady you married. We'll just send her a whip maybe a cattle prod and away you go. You'll be thin in no time. Just think of how fast you'll be able to run.

(sorry boss just had to pick on you a bit after the hot comment)

Margaret

NO cattle prod. Just the whip should do...and maybe some thigh high leather boots. :) Then I can get my exercise just chasing her around. :)

I'm using Weight Watchers My official goal was 35lbs, unofficially 40lbs. 1st week I've lost 6 lbs. My only problem is a low calorie, low fat salty snack other than rice cakes. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jay

Dill pickles.... you use more carbs to digest them than you get from them.