IGNORED

Sidecar saved my butt

muffinman

I left for work this morning at 05:30 and made it 3 miles from work when the rear tire blew out at 50 mph the scoot got real squirelly.I managed to stay on the bike and get it to a stop before I figured out that I was alright.I got it off the road and called for a ride when one of the guys from work stopped to pick me up.I looked at the rear tire that only had around 6 thousand miles on it there was no side wall.:bawling:

If I hadnt reinstalled the hack last night I might be in the hospital right now.

The bike is in a friends garage and I got a ride over to the Beer Cave to get the 92 so I can get around.

I will be removeing the rear wheel after work tomorrow and installing the hack on the 92 so I dont take up the guys garage all weekend and will be installing the 3rd new rear tire Monday after work.:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::mo money::mo money::mo money:

I will try to get pics when the tire is off so you can see what it looks like.:photographing:

Jeff

Glad you're OK and thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to order some new avons, but kept putting off. I've got maybe 12k on the rear and it looked to be wearing even with at least 2k of good rubber left when I did an all around the tire check about 500 miles ago. I would rather have the tires sittin' here waiting to be put on than the scoot sitting waiting on tires.

Glad to hear things worked out OK for you and your in one piece. I'll be the first to say I really like the hack on my bike. It much more visable on the road to other drivers and incase of a blowout you have a much better chance of walking away from it.

Besides its fun to ride in gravel now ! Not to mention you can carry alot of junk in it.

Man Jeff thats wild. You got lucky another reason why sidecars are pretty cool. Awful about the tire going like that. Was it already worn down or was it new? Sidecars will wear out a tire faster. Just keep an Eye on that rear. The tire I mean not Mini"s LOL!:big-grin-emoticon:

I am glad that your "close call" was only that and not something far more serious, Jeff! We all need an occasional "butt-saving" and this time it happened to be your turn...

Isn't it a shame that the most important gear on our bikes, the tires, so completely and totally compromise us?

Terry

The last tire on that bike was the Avon that came on the SS bike. That got taken out by a nail or screw in the sidewall. Jeff figures this one had to be compliments of something it's a new tire. Hasn't had it that long. This one was a Dunlop. I'm just glad he's ok and sends me emails with I had a blow out today, on it. He's gonna make me old before my time. :whistling:

Margaret