IGNORED

Dayshift??

Yammer Dan

It's real bummer when you have to work,,,,,,,,,isn't there some way around this dilemma,,I got the same problem,,,got to work when it's a good day to ride,,,,,,you would think the government could plan this out a little better,,,,,,,

AHH but in your case Carl it would be considered an honour after all you are the asteemed provider of the best pepperets in the country:clap2:

P/S I was going to stop by yesterday to get some and show off my labour of love but ended up with a brake issue which I have now resolved

I've been working a weekend shift for nearly 7 years now. We start at 5:00 am and work 10 hour days. The good side is I'm riding when most folks are at work - and I'm working when most of them are on the road! The bad side is - 5:00 is too dang early! I'm still not used to getting up that early.

Welcome to the day shift Dan, I too get up at 4:30 am Mon-Fri, the nice thing is I get off at 2:30 pm every day unless I opt to work overtime. The good part is riding to work with no traffic have the road just about by myself, see the occasional deer, got to watch them closely, dont want an ecnounter with one of them and they are plentiful around here. Hope you enjoy your day shift, does it come with weekends off like mine.....thats the best part. Enjoy and be careful on that dark ride to work.

I think I have the only job in the world that you have to go to work twice a day. :crying: Up at 5 and at work by 0520. Off at 1120 then back on at 5:20 pm. We work 12 hours a day for 30 straight days. The commute isn't bad though. I just have to climb a couple of flights of stairs to get to work...

NOW for the good part. When I do get off, I am of for 30 straight days. That gives me plenty of time to go riding while the Warden is at work. :dancefool: :dancefool: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Try a little shift work. My week (40 hrs) goes like this:

Fri. 6pm - 2am

Sat 1pm - 9pm

Sun 10am - 6pm

Mon 6am - 2pm followed by 10pm - 6am Tues morning

Believe it or not, you get somewhat used to it, but the FAA wonders why controllers are fatigued. Go figure.

Mine is 7 to 7 sun, mon, tue and every other wed. Not bad but way it is going now I get stuck for 1 to 3 days of my weekends. Story behind this change. I went form 2nd in command to sitting a post like a FNG. No reduction in rank or pay but it sucks!! Got moved because I was doing my job. New people didn't like being directed!!! CRAZY!!

Mine is 7 to 7 sun, mon, tue and every other wed. Not bad but way it is going now I get stuck for 1 to 3 days of my weekends. Story behind this change. I went form 2nd in command to sitting a post like a FNG. No reduction in rank or pay but it sucks!! Got moved because I was doing my job. New people didn't like being directed!!! CRAZY!!

Dan , i tried to tell ya to go easy on the new guys! you know that most of them , got their job, because they are related to someone higher up the ladder than you are!

lol

:fiddle::stickpoke:

just jt

Fact that we have "new" warden that I don't get along with helped a lot. I enjoyed telling him a few times that he didn't impress me. I'll learn one of these days to keep mouth shut. Oh Well I can sit a post and not have to listen to all the whining. Easier job and pay is same!! Punishment??

28 years of shift work. Started out on 21 day turn 8 hour shift and for the past 15 years been working 12 hour shift 6 to 6 with EOWO (every other weekend off). The amount of overtime we work usually works out to be 60 hour weeks. Don't think I could ever go to a day job.