IGNORED

Well I did my part to make the roads safer.

Flyinfool

Yup, My part is finally done for this year. As of yesterday I have just finished putting 283 lbs of dead deer meat in the freezer. Now to start the slow process of letting all of that meat go to waist, MY waist......:fatsmiley:

At least there are now a few less deer to play bumper tag (or fairing tag) with.

But it seems that @cowpuc seems to have forgotten to remind me to weld that big door shut that @saddlebum likes to leave open. I got carried away chasing deer and forgot all about it while I was up dar in da UP. Might be an interesting winter.........

I heard that you are improving the technology and now have North Carolina in sight. Now this would upset my neighbors to great extent, but I, being from Nebraska, look forward to a good white wash. Bring it on Fool. :snow::snow::snow::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

:snow2::snow2::snow2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

:farmer:

I think Saddlebum figured you didn't need the door anymore, seeing as you weren't around to close it. It's steel eh, and the tariffs have had steel take a different turn, so being of Dutch decent (not a spelling mistake) he probably has it hidden away to use as collateral.

Congratulations.... Ha! & we thought we'd done well at the weekend making some elk sausages, (it was our first time) we made around 300 +/- (around 12lbs) total. We're mere beginners by your standards or maybe we're not even that far up the scale! LOL

Enjoy your hibernation!:snow: :cold:

Congratulations.... Ha! & we thought we'd done well at the weekend making some elk sausages, (it was our first time) we made around 300 +/- (around 12lbs) total. We're mere beginners by your standards or maybe we're not even that far up the scale! LOL

Enjoy your hibernation!:snow: :cold:

12 lbs for 300 links means that each link was a bit over 1/2 oz each? Was that like the little bite size party links?

Our mix was 85 lbs ground burger, 55 lbs Italian sausages, 55 lbs Polish sausages and 25 lbs Hungarian sausage, 63 lbs is all steaks.

We did have a banner year, this was all from 6 big bucks. Most years we get 2 or 3.

Does anyone know of anyone who puts LIVE deer meat in the freezer? :Laugh: :Laugh:

I tried it, but they are really hard to keep in there, they jump out and take off running every time you open the lid .......:rasberry::whistling::stirthepot:

Maybe my calculations were a bit off Jeff?

Like I said it was our first attempt & we only made thin link breakfast size sausages, they were around 4'-5" long. Just checked & a pack of six weighs around 1lb. So approx 2.5oz per sausage! LOL

We used the elk meat, plus ground pork (for fat content) 2:1 ratio & then made three batches each with different seasoning mixes made from scratch by my wife.

I think Saddlebum figured you didn't need the door anymore, seeing as you weren't around to close it. It's steel eh, and the tariffs have had steel take a different turn, so being of Dutch decent (not a spelling mistake) he probably has it hidden away to use as collateral.

Brother :doh:

Last time I tell you anything:no-no-no:

That was supposed to be a secret:backinmyday:

Brother :doh:

Last time I tell you anything:no-no-no:

That was supposed to be a secret:backinmyday:

Just in case you didn't catch on the 1st time:cool10:

Well my daughter and I tried to do our part and put 6 in the freezer. Problem is we didn't do well enough, wife got number 7 with the new Jeep this morning. Hood, bumper, light, fender, and busted the oil cooler. Who knows the hidden plastic parts broken. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Well my daughter and I tried to do our part and put 6 in the freezer. Problem is we didn't do well enough, wife got number 7 with the new Jeep this morning. Hood, bumper, light, fender, and busted the oil cooler. Who knows the hidden plastic parts broken. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Oh! Bummer! Just hope your wife is OK, that's the main thing.

The vehicle will fix but the way they are made now, as you say too many flimsy plastic parts! You're probably right to have all those Kleenex available. Hope insurance will cover it all!

Totaled 4 vehicles that way, NOT fun. Hope they don't total yours.

There's not a lot of real damage. It pushed the front of the hood in, cracked the bumper, broke a fog light, put a small dent in the front of a fender, and poked a hole in the oil cooler. Structurally I saw nothing wrong, insurance already has me a rental and the car is at the shop. Actually it was a pretty light hit for a deer collision. I bought the car a year ago this week after an F250 hit her and totaled her Equinox. I live in a small town that was known for years as the used car capital of the country, so the body shops are above average and can do great work.

Oh! Bummer! Just hope your wife is OK, that's the main thing.

The vehicle will fix but the way they are made now, as you say too many flimsy plastic parts! You're probably right to have all those Kleenex available. Hope insurance will cover it all!

Thanks, she was upset but is fine. We bought it new last year and she really likes it so that got to her. State Farm took 30 minutes to arrange the tow, schedule the body shop, and have the rental reserved. I have a $500 deductible so that's all it'll cost us. I'm pretty tickled the damage is as light as it is, she must've got on the brakes quick.

I preach to to her and the kids to hit a deer instead of trying to dodge it and crashing worse, she did it. Our roads here have no shoulders, once you drop off the asphalt it's in the ditch. I've worked way too many bad wrecks with serious injuries or worse from trying to miss deer so as bad as it is I'm happy with the outcome.

Glad no one got hurt

Yup, someone should have got one more.

Did you get to keep the one she got with the Jeep?

I heard that you are improving the technology and now have North Carolina in sight. Now this would upset my neighbors to great extent, but I, being from Nebraska, look forward to a good white wash. Bring it on Fool. :snow::snow::snow::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

:snow2::snow2::snow2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

:farmer:

You asked for it........:snow2::snow::snow2::snow::snow2: WI White Washer.gif boule-neig.gif

deblneige.gif

:happy65::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::hihi::hihi:,,,, My dear friend and brother FlyinFool NEVER fails to put a great big ol lop eared varmint :big-grin-emoticon: on my mug... THANKS JEFF,, I needed that!! :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon: