IGNORED

Still using CB, or gone to bluetooth?

OutKast

Still using your CB, or switching to Bluetooth?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Still using your CB, or switching to Bluetooth?

• Breaker 29, never giving up the CB
    • Thinking about trying the bluetooth
    • Loving the bluetooth
    • Hand signals only

Looking at gutting the entire intercom system and using just a Sena 20s and a zumo. Kitty is concerned that if we ever do get back to riding with ventureriders, that the lack of the CB might be a big deal. So is the majority still CB oriented, or are most switching to Bluetooth?

Vz,

Do you have both mounted in one helmet? I'm toying with the idea of converting the venture to Bluetooth. But if you have both that would be cheaper and faster

UClear communicator in each helmet. Currently only listen to CB and that is through the bike speakers. May someday use a headset with the plastic band and just put that around my neck with the boom close to my chin so I can talk through CB. The CB is so rarely used that I have not pursued this or been concerned with listening through my helmet speakers.

Communicator gives me clear intercom with wife and blue tooth to my phone (ram mounted on my handlebar) gives me music via Pandora, cell phone, GPS with voice navigation, and I could probably text if I wanted to. Have not used it for bike to bike yet but it should work well.

myself and the misses are considering bluetooth communicators but I will never gut the factory system. I will be purchasing the wired conventional cb microphone that comes with the tx bypass wiring. I have seen a goldwing set on the J&M website but still searching for a yamaha version. I've read up on the mod but would love someone who actually did it to post some pics on the appropriate thread or pm me directly.

I don't know much at all about Bluetooth.

Can you broadcast to several bikes at once the way you can with the cb?

Or do you actually make phone calls to one other person through your phones with bluetooth or what? I'm bluetooth ignorant.

I use to lead 50-65 bikers on our Thursday night CMA rides. Placed bikes with CBs about every 5 or 6 bikes and communicated very well that way. If the pack got split up, there was always a CBer who could talk to me about their whereabouts.

myself and the misses are considering bluetooth communicators but I will never gut the factory system. I will be purchasing the wired conventional cb microphone that comes with the tx bypass wiring. I have seen a goldwing set on the J&M website but still searching for a yamaha version. I've read up on the mod but would love someone who actually did it to post some pics on the appropriate thread or pm me directly.

I posted pics and diagrams of how to do it, here is one of the threads:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?59362-CB-Mic-help

Edited by etcswjoe

I'd like to cut the cord and go to something wireless. If there was a proven way to connect a bluetooth transmitter/receiver on the bike's audio system with full funtionality to a bluetooth helmet mic/speakers I'd be interested. On the down side, two helmets with J&M headsets with $600 invested....hard to throw those away. If there was an adapter that would connect a bluetooth adapter on the existing headset wiring, that would be ideal.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with :

J&M Custom Bluetooth Dongle with JMAHP Software

http://www.revzilla.com/product/jm-custom-bluetooth-dongle-with-jmahp-software

J&M Custom Bluetooth Dongle Goldwing or 5 Pin System Cable

http://www.revzilla.com/product/jm-custom-bluetooth-dongle-goldwing-or-5-pin-system-cable

These work ONLY with J&M headsets, no other brands. Why I do not know, the idea of Bluetooth is to be universal.,

I don't know much at all about Bluetooth.

Can you broadcast to several bikes at once the way you can with the cb?

Or do you actually make phone calls to one other person through your phones with bluetooth or what? I'm bluetooth ignorant.

I use to lead 50-65 bikers on our Thursday night CMA rides. Placed bikes with CBs about every 5 or 6 bikes and communicated very well that way. If the pack got split up, there was always a CBer who could talk to me about their whereabouts.

Bluetooth has come a long way. The older models only connected to one other headset, and range was lucky to go 400 meters. The latest Senate 20s connects up to 8 riders simultaneously, and your GPS and cell. If you don't have a music player in your GPS or cell, it has a AM/FM built in, and a port to plug in an MP3. The range is over a mile now. If you get spilt farther than that, use the cell.

So the only reason to keep the stock system is the CB. And I have not found any cost effective way to connect the two systems.

I'd like to cut the cord and go to something wireless. If there was a proven way to connect a bluetooth transmitter/receiver on the bike's audio system with full funtionality to a bluetooth helmet mic/speakers I'd be interested. On the down side, two helmets with J&M headsets with $600 invested....hard to throw those away. If there was an adapter that would connect a bluetooth adapter on the existing headset wiring, that would be ideal.

PM Bob Myers- he is the guru on the Bluetooth-cb gizmos stuff. He was telling me back a couple months ago how to make the cb and uhf radios and something else all work thru Sena blue tooth. WAY more info than I needed.

I have a Sena Bluetooth system, I had it before I had my venture. To be honest I like the hard wired headset system of the Venture or Goldwing. The blue tooth can be picky to sink with others.

I have been on a ride where I was just one of those middle bikes, so I kept my mouth shut but it was nice to be able to listen to the front and bike bike, knowing when turns where coming up.

Plus I was have been riding by myself and all of a sudden get the message a picture take is up ahead. SO I like the CB radio

As a UK rider, we dont use CB, we have scala rider bluetooth so i can talk to my wife and hear the garmin messages ( saves having to look at the gps and take my eyes off the road )

As a UK rider, we dont use CB, we have scala rider bluetooth so i can talk to my wife and hear the garmin messages ( saves having to look at the gps and take my eyes off the road )

Is it because CB is not allowed. I know as a ham radio operator and I would travel to different countries I would lookup frequencies uses for each country, some countries use CB freq for public service