IGNORED

Squids new twisties in Texas!!!

1BigDog

Here ya go Squidley.......now dont get lost

WORLD'S MOST COMPLEX INTER-CHANGE......... TEXAS

http://us.mg203.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f51638%5fAIrEtEQAAKrWSoAmogE4%2fgYvT7M&pid=15&fid=Inbox&inline=1&stationery=1

Interstate 10 Highways Interchange...... Houston , Texas

:smile5:

been through it so many times, it is no big deal. knowing where you are going & watching the signs are key factors in not having to drive aways so you can turn around & do it all over again. you watch for the person in the left most lane who needs to be in the right most lane with 4 lanes of traffice & 1/4 mile to do it. now that is an adventure.

the guardian angel for that area must have been a former traffice cop!

I lived in houston for 12 years from1976 to 1988. There is no picture, but I am sure it would be the 610/59 nightmare. I few years before I moved there a tanker crashed and exploded on that thing. I'm certain it hasn't gone away.

Yep, thats the one I posted...but I can still see the pic.....

I can not see your picture but that looks like fun, in traffic jam on a motorcycle in mid summer heat wave.

Yah I can just imagine that one, not !

Brad

no picture....

Is it something like this?

No Randy that is my intown twisty, 3miles from the house, Spagetti Junction. My favorite rest stop on this run is halfway down the 285W to 85S ramp on the right side shoulder on the highest overpass ramp. From that spot you get the best view of the sunset and the Atlanta Skyline. When I have a new date on the bike I love to stop here for a rest break and a cig. At first it will freak them out that we are taking a rest break on a major interchange so high off the ground but, after they realize it's pretty safe due the long line of vision and the wide shoulder, and the view they end up thinking it is pretty cool place to stop.

They're talking about some place in Texas I think. I can't think of anything cool in Texas but, Tx2sturgis and silverbullet, ok maybe the Cadillac Rance.:stickpoke:

theres a problem with that, no place to do u-turned, to return to the twisties
Actually if you do the whole route and hit every ramp and interchange before stopping it's a pretty decent ride but you have to keep your wits and concentration focused or you can get lost like in a maze and never come off of it. Don't ask me how I know that. I spent a whole week on it one day when it first opened.

yep, poor brad is all confused with all my short cuts to different roads. even my gps unit i loaned him locked up on him this morning.

best reguards

don c. :yikes:

Yeah, Houston is one of those towns where the reality on the road differs from how it looks on a map. We have this thing called "traffic" that messes it all up. :-)

Dave

Extremely nice riding area. I also like the ride from Kerville down to Median on Hwy 16. Very extreme ride with 10 mph turns. Went and rode it for Memorial Day weekend. Now I want to go to NC for the "Tail of the Dragon" and the Blue Ridge ride. We have a few nice twisties out toward Montgomery and Livingstone Tx where you also get to see 2 nice lakes.

Have a nice day ya'll.

Born a Texan and will Die a Texan...just not soon I hope!:fingers crossed:

OK guys. Before I print a retraction and grovel for forgiveness, please send me the routes on a google url.

I realize that my credibility is laughable being a flat-lander from AZ and seeing the routes I take.

Let's see what you dudes call a twisty.

I took a look on Google and I'm still not convinced. No retraction or mia culpa, yet. 10 mph curves, huh? Is that what they're marked?

I guess I'll have to mosey on over there and run the routes.

I guess that I'll then have to go to Kentucky. I'm sure I'd get tired very quickly running never ending corners (with a town around every corner?), seeing that I'm a light weight flat-lander that has to ride an hour to get to anything resembling a corner here.