IGNORED

I finally did it!! And with my wife on back too!

BigLenny

Finally, after having my bike for 6 wonderful years, I dropped that sucker this morning. It turns out that if you try to take off with your front wheel disc brake lock still on, IT'LL BUCK YA RIGHT OFF! LOL.

Must something in the water, or change in weather BigLenny,,, yesterday - I went to move a 1st Gen parts bike into the garage to steal some parts from, put the kickstand up, rolled it into the garage, got mentally side tracked, lean it down onto the kickstand and let go of it - forgot to put the stand down first... Found out quickly that they care whether it is my fault, the bikes fault or someone elses fault,,, they are still heavy!!

Hope you guys are ok!!

Puc

We're all unscathed. My ego was bruised a little. We stayed the night last night at a hotel after a 200 mile ride. The hotel manager was kind enough to let me park the bike on the sidewalk right next to the front door. Well, that's exactly where the whole dropping of the bike scene happened this morning. After warming the bike up, we got loaded and I let the clutch out and the bike went about a foot before the ole disc brake lock did it's job. LOL. I had the from wheel turned to the right, so when the front wheel locked up, it dropped to the right faster than I could get my bearings. I almost saved it, but no deal. The bike fell onto it's crash bars and didn't roll over any father than that. My wife and I both tumbled off our seats and did the old person git up type thing. After the initial shock of the deal, I started laughing my head off. The hotel manager came running out the front door asking if we were alright. She looked puzzled that I was laughing.

We put in over 400 beautiful miles today, and I count this morning as lesson learned.

Glad it wasn't worse. Been reluctant to go with a wheel lock for that very reason. Hey, it's just another day.:fingers-crossed-emo

I dont use one either Illinois but for a different reason,,,, I leave my bike unlocked to see if anyone would even want to steal it :rotf::rotf::rotf:

• 4 months later...

I dropped my bike at the Iron Horse campground in Sturgis. The grass was super soft and there was a big hole that i didnt see and when she started going down i just grabbed her and let her down easy.

Turned around, did a squat, ppicked her up set her on the side stand and i was golden