User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + Angry message from her b/f

United States
    TX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + message from her b/f

So a few months ago, a gal I work with (she shares an office with me) had asked about my bike (she sees my crash jacket & helmet sitting next to my desk every day) and we had a nice little chat about it. Turns out, some of her only memories of her and her father were of her riding on the back of his wing. She asked if I would mind taking her for a ride sometime, of course, I said no problem - just let me know when. Well work finally slowed down some (and classes are over for a while) so we planned it for today.

I roll up to her place around 745 or so. She is out on the porch waiting for me, and pretty much set to go. I hand off the extra crash jacket I have and helmet, we chit-chat a little and take off. My mistake was thinking that she just wanted a quick ride. So I take her for a 20 minute spin around town and down one of the only decent roads within 10 miles of town here and as I start to head back to town she says 'going back so soon?'. My response of 'I'll stay out as long as you want to' was followed up with 'how about a ride up to Palo Duro canyon?' (this is about a 220 mile round-trip straight there and back) While verifying with her that she knew how far it was, she had commented on how she had been there just recently and knew, blah blah blah, but she wanted to take a 'scenic route' up and back.
    At this point I was about like and said "Fine by me, lets go". So, I pull a u-turn and take off. We stop at a few scenic turn outs along the way for a peek or two at the views at each place (which are few and far between here in the panhandle). I have attached a few shots.

Since I've got the headsets in the helmets we chatted along the way and she was enjoying herself, which is good. We end up stopping for lunch and I pulled up to her place around 430 or so (~400 miles later) to let her off and she already wanted to know when she could go again .

Now, to be clear here, we are just friends and I have no intentions of it going any further, but dang, that about brought a tear to my eye.

While we were out, at one of the scenic turn outs a small group (turned out to be a portion of the STAR riders from Amarillo) pulled up and we chatted. They had 2 or 3 RSTDs, 1 Strat, a V-star and a black royal star tour classic (I think). I also chatted with an 84 year old man that was on an 08 wing that had over 60k on it, he was one happy rider.

So I get home and see that I have a few voicemails. It turns out that her boyfriend didn't know that she was going to be out all day and had her cell phone (which obviously had my number in it). I had no idea and meant no harm, but he mentioned numerous times that he was her boyfriend and wanted to know when we'd be back. Apparently he was also upset that I didn't answer my phone ( - which I'm guessing he didn't think through since we were on a bike). I guess I can't blame him, I'd be a 'little' honked too if my girlfriend took off with some guy I didn't know and was gone for most of the day. But, I don't know that I would have called his cell phone either . I'm no home wrecker, but who am I to argue with a woman (I know better than that - especially on important matters like this).

Anyways, I had a TERRIFIC day, a FANTASTIC ride, and my friend was REALLY excited about the ride too and can't wait to go again. So, overall it has been a great day.

I always love when I can share my joy of motorcycling with others that also appreciate and enjoy it, and that's all that happened today.

Hope everyone else had a great day too!!
    Last edited by LilBeaver; 08-23-2010 at 12:44 AM.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default oh yeah

Yeah right...we all know what you was trying to do. You ought to be ashamed kidnapping that girl like that...all day long.
    What do you expect her to do... jump off while you are running down the road...

I must admit you got a good story...just remember to stick to it.

Well at least you had a good time.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is the guy ok now or still throwing a fit?

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like her boyfriend needs to get a bike, quick, before she trades him in on one of her own.

5. Likes Goose68 liked this post
    United States
    TX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CMIKE View Post
    Yeah right...we all know what you was trying to do. You ought to be ashamed kidnapping that girl like that...all day long.
    What do you expect her to do... jump off while you are running down the road...

I must admit you got a good story...just remember to stick to it.

Well at least you had a good time.
    While jumping off the bike was an option, I had made sure that she knew all she had to do was say the word and I could turn around at any time.
    And yes we did.

Quote Originally Posted by slick97spirit View Post
    So is the guy ok now or still throwing a fit?
    Well, I haven't a clue; I have met him once and he introduced himself as her 'friend'. I will probably call her in a little bit to make sure everything is fine, however I did have the following thought too:

Quote Originally Posted by hig4s View Post
    sounds like her boyfriend needs to get a bike, quick, before she trades him in on one of her own.
    NO KIDDING!

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well sounds like a great day. Her boyfriend will get over it, not like they are married. Plus you gave her a chance to do something she liked doing with her dad. I think ya done good.
    So when ya gonna take her again?

Margaret

United States
    TX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mini-muffin View Post
    Well sounds like a great day. Her boyfriend will get over it, not like they are married. Plus you gave her a chance to do something she liked doing with her dad. I think ya done good.
    So when ya gonna take her again?

Margaret
    I agree - he can deal with it.
    My intentions are pure (i.e. NO shenanigans) and her and I both know that. So, whatever.

Today while we were eating lunch she had mentioned that she had nothing going on tomorrow and would like to see northern New Mexico/southern Colorado (6-800 mi round trip). So we have tentative plans to head off first thing tomorrow morning. BUT, that might end up changing by the end of tonight.

Canada
    BC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

800 mile round trip?? ... is there an overnighter in this scenario? careful Rick... she's after your bod and needs an excuse for her b/f to dump her coz she's too chicken to dump him!

United States
    SC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Boomer, there is a gal that likes to ride bikes.
    Maybe not the third strike
    Feel the Wind Blow Hidden Content Hidden Content

Sleeperhawk

Hidden Content

United States
    TX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrT View Post
    800 mile round trip?? ... is there an overnighter in this scenario?
    Nope, no overnighter involved. The route I've got figured is only about 650 total. So, I'm thinking a total of 12-14 hours ought to suffice (including fuel stops 2 meal breaks and ice cream). Kickstand up around 6am (she is an early riser too) and I can have her back before sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrT View Post
    careful Rick... she's after your bod "..."

Yeah... Right... That's it.

Although I have been told numerous times that I can be quite dense.

Nah, no funny business here. She just enjoyed the ride and wants to go again.

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just enjoy the company. Not often you find someone that wants to just hang out and ride with ya.

Margaret

United States
    TX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mini-muffin View Post
    Just enjoy the company. Not often you find someone that wants to just hang out and ride with ya.

Margaret
    That's the plan and my thoughts exactly.

Louisiana
    LA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenhawk View Post
    Hey, Boomer, there is a gal that likes to ride bikes.
    Maybe not the third strike
    Sounds good....then I saw the pic of her....I'm older than dirt and that gal can certainly do better for herself than me.

Boomer.....who loved riding in Texas.....especially Liberty,Texas.....

Canada
    BC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerCPO View Post
    Sounds good....then I saw the pic of her....I'm older than dirt and that gal can certainly do better for herself than me.
    yep... and that's exactly why she's riding with LilBeaver ...

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerCPO View Post

Boomer.....who loved riding in Texas.....especially Liberty,Texas.....
    She use to ride with her father, you are older than dirt, maybe she sees you as a father figure and wants you to give her boyfriend the "Just what are your intentions, boy!" speech.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast