Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + Angry message from her b/f

LilBeaver

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it 2 weeks yet???????

Not quite!! :duck::duck:

It's ok, Rick, I took her for a nice 250 mile ride today.... But dont worry, were just friends!

:rotf:

Riiiiiiiight. Hope it was a good one :rasberry:

A little bit difficult when your shock is laying on the ground, eh?

Guest tx2sturgis
Not quite!! :duck::duck:

Riiiiiiiight. Hope it was a good one :rasberry:

A little bit difficult when your shock is laying on the ground, eh?

She liked the Harley...I'm just sayin!

:crackup:

Alright folks - at least those of you that were tuned in. Two weeks is up (and as it turns out it was a little more than two weeks) and we are headed out somewhere tomorrow morning. Picking her up at 645am and then off to :confused24: :). Then plan is to be back by early-ish afternoon to try to avoid some of the heat, but we'll see what happens. :happy34:

This ride is to serve two purposes. One, she asked to go again when I got back and two the decent test ride to make sure my new tire is up to snuff, check out the newly modified (by Rick Butler) seat, as well as some of the other jazz I have done in preparation for my upcoming trip. So, there you go. If all goes well I will update sometime tomorrow evening when I am back around. If all doesn't go well, then, I'll update when I get a chance to.

She liked the Harley...I'm just sayin!

:crackup:

:doh: Forgot about that.

Stay tuned, when next time we hear LilBeaver say.....:thumbsup:

:smile5: ... Oh wait, I meant :thumbsup: :D

Dang hope we can all hold out till you get back. I'm also looking forward to your next trip. Now make sure one of you has a camera. You know all good stories are better with pictures. :)

Margaret

I will make sure that I have a charged camera with me and maybe I'll remember to give it to her and ask her to take some pics while we ride.

is it 2 weeks yet???????

Well, yes it has. I guess I should have been more specific with 2.5 weeks...

Not for nothing,,,, but a while back, I took a nice younger gal (10 years difference) for a 'quick ride' on my bike no strings attached....we ended up doing a 200 mile trip that day....took another ride the following week etc etc....long story short, I married that girl 2 years later.....yep....thats my Sammi!! Good Luck LilBeaver!!

:173:

:banana:

Not for nothing,,,, but a while back, I took a nice younger gal (10 years difference) for a 'quick ride' on my bike no strings attached....we ended up doing a 200 mile trip that day....took another ride the following week etc etc....long story short, I married that girl 2 years later.....yep....thats my Sammi!! Good Luck LilBeaver!!

:173:

:banana:

....and you got an awsome deal with that ride Vinny, great to see you back on my friend

:thumbsup2:

It's ok, Rick, I took her for a nice 250 mile ride today.... But dont worry, were just friends!

:rotf:

By the way she must not have been too fond of that 'spare bike' of yours if you only went for 250 miles :stickpoke: :witch_brew::witch_brew:

Edited by LilBeaver

Well. I'm home, finally. Actually I got home a little while ago and have had time to shower and make and eat some dinner. I suppose, since so many of you seem to be enjoying this, I'll continue to post about the recent events.

I got back into town Wednesday afternoon. Got a new tire and had it installed, along with doing a bunch of other PM type items on the bike, I had the bike ready to go and out for a very short test ride (20-30 miles) on Friday to make sure it was going to be reasonably safe for me and a particular passenger the following day.

I guess I'll just sort of walk through the happenings.

Friday (yesterday) I heard a knock on the door to my lab and chatted with my friend. She was up for a ride the next day (today, Saturday) so we set a time - 0645 and to be back early-ish afternoon, to avoid much of the heat.

I finished up worky-type items at the lab and went home, finished up the stuff on the bike and then took the aforementioned test ride. Worked some more, yippee. (exciting, I know).

Got to bed real late, but no big deal, as I slept pretty well. Up at 5:30, final check over bike and collected a few items for the ride (camera, water bottles, jackets, liners, extra set of rain-gear, tools, etc). After a quick breakfast I was out the door by 0630 and at hers by 0645. She was out waiting. Handed off the extra crash jacket and helmet, reviewed the dos and don't while riding and then had a quick chat about where to go. This is the part that surprised me. She suggested we ride out to New Mexico via a new route, full well knowing how far it was seeing as this was not the first time. So, we saddled up and took off.

As the sun was cresting the eastern horizon into the clear blue sky, we rode on, enjoying the emptiness of the open road around us and the sky above us. The temperature was a rather pleasant 70 degrees (F) or so to begin with. 120 miles later, crossed the NM/TX border and stopped for fuel and further discussion of where to go... I suggested a few routes one being we round our way back to Lubbock (which was followed by a snarl and statement of "I didn't get up at 0600 to turn around NOW!") So off we went.

Stopped around 10 or 11 (central time) for Brunch, fuel and another 'turn around or continue on' type discussion which ended in us continuing on North/Northwest (different route than before). Drove through some of the hills some, picked up a NASTY head wind on I-25 and then started to head back. (Drove through Santa Rosa, NM, Las Vegas NEW MEXICO, and a few other small towns).

Hit a pretty awesome thunderstorm (surprise surprise) on the way back - and I mean that it was actually pretty neat. The hail hurt but the lighting was SWEET. That rain was actually quite a relief as it had gotten quite humid. Although about 30 miles from home, rain stopped and we hit a wall of heat.

I dropped her off around 1945 or so and yet again she said thanks a lot and wanted to know when we could go again.

All in all we did a LOT of riding and I am confident now that the bike is all set for my next couple weeks of riding (my new E3 rode real nice and Rick Butler has saved my tailbone BIG TIME).

Other notes. She has signed herself up for a MSF basic rider course the last weekend in July (I think).

I am really tired (the wind and t-storms which included wind really beat me up pretty good) and my face hurts a lot (I got a pretty sweet sunburn) but had a great day. Unfortunately I did not get nearly as much done today as I wanted to, but, whatever. It was worth it. And of COURSE as RoadKill ALMOST correctly predicted :thumbsup2::thumbsup2: :thumbsup:

She was happy at the end of the ride and admitted that she was a little tired (although she attributed that to getting up an hour before her normal time - I think the ride had something to do with it too) but was really excited, wanted to go again and wanted to know when I would be available to take her again (as I have already said). :happy65::happy65::happy34:

So, this is a little bit of a scrambled version, but, there you go folks. Another great day and hopefully more to come!

Oh, and of course a few pictures. (Some random dude offered to take a picture of the two of us, but he was a little too excited to grab for the camera so I decided to forgo that opportunity as I did not really want to donate my camera to some random guy - it may have been fine, but, whatever). Sorry there are not any more pictures; quite frankly, we just did not stop that often :happy34:

'til next time...

:Venture::Venture: or I suppose: :7_2_104[1]: Platonically, of course.

Edited by LilBeaver
Forgot to attach pictures

You did not mention anything about getting some sugar as you dropped her off...why did you leave that part out?:stickpoke:

Hey I got the perfect starter bike for her. 2008 VStar Midnight 650. Got mustang seats, sissy bar, luggage rack, windshield, air horn, LED tail light and turn signals, with a brand new set of Avon Venom tires front and rear. Bike has about 7700 miles on it...it is a clean bike...never dropped or abused. IT would be a great starter bike for only $4800 OBO. IT has $1960 worth of accessories on it.

Check the classifieds out...or PM and I will send you the full resolution versions.

Hey I got the perfect starter bike for her. 2008 VStar Midnight 650. Got mustang seats, sissy bar, luggage rack, windshield, air horn, LED tail light and turn signals, with a brand new set of Avon Venom tires front and rear. Bike has about 7700 miles on it...it is a clean bike...never dropped or abused. IT would be a great starter bike for only $4800 OBO. IT has $1960 worth of accessories on it.

Check the classifieds out...or PM and I will send you the full resolution versions.

Looks like a good looking scoot there! If she finds that she likes the vstar, I'll go ahead and mention it to her. It would only be a 1700 mile round trip to go get it too! :thumbsup2:

Looks like a good looking scoot there! If she finds that she likes the vstar, I'll go ahead and mention it to her. It would only be a 1700 mile round trip to go get it too! :thumbsup2:

I am a bike owner and I also am only 5 feet 3 inches.I bought a vstar 650 and loved it but when ever I went on a long trip it always seemed like I needed another gear or more power on the open roads.I then sold the 650 and bought my first 1100.It was wonderful.It was a 2001.I then bought a 2006 new and today I bought a RSV TRIKE.I love it even more.Take it from me you will wish you had bought the 1100.I have two 1100's for sale both with low mileage.One has quick release windshied and quick release hard bags.It also has highway bars and I am thinking about leaving the cb on the bike{haven't decided that yet}The 01 is just the bike and no accessories.

I can bring it to Lafayette to cut some of that down if you are interested. I am in that area every other week. I would go a little further to meet you if you want.

Guest tx2sturgis

So how is the new Works unit performing with a passenger? How did you size it when you ordered it?

And one more thing. I thought you already HAD a girlfriend?

:think:

Guest tx2sturgis
and who sez a guy can't have a harem??? :eek: :rotf:

Harems get EXPENSIVE. I know this.

:whistling:

Just watchin out for the guy...

I am a bike owner and I also am only 5 feet 3 inches.I bought a vstar 650 and loved it but when ever I went on a long trip it always seemed like I needed another gear or more power on the open roads.I then sold the 650 and bought my first 1100.It was wonderful.It was a 2001.I then bought a 2006 new and today I bought a RSV TRIKE.I love it even more.Take it from me you will wish you had bought the 1100.I have two 1100's for sale both with low mileage.One has quick release windshied and quick release hard bags.It also has highway bars and I am thinking about leaving the cb on the bike{haven't decided that yet}The 01 is just the bike and no accessories.

Sounds good as well. Good info here too. I felt the EXACT same way about my Shadow 1100 A.C.E. I'd get up to about 55 and feel like I needed to shift again. Needless to say I did not have that bike for very long.

This is going to be her (my friend's) bike though, so I'll just be around for advice when requested, technical support and of course, a riding partner. I'll too keep you in mind if she finds that she likes that particular bike.

I can bring it to Lafayette to cut some of that down if you are interested. I am in that area every other week. I would go a little further to meet you if you want.

I'll keep that in mind. NOTHING is going to come together until after she takes the class at the end of July, so this is something that will be a ways away. But I'll certainly keep this in mind if she finds that she likes that particular bike.

So how is the new Works unit performing with a passenger? How did you size it when you ordered it?

And one more thing. I thought you already HAD a girlfriend?

When I ordered the shock I gave them my weight, measured with gear and such (my weight + 5 lbs) and told them that I ride with passenger and travel gear totaling 200 lbs 15% of the time.

They told me I ended up with the 1200 lb spring.

With a passenger (and no extra gear) the bike rides GREAT. Very smooth, handles great, etc. By my self with no gear I sort of feel that it is a bit stiff but I am getting used to it (again, my old shock may have been pooched for a long time and I have not ridden another RSV long enough to really have a good handle on what it ought to ride like or what it rides like with a brand new OEM shock). I do think that when fully loaded with my travel gear, it will ride very well.

Now, on to the second part of your comment. This 'relationship' is simply a friendship, nothing more. I went into it that way to begin with and do not intend on taking it any further. Lastly, 'HAD' is, in fact, the appropriate word... For some time now. But that is water under the bridge.

Harems get EXPENSIVE. I know this.

:whistling:

Just watchin out for the guy...

Good lookin' out though :happy34:

And they do get very expensive, typically not worth it either.

But I don't go for those kind of shenanigans.

Well glad you're having fun. Girlfriends come and go but friends are harder to come by. Just keep having fun. Oh next pictures maybe we could see the two of you in?

Margaret

I do enjoy riding my motorsickle :smile5: It is A LOT of fun to be able to share the enjoyment with someone else that [actually] likes riding them too... :happy34:

As for the pictures:

Well - maybe. I like to ride in areas with no one else around, so often times it is difficult to find something to prop my camera up on. I'm sure I'll get some eventually. Especially when she gets her bike too!

Sadly, you'll have to wait until ~Aug 2nd or so +/- a few days... :( maybe even all the way to 15/Aug. :bawling:

Guest tx2sturgis
I do enjoy riding my motorsickle :smile5: It is A LOT of fun to be able to share the enjoyment with someone else that [actually] likes riding them too... :happy34:

I second that! :happy34::happy34:

As for the pictures:

Well - maybe. I like to ride in areas with no one else around, so often times it is difficult to find something to prop my camera up on.

Small, light, travel tripods are about $15 at Wal-Mart...whats the hold-up???