IGNORED

Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + Angry message from her b/f

LilBeaver

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. I'm back. Great ride today too. No pictures because I left my camera at the house (:doh:) but it was beautiful, so I'll be back out there sometime soon I'm sure. I don't know what is going on between her and her 'man' but when I asked if everything was okay, her words were "don't worry about it, he can deal with it". I offered to go have a chat with him, but she wasn't too keen on that, so whatever.

She has been looking into getting into a MSF class so that will be taken care of too, so no worries there.

She did good today 600+ miles and we even did some rain. To my surprise, there wasn't a single complaint from her, just enjoying the open road and having some laughs. When I saw the dark clouds start to develop and move in from the south (and in front of us) I wasn't sure how she was going to handle it. I gave her a fair warning of what to expect when we started to get wet and offered her my rain pants - that go on over whatever you are wearing (the jacket I let her wear has a waterproof liner in it) she just said 'no thanks - I'll dry'.

Overall, we had another great day - and it was mentioned by a few folks now and I'll reiterate that it is REALLY nice to find someone that enjoys riding too and is fine as just friends.

By the way, the next ride has already been tentatively scheduled for later this week :smile5:

:Venture: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks for following along, I just wanted to share my excitement with someone... :)

Anyways, sorry this is a little jumbled. I need to go clean up a little (it was 95+ today and sunny for some of the afternoon... Yuck). I may fill in some more details later, but for now - off to the water-closet.

Additional responses below:

Gee Beeve,

The last time I took a woman on a 800 mile motorcycle ride, I ended up kissin' her on the lips and the next thing ya' know, I was married!:doh: Good thing Jean likes to ride! :Laugh:

I'm glad you had a great time, My dad used to say,"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then"! :crackup:

You youngsters stay outta' trouble!

Earl and Jean

:yikes::yikes::yikes: I'm not old enough to be thinking about any of that 'm' word stuff. And me, get in to 'trouble'?!?!?! Naaaaaah :2143:

Good for you LilB! It is not often a person can find a riding buddy without said person having ulterior motives. Sounds like you have made a friend. Real friends are tough to come by today.

After a few more rides you may even spring on her its time for her to take the MSF course and learn to ride/buy her own so she can enjoy riding as it was meant to be.

Yea, no kidding. I've been through a few that were 'into motorcycling' until we get out for a ride. 15 minutes down the road I get the 'tap tap tap, are we going to be out much longer?' Which is followed by a 'nope, not anymore... C-ya'.

She is super excited now, more so than she was when we had our first motorcycle talk, and is really looking forward to getting her own set of wheels.

A gal who handles a 400 mile ride out her first time is a gal to keep around. Just sayin'. :backinmyday:

Hope you enjoy your ride today. I presume you're riding since you aren't here saying you aren't.:happy65:

Dave

You were correct Dave :happy65::happy65: :smile5:. 10 Points for you...

It really sounds like you've turned loose a passion with in her, and her boyfriend may not be able to have that great love of the road like she and the rest of us do. So phooooeeey! Enjoy, and feel younger.

Just think of all the admirable looks you'll get from the side of those who see you with such a lovely beauty who is so young! If their nose gets bent out of shape, just tell em to take Geritol. LOL> (Or laxative).

JackZ

So young?!?! Hmmmm, she is only 1 year younger than me :think: :stickpoke:

At this point, I just hope that her boyfriend doesn't get in the way of her enjoying motorcycles. Although if we start hanging out more (with the bike(s)) and she continues to enjoy it (which I imagine she will, considering the mileage she has racked up in 2 days) she'll be fine.

Hmmmm, 400 mile trip with a woman.....hmmmm, now I really think I know what his sign name stands for......:smile5::smile5::smile5:

I have no idea what you are talking about :confused24::confused24: :detective: ............................... :D

Edited by LilBeaver

Well I don't know what is going on between her and her 'man' but when I asked if everything was okay, her words were "don't worry about it, he can deal with it". I offered to go have a chat with him, but she wasn't too keen on that,

She did good today 600+ miles and we even did some rain. To my surprise, there wasn't a single complaint from her, just enjoying the open road and having some laughs. When I saw the dark clouds start to develop and move in from the south (and in front of us) I wasn't sure how she was going to handle it. I gave her a fair warning of what to expect when we started to get wet and offered her my rain pants - that go on over whatever you are wearing (the jacket I let her wear has a waterproof liner in it) she just said 'no thanks - I'll dry'.

Overall, we had another great day - and it was mentioned by a few folks now and I'll reiterate that it is REALLY nice to find someone that enjoys riding too and is fine as just friends.

By the way, the next ride has already been tentatively scheduled for later this week :smile5:

:Venture: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks for following along, I just wanted to share my excitement with someone... :)

Anyways, sorry this is a little jumbled. I need to go clean up a little (it was 95+ today and sunny for some of the afternoon... Yuck). I may fill in some more details later, but for now - off to the water-closet.

Additional responses below:

:yikes::yikes::yikes: I'm not old enough to be thinking about any of that 'm' word stuff. And me, get in to 'trouble'?!?!?! Naaaaaah :2143:

So young?!?! Hmmmm, she is only 1 year younger than me :think: :stickpoke:

At this point, I just hope that her boyfriend doesn't get in the way of her enjoying motorcycles. Although if we start hanging out more (with the bike(s)) and she continues to enjoy it (which I imagine she will, considering the mileage she has racked up in 2 days) she'll be fine.

I have no idea what you are talking about :confused24::confused24: :detective: ............................... :D

Yea---boyfriend is already out,just don't know it yet. Looks like you have a riding partner,and we all know what springs from "friendships" with the opposite sex. :whistling::innocent: Oh, and don't lie, If she officially dumps her boyfriend, it wouldn't bother you in least, would it? :stickpoke::080402gudl_prv:

I think that to find out what you both are really headed for is ask her to take a real ride up to Nelson in 4 weeks.

I am betting if she has a passport she will say yes to go with you before you have the words outta your mouth. :banana::banana::innocent-emoticon:

Brian

Real glad you are both enjoying it. And another lady rider :sign yeah that: you tell her that Aussie Annie saud: GO FOR IT! :sign woo hoo:

YOU GOT IT Annie!! :)

I think that to find out what you both are really headed for is ask her to take a real ride up to Nelson in 4 weeks.

I am betting if she has a passport she will say yes to go with you before you have the words outta your mouth. :banana::banana::innocent-emoticon:

Brian

Brian: Lol. yea, well - other than the whole me having to work for 3 weeks after it, I might have considered it :)

But, I agree, she'd probably be up for it

:Venture:

:whistling:

YOU GOT IT Annie!! :)

Brian: Lol. yea, well - other than the whole me having to work for 3 weeks after it, I might have considered it :)

But, I agree, she'd probably be up for it

:Venture:

I am sure there would be guys there willing to give a good looking lady a ride home if youre not able too...:whistling:......:stirthepot:

brian:smile5:

I am sure there would be guys there willing to give a good looking lady a ride home if youre not able too...:whistling:......:stirthepot:

Yea, I'll bet! I suppose I should bring a squirt bottle or rolled up newspaper for the occasionally necessary 'DOWN BOY!'... Just in case :rasberry:

Although the 4000 mile (~6400 km) round trip for them might be a bit of a turn off...

Yea, I'll bet! I suppose I should bring a squirt bottle or rolled up newspaper for the occasionally necessary 'DOWN BOY!'... Just in case :rasberry:

Although the 4000 mile (~6400 km) round trip for them might be a bit of a turn off...

It could be done in a relay, to get her back........ :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::canada:

If the run to Nelson is a bit too far, you could always hook up with Owen from Houston and run up for the Pork in the Pines over the Labor Day long week end.

:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

LOL. Actually, it isn't the distance that is the problem - except for someone else needing to run her back to Texas for me. I will be leaving Nelson to head over to Vancouver for 3 weeks (for work) then riding back...

I have been eying the PIP deal though, as it looks like a good time - and I'm quite familiar with some of the decent rides up in that part of the country.

Just a little advice, but some guys are not so receptive to thier gals going on a 400 mile ride with another guy. You should cordially walk away from this one until she is not with someone. If this guy is brazen enough to call your phone, then he may be the jealous type that is no good. It is not even worth the risk and if she is a good friend she would understand that. nothing good comes out of this. You can probably ask some of the police officers on the site here how this one typically pans out.

Just a little advice, but some guys are not so receptive to thier gals going on a 400 mile ride with another guy. You should cordially walk away from this one until she is not with someone. If this guy is brazen enough to call your phone, then he may be the jealous type that is no good. It is not even worth the risk and if she is a good friend she would understand that. nothing good comes out of this. You can probably ask some of the police officers on the site here how this one typically pans out.

I do appreciate the input and despite the overall [playful] tone of many of the posts in this thread, I do intend on treading very lightly here. I do not intend, nor did I intend on anything other than being a friend (especially since we work together and of course, now that I know she has/had a boyfriend). I also decided that I would not invite her on anything until I knew for sure what was going on with this dude. The last thing I would want is something to happen to her (by the boyfriend) as a result of our friendship - and until I find out more about what is actually going on, this IS something that has been in the back of my mind for some time now and will handle appropriately.

I do have a few years of LEO experience, so I do know (first hand) that some people out there are, for lack of a better description, simply crazy.

Thank you for speaking up I really do appreciate the concern and have taken this seriously.

So, while things simmer down - I'm going to go burn some more fuel :Venture:

Incidentally from next Monday until 15/Aug, I will only be home for a grand total of about 5 days (thanks to work), so there really won't be any time to take her out - even if she wanted to...

Thanks again, I do appreciate your concern :)

Edited by LilBeaver