IGNORED

SeaFoam - $$$$

DonB

WOW

I just came back from Napa here in Windsor and I bought a can of Seafoam. It cost me $11.90 plus taxes (cdn) I complained about the price to the counter clerk and he said that everyone says the same. I told him I could get it in Detroit for $6.99 to $7.99 a can.

I'll stock up there next time.

Then I was following someone's post about using Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak to stop a front fork leak and that was $13.21 plus taxes for a small bottle. I sure hope it stops my small leak.

What a ripoff it is in Canada.

DonB

:fiddle:

Sorry I paid $5.99 at Northern Tool and Wally World.

I tried in my trucks oil (230,000 miles) for a short time then changed the oil. It brought the oil pressure up from 40psi to 60psi where it was. Cleans out a lot of junk.

Well worth the price.

Steve

Yeppers. Wally World here is selling SF for $5.89. NAPA is asking $11 and change. I noticed NAPA was getting $10.79 for a can of liquid electrical tape. Wallys had the same for $4.99.

Lucas doesn't seem to be cheap anywhere but it does wonders for the fork seals.

Guest Popeye

I just paid $9. for a can of SeaFoam at NAPA....Wally's has been out for 6 months, now.

Still worth it. Plenty for both bikes.

Well it looks like the Seafoam price is all over the map. I usually put the full can in my bike about every 2 months but this time I only put in a 1/2 can.

I should check to see if They have it at Wally World here in Canada

:mo money:

Well it looks like the Seafoam price is all over the map. I usually put the full can in my bike about every 2 months but this time I only put in a 1/2 can.

Theres a Wally World in Canada?:think:

Yeppers. Wally World here is selling SF for $5.89. NAPA is asking $11 and change. I noticed NAPA was getting $10.79 for a can of liquid electrical tape. Wallys had the same for $4.99.

Lucas doesn't seem to be cheap anywhere but it does wonders for the fork seals.

My local NAPA had it for $6 and change for a can.

Well here's a picture of it.

I went to Home Depot here in Windsor but they only carry a cheap no-name brand of carb cleaner for $3.95.

I didn't get it. I'll check out Walmart next.

db

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from Carquest where I purchased Seafoam for $9.35/can. They've got me by the short and curlys. You wanna play, you gotta pay.

Don...wallymart doesnt carry it in Canada that I've seen so far. I visit the US alot and always stock up or my bud from the US will bring some up for us a couple times per year.

Midicat...living so close to the border...have you tried to get it across the line? It's probably not worth it as a destination trip but if you happen to be over for something else that would be a good time to stock up.

I also buy my sythentic oil and filters across the line at wallymart....costs about half as much as here for the same stuff!

Yes, we get hosed on all sorts of things up here.

Click HERE to see Seafoam's web site on where to buy it...

an alternative is to use Coleman, or other brand of Camp Fuel at about 50% the concentration that you would use Seafoam as it does not have the alcohol that Seafoam has.

I found this at www.answers.yahoo.com

Seafoam seems to be a popular choice.

It's a Good Product,,I recommend it sometimes myself.

It's

30% Basic Cleaner

20% Rubbing Alcohol--"Fuel Dryer"

50% Stabilizer

It's good stuff as an "all-in-one" type additive.

Might do the trick in your case.???

If You wanna boost Seafoam performance as a Cleaner,,,simply add either Coleman Camp Fuel or Kingsford brand Charcoal Lighter Fluid.

Both are "same chemical" but a Higher,Purer Grade and come packaged in 100% Concentration.

after readign the MSDS for both procucts, I would have to agree.

Edited by KiteSquid

• 1 month later...