IGNORED

Contest Starts NOW!

Freebird

Daytona Beach. Because: Lots of great sites for bikers to visit, including manufacturers of custom bikes and paint jobs. Great weather all year long. The town is set up to accept huge numbers of bikers and is biker friendly. The beach. The speedway. The various museums devoted to racing. The flea markets with lots of motorcycle related items for sale. A number of very large motorcycle dealers in the area that run regular tour rides for bikers. Famous watering holes. The beach. "Destination Daytona" conglomerate of biker related dealers. Did I mention The Beach!

Steven L. Ashe; 2006 Black Cherry Venture

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I would love to trek to Colorado or any point west I simply cannot take off that much time from work among other issues. So, ill guess ill toss my hat into the ring for Tennessee or Arkansas.

Florida is nice but extremely hot in the summer.

I would like to suggest Grand Junction, Colorado. Located on the mild side of the Continental Divide. Easy access via Interstate 70. Between Denver and the Utah border designated the most scenic Interstate in the U.S. Easy access from Canada and all other points of the U.S.

In the heart of some of the best riding in the U.S. Biker friendly town, great accommodations, large selection of eating establishments, & scenery galore.

quote]

I like that idea.

DJ

:group cheers:

My suggestion for the International gathering is Jasper National Park in Alberta Canada. The Canadian Rockies are amazing and Jasper is close to several National parks. Lots of easy accomodation available and the rides here are to die for!!! amazing on all levels. Clean and a great place to ride. Come on up and enjoy the wilds of western Canada in the best province in Canada - Alberta. The neighbour to the west -BC- is also a very very beautiful province with mountains oceans and miles of wild country.

A bit of a hike for some but easily worth the ride!!!

My vote goes for Northern Colorado up to Alberta.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to ride in 90+ temps and humidity above 60% during the summer months. Down South, that includes Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Southern Utah. Have any of you looked at the average temps and humidity in these areas.

From what all said about Northern Colorado the temps were hot during the day unless up in the higher elavations which most of us would be.

As someone said, lets keep the Rally rotating between two places and leave it at that OR just stick with the 3 to 4 day type events like Vogel, Skid's, or Eureka Springs.

:whistling:

There have been 2 people suggest New Orleans. I would love it here as I live 70 miles away. But during this time of year there are 2 kinds of weather down here. They are "hot as hell" and "hot as hell, with rain". I would love it here as we have the best food in the world but, there are many other places that are better to ride than here. We also have good places to fish but these ventures don't ride on top of the water. I would suggest northern Arkansas for the beauty and rodes to ride or the Texas hill Country for the same reasons.

My suggestion for the International gathering is Jasper National Park in Alberta Canada. The Canadian Rockies are amazing and Jasper is close to several National parks. Lots of easy accomodation available and the rides here are to die for!!! amazing on all levels. Clean and a great place to ride. Come on up and enjoy the wilds of western Canada in the best province in Canada - Alberta. The neighbour to the west -BC- is also a very very beautiful province with mountains oceans and miles of wild country.

A bit of a hike for some but easily worth the ride!!!

Only problem I see, is the probable lack of support, to get a scoot fixed fairly quickly, in the Jasper area. This needs to be considered in any location chosen.

:fingers-crossed-emo

I was not at Ft Collins, but the support from the bike shop, near this years Rally HQ, was outstanding..........

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would like to see the rally held in Knoxville. The surrounding area has some of the best riding in the world. We have people from all over come to the Smokies to ride the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway, Hwy 441, and Hwy 421 in Bristol. All of these roads are well within a day trip of Knoxville and that what we go to these things for, is to RIDE. Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Knoxville cater to the rider with plenty of places to eat, stay, shopping and siteseeing. It's not any more time to get there than Sturgis or Daytona. The people at Chilhowie Park take care of about 250,000 bikers when they come to the Honda Hoot in June, so I'm sure they can handle a few hundred thousand of us. Happy Trails to everyone no matter where we end up. Be safe out there and watch out for the other :thumbsup2: idiots. johnnyp

Here is my take on this.

It really does not matter how many places one throws out to have the 2009 rally.

It comes down to WHO WILL BE WILLING TO THROW IT TOGETHER.

Picking locations is great but who in that state is going to

do the leg work to get it off the ground.

I read allot of post by people who want it in the state of there

choosing but as you read there post it is not them volunteering to put it together.

The guys did a great job in Colorado and kitchner.

So who volunteers for the 09 and we go from there for a vote.

JMO............................Ron

Here is my take on this.

It really does not matter how many places one throws out to have the 2009 rally.

It comes down to WHO WILL BE WILLING TO THROW IT TOGETHER.

Picking locations is great but who in that state is going to

do the leg work to get it off the ground.

I read allot of post by people who want it in the state of there

choosing but as you read there post it is not them volunteering to put it together.

The guys did a great job in Colorado and kitchner.

So who volunteers for the 09 and we go from there for a vote.

JMO............................Ron

Psssst, Ron, It's just a contest!! :rotf: