IGNORED

Motorcycle Survey

Freebird

The Motorcycle Riders Foundation (MRF) reports that a new web-based survey for motorcyclists has been launched by the Federal Highway Administration's Motorcycle Advisory Council (FHWA-MAC). The members of the FHWA MAC recently created the 2008 Motorcyclist Road Conditions Survey. The purpose of the survey is to help state and federal highway administrators better understand and plan for the needs of motorcycle riders. All riders are encouraged to take the survey before the deadline of August 1st 2008. The idea is to launch the survey during riding season when riders are most aware of current conditions and can more accurately respond to the survey.

To take the ten minute survey before August 1st visit: www.surveymonkey.com/MACmembersHighwaySurvey

Note: this is a busy site, so be patient if the survey does not work on the first try.

I hope I'm not shoveling you know what against the tide. As it is, almost went over last week just making a right hand turn at an intersection, and my front wheel fell into a hole, I wasn't expecting it to be that bad but almost went over. But it comes right back to the economy, there just isn't enough repair money in the pot. :confused24:

The Motorcycle Riders Foundation (MRF) reports that a new web-based survey for motorcyclists has been launched by the Federal Highway Administration's Motorcycle Advisory Council (FHWA-MAC). The members of the FHWA MAC recently created the 2008 Motorcyclist Road Conditions Survey. The purpose of the survey is to help state and federal highway administrators better understand and plan for the needs of motorcycle riders. All riders are encouraged to take the survey before the deadline of August 1st 2008. The idea is to launch the survey during riding season when riders are most aware of current conditions and can more accurately respond to the survey.

To take the ten minute survey before August 1st visit: www.surveymonkey.com/MACmembersHighwaySurvey

Note: this is a busy site, so be patient if the survey does not work on the first try.

Done deal Don. Hope it helps. California roads have gone from being the best to being the worst over the last 50 years.... I remember when a kid I knew we were back in Ca by how good they were. Now I know we're back in Ca by how bad they are. And it's a shame concidering how much fuel we burn and the taxes we pay on that fuel......

I just filled out the survey. I ripped MN for it's love affair with toys trains while neglecting roads. I pointed out the dangerous potholes on I-94 that continue to go unrepaired.

However, as all forms of Government goes, I'm sure nothing will happen.

Done ... Charleston area roads are in total disarray due to it being the second largest

container port in the world .. They say there are over 75,000 trucks a day on the road in

and around Charleston ... The roads show it ...

I hope I'm not shoveling you know what against the tide. As it is, almost went over last week just making a right hand turn at an intersection, and my front wheel fell into a hole, I wasn't expecting it to be that bad but almost went over. But it comes right back to the economy, there just isn't enough repair money in the pot. :confused24:

Did my duty.

Some of the countys (State Rd Dept. and County Rd Dept.) in my area are doing ok, while others are doing almost nothing for the four wheelers, let along the two wheelers. Thanks Don.....

Looks like this is only a US survey, I can’t reply or I’d suggest that all intersection shoulders be paved. This would prevent the gravel from being kicked up on the road by the tires that run off the edge pavement while turning. Perhaps one of you could include that suggestion.

finished the survey, and added a note about HOV lane use A woman here in N.Y was arrested for using HOV lane. She won her case after 2 yrs. But the cops are apparently appealing the court ruling. Their grounds, Sport bike guys use it to escape the cops, so no one should allowed to ride them. If your in metro N.Y . ride at your own risk. Any Metro NYC members had that experience?

Rich,

Go to -- givemeliberty.org and research the amounts of $$$ the goverment is stealing from us to have play $$ to do the things they want to do. The road fund is full, they just don't spend it on roads. :doh:

Other sites -- prisonplanet.com, freedomabovefortune.com,

GO to republicmagazine.com and send your sentors a message, they are about to take more of your FREEDOM away this week.

Take care and GOD Bless this Country!!!!!!!!

Gary C

Hey,

Don done deal.

As Rich mentioned the road fund is mty, well the truth is, the road fund is full. The polticians just use it for their PET projects.

More info people can go to -- givemeliberty.org, prisonplanet.com, freedomabovefortune, and republicmagazine.com (this week the magazine is trying to get us to contact our Senators as they are trying to TAKE more of our freedom with FISA bill on the floor) tomention just a very few.

Take care and God bless our Land!!!!!!!!!

Gary C

I wish they would do something like that here in Canada. My responses would be...

1) force insurance companies to recognize that a teenager on a 600/1000 cc sports bike is not the same as a 60 yr old on a 1300/1800 cc cruiser. Quit insuring by engine size. It means nothing.

2) There are lots of programs educating drivers on safety and watching for kids, bicyclists, pedestrians etc but nothing about motorcyclists. The most common excuse for hitting a biker is " I didn't see him" That video from England with the basketballs and the dancing bear should be made manditory viewing in schools, driving schools and on TV.