IGNORED

Picked up a back-up bike

WIZ

I had the cam lifter failure on my 2018 Venture back on November 19th. Took it in to the dealer on December 7th for diagnostics. I spoke to my dealer on December 20th and they were writing the estimate for the warranty work and was already at $8,000.00. They have been back and forth with Yamaha trying to get the approval for the work. Yamaha keeps giving them the run around, the dealer thinks that it will eventually will be approved but know idea when.

I already have three trips planned for the year on the bike so I have been looking to see if I can come across a deal to pick-up a back-up bike. I ended up finding a good deal on a 2009 Kawasaki Voyager so I pulled the trigger. Wanted something that was fuel injected so I wouldn't have to worry about the carbs if it didn't get ran a lot. This is the only picture I currently have of the bike so I figure I would at least post one.

Voyager.jpg

• Like 6

I hang out with a Kawasaki Owners Group up here in Northern Indiana.  Been on many Nomads and really liked them, haven't personally been on a Voyager.  The fixed fairing on the chassis has always been a plus in my book and I've debated replacing the Venture with a Voyager in the future.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Be Nice!!

Oh, I was, Ron gets the comment.... Last year at the Georgia Meet, I Tried to keep up with him in the twisties.. ALMOST!!!!  He rides his Venture like it was a sport bike..(even with his wife on the back)...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riderduke said:

Oh, I was, Ron gets the comment.... Last year at the Georgia Meet, I Tried to keep up with him in the twisties.. ALMOST!!!!  He rides his Venture like it was a sport bike..(even with his wife on the back)...  

Normally a Spyder has it on the two wheelers,,, that boy can RIDE!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RDawson said:

Nice. I considered a Voyager while I was looking for my 1st Venture. Sorry to hear about the SVTC.

Just received word from my dealer that Yamaha finally approved the warranty work. Parts were ordered on Wednesday hopefully will have bike back within a few weeks or so. Total rebuild of motor and bearing replacement of the transmission.

• Like 4