IGNORED

Thank you for coming to my Maintenance Day

Freebird

Don, thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful event. I thank you and your lovely wife, Eileen for being such gracious hosts. It was great to finally meet you and a lot of the other members. I have finally met the 2 QUEENS of the chat room, Yama Mama & Mini Muffin. In the chat room, they are two busy bodies, typing up a storm, keepnig the chat room going, but in person, they are two very nice ladies. And Mama gives very nice hugs.

Thank you MuffinMan for carbtuning my bike for me, runs much better now. It is nice to finally put a face to the name on this site.

My riding mates from Ontario, a BIG THANK YOU, you guys are awesome to ride with.

I just hope that next year, BradT puts steel nuts and bolts on his wife's bike's license plate.

A big thanks to all of the Nelson's. Don I really think that you outdid last years. I just wish that you and Brad had more of a chance to sit and chat. I like the idea of knocking off early and enjoying the afternoon with friends and family. It would be great if Don actually got to go on a ride with all of us. :2cents: Nancy and I really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones. We can't wait until next year. A big thank to Eileen and Dylan for everything you do.

No words can discribe what Don and his family and everyone else involved do for all of us Venture Members. Don from me to you and your family Thanks so much for your hospitality. I'm sure the rest of the members feel the same way.

I do have one question though which 2 A$$E$ belong to the monster in the pond?

Joe

Guest Swifty
Year one had 1 pond monster, year two had 2 of them, year three might flood the pond,,,,,,,

...very prophetic words given what I witnessed, and the pic to prove it. This crazy American was walking around the yard with a box yelling, "50/50 TICKETS, GET YOUR 50/50 TICKETS HERE!" Surely, everyone there must have heard him and everyone there must have been hit on several times. However, some were "hit on" more than some others. I actually witnessed such an occurence when the 50/50 guy approaches Squidley (taking a well deserved rest on the further reaches of the lawn). This guy's yelling rant went from "50/50 TICKETS" to "69/31 TICKETS, GET YOUR 69/31 TICKETS HERE!" and immediately gave a demonstration of the winning prize to his sorry victim. Lessons learned...never lie down on the job, watch where your donation money goes at venturerider rallies, and come to MD next year to see if the results will transfer into monster replication.

Wow,

What a great event I missed. I had NO idea!

I plan to be there next year, say when.

I'm really amazed and impressed by the size and apparent organization of this event.

Another idea, in addition to the list of things that need to be done: mini-classes.

Perhaps having a couple sessions on common maintenance issues, that a bunch of folks could attend, observe and learn. Even simple things like, splitting the fairing, checking fluid levels and common problems.

Keep the photos coming......well, you can skip at least half of the pond monster mystery.

:wow:

I agree with everyone else Don, it's you, Eileen and Dylan that deserve all the thanks. Don't trouble yourself for a minute about what may not have gotten done. I didn't hear anyone voice concern over it and quite a bit DID get done. As you said we can work on a bit more organization for next year too if the goal is to increase output. Hopefully a cooler day will encourage more activity too (MAN it was hot).

I'm also glad you were able to spend some quality time with Gary. I had a nice discussion with him as well. It was great to meet in person - what a great guy!

Thank you, Don, Eileen and Dylan, for hosting another fantastic Maintenance Day! You outdid yourselves and catering the lunch was the best idea ever. :thumbsup2:

But, no one can ever cater Lonna's pies! Lonna, that key lime pie was outrageously delicious! Good idea, Cindy! And, thank you for sharing your pie! :cool10:

What fun it is to meet more of our members! We are looking forward to the next MD!

:bighug:

Ride safe,

Bobbie

Like everyone else says here it is us, the attendees, who owe Don & his family all the thanks.

I brought along my son on his Suzuki as well as having a good friend from Pa meet us at Don's. Being as this was the first VentureRider.org for both of them they were quite impressed with the goings on. At any rate they and myself had a great time. My only regrets were not having enough time to meet and chat with everyone. It looks like next year I'll be getting there earlier and staying longer or overnight. There was just so much going on at once it was hard to keep up.

Thanks Don, Eileen, & Dylan :clap2:

Larry

You know how I feel bro, we love you folks and were glad that we came down a day early and were able to spend some time before the masses showed up. It always amazes me the folks that show and the great time that everyone has. Thanks again for your hospitality and we'll come back down and go RIDING this time

:happy34:

Here are some more pics.The pics of the lighthouse are from the shore of Lake Erie.Cupcake was kind enough to take us on a little tour of his old stomping grounds and show us the scene of the crime,I mean the spot of the proposal..:rotf::rotf:

I know your wife made you call me cupcake, but we know who the REAL cupcake is but we won't mention your wifes name....... :stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

Dale

I know your wife made you call me cupcake, but we know who the REAL cupcake is but we won't mention your wifes name....... :stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

Dale

Dale,I am so sorry.She had a big frying pan in her hand and she made me write that.

I'm a yes man,what can I say..........:rotf::rotf:

Okay you guys, Cupcakes are cheaper by the dozen, but Shari is one in a million!

Shari you owe me another story now!

Mama:hurts:

Thanks Peggy! I do owe you a story and will save a good one for the next time we meet. My stories are much better when I can jump up and down and use hand motions. Thanks for all the laughs! I had a blast! A huge thank you to Don, Eileen and Dylan for welcoming us into their home. Eileen, thanks to you too for all the laughs. My cheeks and stomach finally stopped hurting yesterday! One more thank you -- to all the members I have met. You have never made me feel anything but completely welcome and at home. For that I will always be grateful and feel blessed. You are all truly special people.:)

Shari (aka Cupcake per Dan and Dale):rotf:

I'm really sorry we didn't have some time to just sit down and visit Carl. As for next year, forget the trailer and tools. What we REALLY need is for somebody to bring Harpoons. We'll get those pond monsters. :whistling:

I was thinking of a shotgun, with rocksalt loads, that should get their attention............ :stirthepot::080402gudl_prv: