IGNORED

Day 5 of flu impoundment.

Steve S

Hello VR fellows. 

I am being held hostage by the dreaded flu virus and am ready for this to get this over with. It started last Thursday after we got home from mowing my wife's property. It was hot and I felt bad that night, so I stayed in all day Friday. By Fri. afternoon I felt like a semi ran over me 3 times. No signs of infection, so I hung with NyQuill and DayQuill to help with the pain. Just going out in the driveway for about 10 minutes today has told me that I will be in for another or two.  

The bad news is, I have a Trike that has just had the carbs reinstalled, the oil hasn't been changed, or has the engine been run so they can be tuned out. Not to mention that I cannot go riding on the bike or even mow the yard.  This being sick during good weather STINKS!!!

OK, the Gripe Session is over, but I had to tell my story in the feeble hope of getting a little sympathy.  🤣 (Like that will happen with this bunch).

Everyone have a great day riding. 

Steve

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am over the Flu and finally got caught up on my chores that were put aside while I was sick. Yesterday I had a chance to finish the Carburetor job on the Trike and run the engine. I hung a "fuel tank" from the handlebars and fired it up. It ran very well, so I synced the carbs before I out the tank back on. 

I bought a new voltage regulator and it's charging properly now so I'll get a new battery today. Then I can get it cleaned up and back on the road.  The poor thing has not been cleaned since we got back from out west and it is VERY nasty.  

• Like 2