IGNORED

The old and the new.....

Freebird

I told Eileen this morning that this was likely the last bike I would ever buy. I got a look somewhat like this. :Im not listening to

Hi Eileen,,,,, I see you peekin over the Bosses shoulder reading this young lady.... Just wanted you to know not to feel bad about going :Im not listening to when Don said that!! I know I was doing the same thing (and I could actually "feel" 90% of the rest of the club members going like this :Im not listening to too!!) when he wrote that same thing a couple of new bikes ago.... Don't tell Don but, as you know,,, he has a terminal disease called Toxic Newbikeatosis and,, as it sounds by its name,, it is not curable.. The only thing you can do is love him, hold him and be gentle with him and be thankful that his affliction is slightly different than how this dreaded disease has affected some of the club members.. At least in your Hubbies case,, oddly enough he has shown a willingness to sell off prior bikes that also were his "last bikes",, thusly proving that there is always hope,, even in the Bosses case:missingtooth:

Your friend

Puc

I can see a set of highway pegs on the new one already......making it your's! :happy65:

:scared:,,,, and it appears that the lowly 2nd Gen is missing hers!!!!!!!!:scared:

:scratchchin:,,,,, some hanky panky/funny business going on in Don's garage:witch_brew:

By the way @Freebird ,,, before you do ANYTHING with the bars on that gorgeous SVTC.... Maybe ask @VentureFar about his experience with adjusting them... I know when Neil was in the process of accumulating the data/doing his tour on the new one I for his magazine article I was talking to him while he was riding it cross country and I am almost positive that the bike he was riding had developed a ding in the tank due to a bar adjustment attempt.. As I recall,,, he stated that GREAT care needed to be taken when loosing the bars!!!!

Just an FYI my friend..:happy34:

Yes, I've already received that warning. I will be very careful for sure. I have ordered some 2" risers that also pivot to come back. All reports are that cables and etc. work fine. Should be an easy install. Much easier than changing the bars as I did on the Harley and the RSV.

You would think that with my long arms, I buy shirts with 36" sleeves, that I would not need such things but the fact is, I ride with my feet on the highway pegs and leaned back against the backrest and I always need the bars to come back further. The back part of my left shoulder is still hurting from the ride home. Same way on the RSV and the Harley.

Backrest is ordered from Utopia and their ship date is the 10 of this month so I won't have to wait too long. Next on the list is a trailer hitch. I see that Big Bike Parts has one but it's not a receiver type. Still, the price is good. I'll look around but may go with it.

Congrats on the new ride.

I sure needed highway pegs badly on the test bike. Had to turn around and only do 500 miles of my test iron butt 1000 because my body hated not having highway pegs.

Simple to protect the tank!

Lay several inches of beach towel on it before touching the bars at all.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen is really kind of wanting me to keep both of them. I just really don't need them both though. I just got an email from a guy that wants to come look at it tomorrow. Don't know if he is serious about it or not. Either way, I will probably sell it or trade it for something.

Eileen is really kind of wanting me to keep both of them. I just really don't need them both though. I just got an email from a guy that wants to come look at it tomorrow. Don't know if he is serious about it or not. Either way, I will probably sell it or trade it for something.

Your wife sounds a bit like mine! I often smile when I hear of those poor guys who have to "sneak" toys & such into the house or be devious with what they are doing. I guess we are both pretty lucky to have found the ladies we have! :D

I will be sure to do that ASAP. I know she is not going to like the fact that the backrest doesn't wrap around at all. On my RSV and the Harley, I had replaced the passenger backrests with a Mustang (Harley) and a Corbin (RSV) that wrapped around. She liked resting her elbows on the extended "armrests". I will come up with a solution for that as soon as possible. Saw a set of armrests that a guy built and they looked good but haven't seen anything on the market yet.