IGNORED

Looking for another bike

revks

Wowzy,,, hope your ok?? Few stickers and tie wraps and that gorgeous scoot of yours will be good as new and ready for the next adventure!! No sense in starting over = these things are extremely durable IMHO...

REALLY hoping and glad your not injured brother,, way to much of that stuff going around these days!!

Front wheel hit pretty hard; that is what threw me through the windshield. If the insurance wants me to fix it I would probably want to start with replacing forks and triple tree. It felt a little tweaked as I rode it back out of the ditch. Crash bar mounts on the frame are twisted both front and back on the right side. Some indirect damage on the left side. Fluid leaks all over, I think it has amnesia and thinks its a Harley.

I might buy it back but I will be pressing them to give me nothing less than the amount I valued it at when I insured it. Hard to find an 83 standard with only 30,000 miles in excellent condition. Only had 18,000 when I got it in August of 2014. Had always been stored in heated garage when not in use and the PO was the original owner as well as good friend.

Front wheel hit pretty hard; that is what threw me through the windshield. If the insurance wants me to fix it I would probably want to start with replacing forks and triple tree. It felt a little tweaked as I rode it back out of the ditch. Crash bar mounts on the frame are twisted both front and back on the right side. Some indirect damage on the left side. Fluid leaks all over, I think it has amnesia and thinks its a Harley.

I might buy it back but I will be pressing them to give me nothing less than the amount I valued it at when I insured it. Hard to find an 83 standard with only 30,000 miles in excellent condition. Only had 18,000 when I got it in August of 2014. Had always been stored in heated garage when not in use and the PO was the original owner as well as good friend.

Now there is a novel idea that I have never tried with any of my 1st Gens = Full Coverage comprehensive insurance!! I always figured if one of em died of injuries or just gave up the ghost some where along the long road of CTFW I would just give it to an innocent by stander and hitch hike home in search of the next one..

This will REALLY be interesting to see what the insurance company says Rev.. If your so inclined to keep us appraised of their response I would LOVE to hear it...

Either way,, DEFINITELY glad your ok my friend!! Bikes can be (and often are) replaced!

Just got off the phone with the insurance company and they did total the bike given the age and damage.

They will be sending me a check for the $5000 of the agreed value.

It does pay to make sure your insurance covers the replacement value of the bike and not just the market value. That is something you have to discuss with your insurance company before you need to make the claim.

Now just need to convince the misses that I need to use the money to replace the bike, but that is a different story.

Just got off the phone with the insurance company and they did total the bike given the age and damage.

They will be sending me a check for the $5000 of the agreed value.

It does pay to make sure your insurance covers the replacement value of the bike and not just the market value. That is something you have to discuss with your insurance company before you need to make the claim.

Now just need to convince the misses that I need to use the money to replace the bike, but that is a different story.

:scared:,,, :scratchchin:,,, :scared:,,, :think:,,, WOWZY wow wow wow,, I been in the wrong business all these years,, I coulda, shoulda, woulda been farrr better off being a Professional 1st Gen totaler outer :missingtooth::mugshot:

THAT is awesome!! Congrats brother!! :thumbsup:

Puc I wouldn't recommend it as a profession.

20 years ago I wouldn't even have gone to the hospital to get checked out, would have just walked it off and felt good as new the next day.

crashing bikes is a young man's game.

Puc I wouldn't recommend it as a profession.

20 years ago I wouldn't even have gone to the hospital to get checked out, would have just walked it off and felt good as new the next day.

crashing bikes is a young man's game.

You haven't seen what he did to poor tweeks.... Something about thinking she w as a Billy goat and had her standing on her head....

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I've narrowed my search list down for another bike.

First and foremost it needs to be close enough to my location that I can test ride so around 100 miles or so from Eddyville Iowa which is close to Ottumwa Iowa the home of "Radar O'Reilly" from MASH.

Next it needs to be a bike that is quiet and runs smooth. Two cylinders, air cooled and belt or chain drive seems like going from a new 6 series John Deere row crop tractor back to a B.

would like to have a little lower center of gravity than the first gen.

so to keep it simple I have narrowed it down to a bike with either a water cooled v4 1300cc or a water cooled flat 6 in 1500cc or 1800cc.

As of now there is a 1996 Royal Star, 1999 Gold wing SE, and a 1998 Valkyrie that are in my sights to check out once I get the check from the insurance.

Gee that road looks pretty straight to me :think:

What you see in the picture is the dead end where the road used to go. The bike was facing back in the direction I came from.

I was close to the shoulder as I went around a large patch of rough pavement and didn't move back as I crossed a small bridge. A wind gust hit me as I cleared the tree line to the south and by then I was on the shoulder wishing the road still went strait. It is a flat corner as well. crash_site.pdf

Hope this comes through it should help explain.

Deputy was real sympathetic, he said he went of the same corner, but he blamed it on a deer.

What you see in the picture is the dead end where the road used to go. The bike was facing back in the direction I came from.

I was close to the shoulder as I went around a large patch of rough pavement and didn't move back as I crossed a small bridge. A wind gust hit me as I cleared the tree line to the south and by then I was on the shoulder wishing the road still went strait. It is a flat corner as well. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110668

Hope this comes through it should help explain.

Deputy was real sympathetic, he said he went of the same corner, but he blamed it on a deer.

OUCHY OUCH OUCH OUCH,,, BUT,,, looking at that red arrowed picture of the ouch zone it looks to me like not only was the Deputy being sympathetic to ya brother = If I am in tune with what happened here,, you were not very far from the edge of a pretty decent bike eating cliff when ya finally came to a stop!!!:scared:

I have experienced some pretty decent cross winds while out CTFW and can honestly say I actually rather enjoy em most of the time - especially the ones that make Tip, Tweeks and I laugh as we all scream "not even close to those infamous winds of Wyoming" at the top of our lungs BUT,,, in the wrong place at the wrong time like that pic shows and WOWZY,, lets a person know how fast bad things can happen to good people who are just out having fun I tell ya!!