Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a " Br " ( brown) and "B" ( black )

The Br wire goes to the " Sig " fuse

The B wire goest to ground circuit

See page 7 Wireing diagram of service manual

Also, see page 2-21, for component list of the Calif Extra Emission control

components.

OK, thats my 2 Cents worth on this subject.

I have my 89 VR apart for repairs. I have the green plug but different color wires and it is not connected to anything. I have orange/red and black/red. It looks like they go back to the computer right hand plug. According to my manual that should be the California air vent control. I do not have a California model.:080402gudl_prv:

I have my 89 VR apart for repairs. I have the green plug but different color wires and it is not connected to anything. I have orange/red and black/red. It looks like they go back to the computer right hand plug. According to my manual that should be the California air vent control. I do not have a California model.:080402gudl_prv:

WE MIGHT JUST HAVE US A WINNER!

Brad it is an Air vent control valve (california models) connector upper left of main wiring schematic

Jeff

Muffin,

Thanks for the call and it is appearing to be just that, emissions control for California....Thank you to everyone that posted.

OK now you can totally Hijack the thread if it pleases y'all

• 3 years later...

First off HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Found this plug on a tear down and was going to post the question, then found this thread.

So I came up with a new question;

With this being live with ignition can I use this as an alternitave 12v power supply? Or does its power range change while cruising? (something to do with cali emmisions)

thnx for any ideas.

Maybe christmas lights:whistling:

If it is coming out of the computer like was mentioned, I would just leave it alone. While it may have 12V showing on a voltmeter, the computer circuitry may not have the ability to supply any meaningful amps without leaking out some of the magic blue smoke that the computer runs on.

First off HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Found this plug on a tear down and was going to post the question, then found this thread.

So I came up with a new question;

With this being live with ignition can I use this as an alternitave 12v power supply? Or does its power range change while cruising? (something to do with cali emmisions)

thnx for any ideas.

Maybe christmas lights:whistling:

On wiring diagram, this circuit is powered from the signal fuse, which is controlled from the main key switch.

No other components involved with powering this plug.

Signal fuse is a 20 amp circuit.

Gary

I dont usually get stumped on the 1st gen....but I am on this one. This plug was located behind the left side inner/upper faring. It has 2 wires one black and one brown with faint white dash marks....any ideas on what it is

:confused24:

It is the connector for the valve on California bikes.

Brad....Dat plug is fer an optional Alarm System which tells de 1st Gen rider when a piece of tupperware falls off de scoot.:rotf:

Boomer....who sez don't blame me cuz I don't own one of dem fancified warshing machines dat sounds like a constipated Singer sewing maching going down de road....:whistling:

Brad....Dat plug is fer an optional Alarm System which tells de 1st Gen rider when a piece of tupperware falls off de scoot.:rotf:

Boomer....who sez don't blame me cuz I don't own one of dem fancified warshing machines dat sounds like a constipated Singer sewing maching going down de road....:whistling:

The RSV has a similar feature for when the Harley D. lookalike air cooled fins on the heads need cleaned.

Gary ...who says imitation is the sincerest form of I wish I had one of dem.

I dont usually get stumped on the 1st gen....but I am on this one. This plug was located behind the left side inner/upper faring. It has 2 wires one black and one brown with faint white dash marks....any ideas on what it is

:confused24:

After reading ALL of the responses, NOBODY correctly answered the question .... which is .... "any ideas on what it is"

The answer obviously is, it is a GREEN "quick-connect" electrical connector ... :whistling: :rotf: