IGNORED

I'm baaaack.

ReinyRooster

Although I have been lurking on the site regularly since my bypass surgery in October, I have kept a low profile. Been busy working on the recovery so that I will be able to hold the bike up and to ride in the spring. The recovery is going well....made some significant lifestyle changes....reading food labels now and eating much healthier, have a regular exercise program at home on my treadmill and Boxflex and started back to work this week. Have lost about 15-20 lbs so far - didn't own a scale before my surgery so I don't know what I was at before - and feeling better then I have in many years.

This experience has made me really appreciate what medical facilities we have at our disposal, and for me, right here in Kitchener. As I joked, they had me split open like fish and were playing Fussball with my heart. It makes you appreciate everything a little more now.

Looking forward to getting on the bike this spring and hopefully I can put some miles on it this season.

Hope to see many of you then.

:scared::scared:,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW MY FRIEND - SOOOOOO GLAD TO HEAR/READ THIS - CONGRATS ON, WHAT SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCELLENT RECOVERY FROM A TOUGH SITUATION BROTHER!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

All the best in your new "life style" of eating healthy/doing those exercises and Gods Speed as you work toward keeping our one and only "ReinyRooster" on course to be able to share some more time with us, your friends!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Reiny and WELCOME BACK!!:biker:

Puc

I presume you had gastric bypass? If you did, welcome to the club, I did it 2 yrs ago, and there's a lot of schools of thought in the medical community. My doc is strict, no bread, no pasta, no rice, low fat, low carbs, small portions. But other friends with different surgeons have different schools of thoughts, some allow bread and pasta and rice. Let me know when you want to try cauliflower pizza, I have an awesome recipe for it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Good going Bro. having a split open chest is no fun indeed, and then having them play around with the innards is probably not all that comfortable either. Wishing you well on the healing and recovering process. Eat well and keep fit, then we'll see u soon.

Glad your back and doing well with a positive outlook and all. Its astounding what they can do these days. My father had a quadruple bypass performed on him 20 or 25 years ago and the way it improved his quality of life was amazing. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic news Reiny.

I'm glad everything worked out. I know you would of had a lot of pain in your recovery process, I hope that is well behind you.

Great attitude about your food choices and exercise. You must be very excited now for your present and future.

All the best young man.

Edited by dogman
Didn't finish post