IGNORED

Just left the FB group

Bert2006

Well, I signed off from the FB group this morning. :crying: Not much activity on it but the main reason is I got really tired of looking at what is called a ''pond monster'' whenever I visited. :bang head: (I know, I am not in the inner circle and I do not get the joke :confused24:) But, what a gross picture!:shock3:

Yah! You have to be an East Coaster and been to Don's MD to understand Pond Monsters, Bert! The original Pond Monster was member Swifty about 10 years ago in Freebird's pond at Maintenance Day.

Myself I don't find much to do about the FB group myself, most questions that come up could have been answered right here on the site. I usually post a link to the answer here on the site to the FB post...

I actually got on FB accidentally, by what I thought was a filling out a return form I was working on. I only have a couple friends and a bunch that want to be friends, but after all I got hit with from Linda's friends and with her brothers friends, I never responded to any other friends request. I get requests from people that I have no clue who they are, but they are a friend of a friend.

But, I guess I need to go the VentureRider FB page, but I would need some help on getting on there.

Randy

Have never been on FB and more than likely never will be. Listening to other people's (including my Kids) comments, when they go on about something on FB, I have long ago come to the conclusion, it's Just a little tooooo gossipy and open for me. Plus sharing a bit of personal info among a few friends is one thing, but barring ones entire life and soul for the entire world to see is another.

Having said that I do sometimes miss out when they share familly pics of the grand children etc. But then the way I see it if it's important enough to them for me to see the pic's then they will either email or text them too me.

Edited by saddlebum

I am not a fan of FB. It has caused way way to much drama in my little world. So and so dont have me friended so I can see pictures. Or how come so and so dont send me pictures. How come our kids will tell their friends on FB about such and such but not me? My pat answer is I dunno, call them and ask them not me. CRICKETS

I am on Facebook. There are things that I like about it. I have reconnected with some long lost friends from high school and from college. I also go on some political rants there that I don't allow to pollute this site. As for the VentureRider's Facebook page, I have somewhat mixed feelings about it. I seldom post to it except to make some announcement or something but though I am a moderator there, I honestly don't moderate it.

My gut feeling is that it takes away from our site here. For that reason, I sometimes wish that it didn't exist. We have a few that frequent the Facebook page and never come here. We have many here that have never been to the Facebook page. This site is our home and I wish we could just all come together here and not be divided.

I need to clarify one point. When I say that I go on political rants on Facebook, I'm referring to my OWN Facebook page, NOT the VentureRider Facebook page. Our no politics rule should apply regardless of where you are on a VentureRider group.

Have never been on FB and more than likely never will be. Listening to other people's (including my Kids) comments, when they go on about something on FB, I have long ago come to the conclusion, it's Just a little tooooo gossipy and open for me. Plus sharing a bit of personal info among a few friends is one thing, but barring ones entire life and soul for the entire world to see is another.

Having said that I do sometimes miss out when they share familly pics of the grand children etc. But then the way I see it if it's important enough to them for me to see the pic's then they will either email or text them too me.

+1, If I'm going to sit in front of the screen I'll either be here or the Vmax forum stirring up trouble or playing Path of Exile, or Dying light, or Far Cry, or just cranking up some music. As a nearly 50 yo male that is not a social creature I'm not the target demographic for FB. I can, however, spend some time in front of Youtube watching sportbike vs cop videos. I think it really appeals to my defiant side. :checkeredflag:

I often thought about our FB page taking away from our site here too - always enjoyed the "everyone in one spot" aspect of the original VR site here. Personally, I am not able to be online as much as I used to be so, with limited time, it's nice to be able to have all the apples in one basket BUT - my kids hang out on FB and Tippy is able to stalk them there when she needs a mommy feed so I can TOTALLY understand FB's +++++ points to a lot of people.

IMHO, lots and lots of goodness out there in our modern social media day and age!!!

I also go on some political rants

WHAT???? and all this time I thought you were perfect and didn't do that !

I suppose next you'll be telling us you also rant about religion?

geeesh Don ... I dunno if I can still look up to you now....

:stickpoke: :stickpoke::stickpoke:

WHAT???? and all this time I thought you were perfect and didn't do that !

I suppose next you'll be telling us you also rant about religion?

geeesh Don ... I dunno if I can still look up to you now....

:stickpoke: :stickpoke::stickpoke:

LOL...I NEVER said that I wasn't political. I have just always maintained that we are not here to discuss politics and I know for a fact that it causes divides in a membership. I often want to state a political opinion here but I hold myself to adhering to the same rules that I ask of everybody else. It is not only my opinion, this has been put to the vote of the membership at least twice and they overwhelmingly voted to NOT allow such talk here. I'm glad because I've seen the trouble that it almost always causes. My Facebook page is mine to rant as I see fit. :) It is not an extension of this site though several members are Facebook friends. Not all of them agree with my politics either. And, though I don't rant about religion there, I will state my opinion on the matter.

LOL...I NEVER said that I wasn't political. I have just always maintained that we are not here to discuss politics and I know for a fact that it causes divides in a membership. I often want to state a political opinion here but I hold myself to adhering to the same rules that I ask of everybody else. It is not only my opinion, this has been put to the vote of the membership at least twice and they overwhelmingly voted to NOT allow such talk here. I'm glad because I've seen the trouble that it almost always causes. My Facebook page is mine to rant as I see fit. :) It is not an extension of this site though several members are Facebook friends. Not all of them agree with my politics either. And, though I don't rant about religion there, I will state my opinion on the matter.

I think I'll friend you on f/b just so I can read your rants LOL

I think I'll friend you on f/b just so I can read your rants LOL

I was thinking the same thing, But after my Uncle flooding my page with his political Rantings. This has actually been a life long motto of mine to do my darndest to step away from Political or Religous conversations. I just agree to disagree or however that goes. I figure yes the man said tell people about him, but some take it too far. The politics thing it can divide people and for my uncle to say what he said took it too far and told him so. But I do enjoy a good civil political argument and rants. As long as it is not one that just keeps repeating the same agenda.

I'm not on face book myself but I wanted to responded to this thread by saying, when I get a ride together with my riding friends I always remind them that there is to be no "complaining" and no talking "politics". All my friends are of them same opinion about politics but it just seems that it gets everyone so riled up that it makes my blood pressure go up so I make that rule so we can focus on the reason we are here together. That it is for the RIDE, the scenery, the wind in the face and the good times we have as friends. Some times along the way I might have to remind them of the rules. But it's all in good fun and so far we've never had anyone get mad. I feel I have good friends to ride with, just like here on this site there are good friends to bond with even though I may not meet anyone in person it's still home here on this site. Thanks to all that post and bring joy to so many others. And remember we are here for the RIDE.:Venture:

I'm a lot the same. One reason I do facebook is to curse Politicians. And I let them have it!! I started this because I know a magistrate that reads facebook every day and I think he is a piece of garbage so I have fun with it. Retired and nothing to do. Garage is not heated need to work on that. It would keep me out of trouble!!! I think I could get into turning wrenches again if I had a cozy place to do it.

i was thinking the same thing, but after my uncle flooding my page with his political rantings. This has actually been a life long motto of mine to do my darndest to step away from political or religous conversations. I just agree to disagree or however that goes. I figure yes the man said tell people about him, but some take it too far. The politics thing it can divide people and for my uncle to say what he said took it too far and told him so. But i do enjoy a good civil political argument and rants. As long as it is not one that just keeps repeating the same agenda.

1. Never talk about religion or politics with family

2. If we can't be civilized lets agree to disagree

3. You are entitled to your opinion as i am to mine, even though you're wrong.

1. Never talk about religion or politics with family

2. If we can't be civilized lets agree to disagree

3. You are entitled to your opinion as i am to mine, even though you're wrong.

Wasn't trying to mom shared a religious post thing and he went on his rant.... Had nothing to do with politics, but he went that direction.

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.