IGNORED

Just left the FB group

Bert2006

I am on Facebook. There are things that I like about it. I have reconnected with some long lost friends from high school and from college. I also go on some political rants there that I don't allow to pollute this site. As for the VentureRider's Facebook page, I have somewhat mixed feelings about it. I seldom post to it except to make some announcement or something but though I am a moderator there, I honestly don't moderate it.

My gut feeling is that it takes away from our site here. For that reason, I sometimes wish that it didn't exist. We have a few that frequent the Facebook page and never come here. We have many here that have never been to the Facebook page. This site is our home and I wish we could just all come together here and not be divided.

I need to clarify one point. When I say that I go on political rants on Facebook, I'm referring to my OWN Facebook page, NOT the VentureRider Facebook page. Our no politics rule should apply regardless of where you are on a VentureRider group.

You mean Venturerider has a FB page. How come I wasn't told?

You mean Venturerider has a FB page. How come I wasn't told?
Well, not 100% sure on this, but I think the page was started by Prairiehammer a while ago, and he sent us an invitation. If I am right on this then contact him for an invitation, and as long as you are a paid up member you should get an invite...

I left that group awhile ago. I found there were some pretty rude and ignorant people on that page. I don't need that aggravation.

Evidently he found my facebook page :stirthepot:. I just say what I feel if ya don't like it, then unfriend me. Because if I post it there its aimed at anybody that fits the shoe. :duck:Hopefully it don't get kicked off at me!! I have settled way down from what I used to be tho. Partly because I have my older children in my life, the ones views I do not agree with. I am an 80's kid I grew up on bikes, horses, go carts and building forts in the woods. Heard the good book on sundays and we sat at the table as a family for meals. So I am still old fashioned in that since, I don't feel I should have to cater to others just to make them happy. Trying to word this carefully because I am no means trying to offend anyone. Most of you grew up in different times as I, But I mainly learned my beliefs from my Grandpa, and have always seemed to get along better with the older crowds. This younger generation I pretty much :think::think:. Most the time when I try to talk to them I start feeling like I am giving them :backinmyday::backinmyday: speeches. I am only 39.:rotfl:But I enjoy being on this site and a part of this forum.. For one I don't have to deal with them pesky ads, Crap that automatically plays like Yahoo News, makes me just want :smash2:, Top that Most on this site are for the most part Mature Inteligent life forms.:rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf: :stickpoke::yikes:. However it is funny when you do go on one of your rants on facebook on how many will actually comment going Who. You start to wonder if all your friends are Owls.:rotfl:anyways enuff of the rambling, and @Skid now who in there right minds would want to bad mouth elected officials, they might retaliate like maybe poison our drinking water :witch_brew:. Thats my conspiracy and I am sticking to it.

Well, not 100% sure on this, but I think the page was started by Prairiehammer a while ago, and he sent us an invitation. If I am right on this then contact him for an invitation, and as long as you are a paid up member you should get an invite...

Just kidding I don't have the time or the inclination to expose myself to any more drama then is absolutely necessary to deal with.

I didn't start the VentureRider Facebook Group, Monty (Patrick Payton) did. At the time he started it, the Group was "open"; as in open to anyone who wanted to join. Don directed that it become "closed"; as in open only to paid Supporting Members of VentureRider.org.

I am only an admin (along with Don and Eck).

My gut feeling is that it takes away from our site here. For that reason, I sometimes wish that it didn't exist. We have a few that frequent the Facebook page and never come here. We have many here that have never been to the Facebook page. This site is our home and I wish we could just all come together here and not be divided.

For what it's worth, I agree TOTALLY!

I have signed off of the VR, Face book page didn't go on it much at all and like I said this is the place to be and I plan on being on here for a long time yet. This is where I have got to know some great people, some I haven't met face to face and some have got to be great friends and family. And all of the help keeping those Ventures purring down the road it just doesn't get any better.