IGNORED

Roumors again? June 8?

Mike G in SC

I'm with Bongo on this one. I got some news like that last September at Bikes Blues and BBQ from a Yamaha corporate dude. Said they were gonna announce in December last year. I got all excited and got on the forum here and told everyone of my good news. Well, we all know how that went. So, no more believing Yamaha announcement stories for me.

Heard the same BS at the Dallas International Motorcycle Show. I asked and the excuse was, Oh, they held back releasing it so as to tweek some things. Sure, and Yamaha is bringing back a two stroke with a kick starter but 1000cc.

Guest Jamsie

wether or not the bring out a new venture , only time will tell. personally it would be well out of my price range, never had a new bike in 30 years. my car was new when i got it 3 years ago. first time i have had a new car , but it only cost £1 for the raffle ticket :D

The Gold Wing is going hybrid....so think future tech with the guaranteed to be released new Venture touring bike. Yamaha has been playing with 3 cylinder motors and getting some good horsepower out of them. You never know.....

Just not enough bucks to be made in the touring market compared to the sport bike market. Anyway that V4 just lasts too long not enough repeat buyers.

More profit margin in the more expensive bikes, don't need to sell as much volume to make the same profit.

Just not enough bucks to be made in the touring market compared to the sport bike market. Anyway that V4 just lasts too long not enough repeat buyers.:witch_brew:

Yes. That is why Harley, Indian and Victory are doing so poorly. Very wise of Yamaha to flee this market.

Mike

Well I bet if I spent some time on the old inter-web there is still a half a dozen new 2011 Yamaha Ventures tuck away waiting to be sold. So why should Yamaha dump money in a mediocre seller. Just pickup one of these babies for 15 to 16k and ride it for 10 to 15 years.