IGNORED

Alberta needs your prayers

Dale124

Hi all. I'm not too sure if this is making headlines south of the border or not, but we have a devastating wildfire going on right now in northern Alberta. The the city of Fort Mcmurray has been evacuated, and much of it has now been destroyed! This is apparently the largest disaster EVER in Canada. There have been more than 85,000 people evacuated, many of whom will not have a place to go back to when this horrible fire is over. We have had a very hot, dry spring this year, which is, of course, the main reason for how rapidly this has spread. Some of the video coming from evacuees has been shocking to watch. I will try to add a link for this, but if it doesn't work, just google Fort Mcmurray Fire, and see for yourself. I am so proud of how my province has reacted to this issue, with donations and volunteers, as well as communities coming together to help those affected.

We sure could use some Devine intervention.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/americas/fort-mcmurray-fire-canada/

Dale

WOWZY brother,, talk about HORRIBLE!!:95:

My deepest heartfelt condolences, thoughts and Prayers Up go out to all those folks up there - what a terrible situation!! Dale I couldn't get that link to load up here but did find a number of things on Youtube about this catastrophic event.. Hope you dont mind me sticking one of them here in your thread,,, WOW - talk about devastating :95:

Prayers Up for all you folks in Alberta Canada!!

Lord God Almighty, You created all things and hold all things together. You are sovereign and You are in control even when our circumstances and our lives seem out of control. Lord, we pray that Your mercy and Your grace will be poured out in this situation in Alberta, Canada and also in the hearts of those affected by this seemingly hopeless situation. For those that know You, we pray that You will give them the abilities and gifts that they need to help others and to be constant in their faith through this ordeal. We pray that You would draw them closer to You in an intimate way and that they would grow from immaturity to maturity spiritually. And for those that do not know You Lord, we pray that You would reveal Yourself to them in a mighty way and that You would be glorified in it. We know that You can bring much good through that which seems so bad. You are our hope, You are our rest and You are our peace in the eye of the storm. Thank You for allowing this prayer into Your very throne room and thank You for the sacrifice of Your Son and His blood shed for each of us. We pray this according to Your will and for Your glory. Thank You for Your love and Your mercy. In the precious name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Chaplain Dusty

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everybody up in Canada during this devastating time.

I understand what it means to lose everything to fire and I can tell you my heart goes out to everyone up there. Hopefully no lives were lost.

On our local news it looks like some of the 90,000 displaced people will be coming to the Milwaukee Wisconsin area for temp shelter. We have a large shelter that has been used for other natural disaster escapees. As always seems to be the case after disasters, many decide to stay here permanently. For those that end up here, Welcome to Americas DairyLand.

My son and brother in law were working up there when the call to evacuate came, thank God not only did they get out but so did the other 80,000 people. it is going to be a long recovery please continue to pray for the people affected.

Ft Mc.jpg