IGNORED

Wife said sell the bike.

Doug royal86

My wife said sell the bike.

My first thought was "I can't do that!"

But then I reasoned... She had quite a few miles on her and the suspension was starting to sag.

She leaked gas, was getting hard to start in the mornings and that whine just drove me crazy sometimes

But even so, I still enjoyed the occasional ride.

I'm going to miss her.

The divorce becomes final next month

But then I reasoned... She had quite a few miles on her and the suspension was starting to sag.

She leaked gas, was getting hard to start in the mornings and that whine just drove me crazy sometimes

I'm going to miss her.

Mine leaks gas too I mean a lot of gas....... :Im not listening to:big-grin-emoticon:

I'm going to miss her.

Just for the record you cannot write off your divorce as "home improvement".......I already tried!!

First thought was you should sell the wife....... but then I thought what the heck could you get for her?

Good luck

Bubber

I tried to put something in to stop the gas leak, but that did not help performance at all. In fact there was a lot of spit and sputtering.....

WildBill, that may be good advice.

This is a true short story. It is not all motorcycle but still the same idea. I bought a new '73 Corvette when I got out of college. I had to work two jobs to pay for it while I kept my PU for a driver. I later acquired two motorcycles and a boat. Then at age 30 or so I got stupid and married. One motorcycle went to buy her the ring. That was OK. Later the second went because I needed the money to put down on a family car. This did not bother me a lot since I wasn't riding much by then. You know kids and family stuff.

One day the wife, aka future ex wife, came to me and declared that I needed to sell the Corvette so she could buy some stuff. I told her, "The Corvette was here before you and it will be here after you". Well, here it is 2016. I still have the Corvette but that wife is getting old, ugly, and more worthless with out me having to look at her or waste money on her. That problem was solved July 1, 1990. One of the best days of my life even if I did have to raise three girls by myself.

I did remarry. This wife knows the story so she will not tell me to sell any of my toys unless we really are in a tight financial position. If that was the case I would not have to be asked. Of course I will not ask her to either.

My EX wife once said I had to choose between her and my toys, So I went out and bought a new 4x4 Suburban with everything on it........... I chose wisely.

Yep, you did.

Seriously, I have a good second wife who has never tried to change me (at least that i can tell). So many women want to marry a guy but then want to change him. Hell, why did they marry a guy that did not fit their template? I just don't get it.

I know a guy who has animal mounts (he took them all himself) all through his house with a stuffed bear standing by his table. He had this house and mounts before he met his now ex wife. She was constantly *****ing about the mounts and the bear. I agree they might be in excess but that is the way it was when she met him. I asked my wife what she thought. She agreed with me, she knew what she was getting into, no sympathy.

All most 45 years ago I sold a 450 Honda for a down payment on a diamond ring. Looking back I've bought a lot more bikes than diamonds. Things usually work out if you give it a chance.

over those 45 years have you ever thought, man I wish I had that bike back?

Wife said i should sell the venture. So I listed it for $40,000 so any takers let me know. That is my blue book price for a 86 royal.

I have found that over the years, All Wife's say that !!! In fact, mine has been saying for the last few months,

that I should Sell my 99 Busa !! Can you imagine that ????