IGNORED

Got me scratchin,, offered it to me for 17500,,, certainly got my attention!!!

cowpuc

Know the bike WELL, 2012 Limited, 4k miles,,, got all the whistles and bells.. Even has the detachable trunk option... Tweeks is snarling at me... Ohhhhhh the pain of it all!!! Lot of bike for 17500... Lot a money for a motor and two wheels.. Sure would seem weird to ride something so,, so,,,,, well,, so fancy!! :think:,,,, Tip says if we do this we will never hear the end of it from all our friends on VR.. I told her no problem as long as we covered it with stickers as we traveled.. :cool10:

Sure is purdy!! Helped my buddy unload it from his trailer 3 years ago and actually was the first one to take it for a ride back then with zero miles on it - rode it even before my buddy did :witch_brew:.. What a sweet machine!! 27k back then brand new... Wow thats a lot of beans..... Has over 5k of goodies Dave added on to it between then and now... Lots of goodies... :biker: Sure love motorcycles :happy65:,, specially pretty new Harley's :doh:,,, wow what bike!!

Beulah The Buzzer on that one,, dont cha just hate puppy love:big-grin-emoticon:??? Oh well,,,, like Gawildkat always says = 'Tis better to have loved and lost

than never to have loved at all',,,,,:think:,,, wonder if Kat was thinking about men and motorcycles when she penned that:scratchchin:.

Me n Tweeks was sitting in the garage purusing thru Ebay and discovered something - WOW theres a lot of Limiteds for sale and at much better price points.. Tweeks laughed and said now go see if you can even find ONE of me.. She wins :173:,, no new Harley :big-grin-emoticon:

While we were playing around comparing Harley Limited prices the ol girl managed to nudge me over into the tires and battery sections of Ebay and started with the "I want one of these and two of those" routine:Im not listening to.. Typical spoiled ol sticker covered 1st Gen with no second gear and a worn out saddle - some bikes want EVERYTHING!!!!:doh:

Edited by cowpuc

Scott, There may come a day when you have to put Tweeks down, as she is getting a little long in the tooth, and perhaps not in the best of health (don't tell her I said that), and when that day comes, a pretty bike like that sitting in the garage just might pick up your spirits. I like it!

Dale.

Of course you can always find another one cheaper, but you've known the bike since new, and what kind of care it's had. The original owner is taking it in the shorts for over 10 grand plus the add-ons. That's over 3 grand per year. I'd say the bulk of the depreciation has happened, and what you'd be getting is a really nice scoot. I'd look at it hard and long....

Well Puc you know Dale has point about Tweaks getting tired. Like us she's not getting any younger you know. Now as you know I have her sis sitting in the garage and really wanting some road time. Since I've gone to the 3rd wheel and have pretty much decided to give up two wheeling she could really welcome a new owner. Someone to stretch her legs.

Larry

A co-worker once wanted to buy a new car really bad. He had the fever! But he needed to get his wife on board with the decision. When he talked to her and told her how bad he wanted to buy a new car, she said, "The new car fever will pass in a couple of weeks!" That was not what he wanted to hear but he didn't buy and a couple of weeks later she was correct.

And on the other hand, a couple thousand spent on Tweeks at the beauty parlor, ride another few hundred thousand miles, build even more memories with the inimitable FIRST GEN, get a few more stickers....... Oh heck, buy the Harley, but keep Tweeks ready to go because you know how those Harleys are!! :stirthepot:

It just wouldn't be fair to start on you and protect Tweeks until you actually pulled the trigger,,, but IF you were to pull the trigger I'll be taking the bets and holding them. Maybe ask some former Harley Riders for advice first.

Scott, There may come a day when you have to put Tweeks down, as she is getting a little long in the tooth, and perhaps not in the best of health (don't tell her I said that), and when that day comes, a pretty bike like that sitting in the garage just might pick up your spirits. I like it!

Dale.

I hear that brother,, I HEAR that!!:95::95::95::95:

Well Puc you know Dale has point about Tweaks getting tired. Like us she's not getting any younger you know. Now as you know I have her sis sitting in the garage and really wanting some road time. Since I've gone to the 3rd wheel and have pretty much decided to give up two wheeling she could really welcome a new owner. Someone to stretch her legs.

Larry

Hey Larry,, does Tweeks sister still have 2nd gear in her?

Yah!! New car fever may pass, but the payments won't for a looooong loooooong time...

Got that right Bongo!!! One of the things I ALWAYS loved about riding a beater is if something happens and the bike and I had to part company out in the middle of nowhere I could come back on here and laugh about it with the rest of my buddies... Pretty hard to laugh about something like that if your gonna be paying for it like FOREVER:missingtooth:

I guess I'm the first one here so I'll go ahead and say it.

Harley = no helmet :bang head:

You are probably our most notable and verbal representative of bike riding but ?

nice bike, you shoud go ahead and bite the bullet, put in in the garage

WOW !! 126 views and nobody wants to ruffle feathers - just stick a fork in me, 'cause I'm done

Nary a feather ruffled on my end Birdy:big-grin-emoticon:... Brother I hope and pray your wrong about any kind of influence me not wearing a lid (had nothing to do with riding that GORGEOUS Harley - its a flaw in MY character - had nothing to do with the HD) has on ANYBODY else if that is where you were coming from - THAT could be VERY dangerous - I always say, "Ride your ride" and choosing whether to wear a lid or not is part of that simple statement IMHO..:thumbsup:

I'll bring the first sticker and paste it on :thumbsup2:

Queen Tip deserves a nice throne to sit upon

IT'S ONLY :mo money::mo money::mo money:

:scared::lightbulb:,, been needing a new mailbox,,, Tweeks would make an AWESOME one!! Just park her out by the road, put some FINAL stickers that show 2780 (our house number) across the back of her trunk and leave it unlocked for the mailman!! Your new sticker offer inspired me Ragster - ROCK N ROLL Raggy - YOU DA MAN!!! :thumbsup:

Hey Larry,, does Tweeks sister still have 2nd gear in her?

2nd gear problem was taken care of long ago. You'll be able to do wheelies hitting the 2nd gear bro. :banana: 70k something on the odometer. I've got the original shop manual that the previous owners documented all repairs and add ons. She's a standard so no class to mess with . More info send a pm or e-mail.

Edited by Carbon_One

Hey puc - A couple days ago I went to Barnes & Noble and bought the newest edition of the Websters Collegiate dictionary and the first thing I looked up was VentureRider Ambassador and there was a picture of you - :confused24:

i did find it interesting that I was the only one that noticed anything in your video

i did find it interesting that I was the only one that noticed anything in your video

It's been posted before and there were comments about riding with one good hand that was holding a camera! I'm sure Puc can ride better with one hand than I can with both!

Hey puc - A couple days ago I went to Barnes & Noble and bought the newest edition of the Websters Collegiate dictionary and the first thing I looked up was VentureRider Ambassador and there was a picture of you - :confused24:

:scratchchin:,,, thinking you didn't read the full text on that page in your Websters and got taken in by the handsome, debonaire, yet rugged biker look of a glowing picture of yours truly Birdy.. If you go back and check you will notice that the pic is actually a mug shot with the caption "3rd place for longest served VR probationary period".. I heard the 1st and 2nd place holders of that infamous standing broke the camera and thats the only reason my pic is the only pic on that page of your Websters..

It's been posted before and there were comments about riding with one good hand that was holding a camera! I'm sure Puc can ride better with one hand than I can with both!

:think:,,, Just an FYI Sky,,,those pretty little stickers, tie wraps, patches of duct tape, smudges of superglue and 4 pounds of brazing rod you see covering Tweeks are not all just for looks ya know:detective::big-grin-emoticon:

Gee Puc, it sure is sounding like you are ready to put ol Tweeks out to pasture. :95:

As mentioned, you could pump a couple grand into Tweeks and make her like new again and still keep her character intact. be a whole lot more cost effective for you and a LOT less humiliating for Ol Tweeks than to turn your beloved steed into a mail box. OH the humanity..........