IGNORED

OCC up for auction

steamer

Thinking the Chopper market is about dead and that is probably part of OCC's demise,, was a lot of fun though:bikersmilie:!! :think: Wonder if there are any of the cooky cutter chop companies still in business,, havent heard much about Big Dog, Bourget and the like for a while now..

If they actually ran the business like what was shown on TV, I would be surprised that they lasted as long as they did.

Along the same lines of thought, Buell Motorcycles was just bought at a court auction by someone near Grand Rapids MI. Is there something that ol @cowpuc aint tellin us?

If they actually ran the business like what was shown on TV, I would be surprised that they lasted as long as they did.

Along the same lines of thought, Buell Motorcycles was just bought at a court auction by someone near Grand Rapids MI. Is there something that ol @cowpuc aint tellin us?

Not me brother,, I am as pure as the driven snow:biker:!! Hadn't heard that,, I do know that I recently noticed a 2014 EBR (Eric Buell Racing) RX that a guy was trying to get rid of.. Way cool 1200cc scoot that is suppose to put out 185 horse at the crank STOCK - how on earth they see those kinda numbers out of a V-Twin is beyond me...

Anyway,, he was only asking 5k for it,,, maybe what you are saying is part of the reason why:doh:....

Hopefully who ever bought Buell does something with it - be great to have a production motorcycle plant in my backyard like you get to have!! Maybe create a 1700cc V-4 powered first class touring bike seems how Mother Yamaha dont wanna do it :big-grin-emoticon:

The craftsmanship of the bikes was interesting. Some of the design thoughts etc. But the actual bikes? Worthless unless you wanted to make a coffee table or ride the 2 blocks to the local watering hole. A little inside info on those types of shows, gas monkey , those types is they are somewhat subsidized buy the TV show. I also think they over estimated their market/growth. Maybe if they would have started doing some custom baggers instead of just the bar hoppers......... But like a lot of shows I think it just ran its course.

I would much rather them have renewed "Whats in the Barn.

You are correct....a guy I know here (Bill Melvin) owns a liquidation firm with his dad and normally they buy up assets of failed businesses and sell at reduced cost. In this case, apparently they intend to run the company in some form. :happy34:

As to OCC, any business with Paul Sr. running it would have a problem.

Not me brother,, I am as pure as the driven snow:biker:!! Hadn't heard that,, I do know that I recently noticed a 2014 EBR (Eric Buell Racing) RX that a guy was trying to get rid of.. Way cool 1200cc scoot that is suppose to put out 185 horse at the crank STOCK - how on earth they see those kinda numbers out of a V-Twin is beyond me...

Anyway,, he was only asking 5k for it,,, maybe what you are saying is part of the reason why:doh:....

Hopefully who ever bought Buell does something with it - be great to have a production motorcycle plant in my backyard like you get to have!! Maybe create a 1700cc V-4 powered first class touring bike seems how Mother Yamaha dont wanna do it :big-grin-emoticon:

Sorry Puc, But the rumor is that the plant will stay right where it is, It would cost a ton to move it and then try to train a new workforce.

So we will still have 2 MC manufacturers over here and you just get the owner of one of them.

But things are always subject to change.

With Honda coming out with the Sabre (?), their version of the chopper, and Yamaha coming out with the striker. People can get good, name brand choppers for a lot less money and get more of a bike with it. Its unfortunate seeing a small private owned company go out of business, but hey, that's capitalism!

I just read in today's paper that Buell racing will be restarting production sometime in March of this year. There will be production Buells out by April. The factory will be cranking out replacement parts to fill all back orders for everyone that has needed parts in the years that they were down.

Sorry @cowpuc, the Factory is staying here.