IGNORED

With over 12,000 members Get your Butts in gear !!!!

Brake Pad

OK I'm just gonna put this out here, we have over 12,000 members on the board don't we?. I just can't figure out why we only have 139 votes for the next International Rally for 2016. Don't you people actually get on your motorcycles and ride them. I find that the greatest pleasure of this motorcycle group is actually going to meet the people at meet and greets international rallies or just the place asleep as I'm on the road . So what's your excuse for not coming to these rallies? I just don't understand why you sit at your computer and Live your life precariously through the travels of someone else. If you can't ride your bike to an event get in your car show up. be part of the community come out meet new friends (A Face to a Name ). Enjoy traveling with your fellow riders see sites that you've never seen before enjoy the beautiful country of Canada for me here in the United States .

Get off your ares and BE a follow member

Offer a meet and greet in your area

Set up a weekend camping trip

Get involved

Okay in done

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do the best I can I do go to the rootbeer runs.

but my health makes it hard to travel down the highways on the Honda 750 shadow ace.

most of if not all of you have bigger bikes and I just cant keep up with all that horse power.

but I see where your coming from

Personally I don't like to ride the highway my friend Karen Solis who is on this site Rides a shadow 750 and I prefer to ride along at 55-60 then be on any highway. No ride to Galena Illinois two years ago we did nothing but side roads and made it up there in 4.5 days

Personally I don't like to ride the highway my friend Karen Solis who is on this site Rides a shadow 750 and I prefer to ride along at 55-60 then be on any highway. No ride to Galena Illinois two years ago we did nothing but side roads and made it up there in 4.5 days

My wife hates the interstates so we usually take the U.S. or state highways, and we usually travel with others for safety in numbers thinkin.

Besides, we ride to enjoy the trip so why get into a big hurry?

Only joined this site last year but we're looking forward to next years rally!

Edited by H2O

I ride 110 miles a day going round trip to work, so I'm not always looking forward to riding on the weekends. I do take on some of the closer meets, but my wife doesn't ride anymore, so I don't like to take too many solo trips. We may find a way to get to more gatherings in the future.

I would love to come to a rally. I haven't made a long trip with my wife who is older than I am, so I've been doing short trips with her to break her in (so to speak). She had never been on a bike until I bought my 83'. Both our schedules are very full at present, but you never know. I've been considering the one that might happen in Gulf Port, I believe it is.

Chaplain Dusty :scratchchin: :biker:

OK I'm just gonna put this out here, we have over 12,000 members on the board don't we?. I just can't figure out why we only have 139 votes for the next International Rally for 2016. ....

12,000 members include all current and past members, non-paying members, etc.... Actual paid up membership at this moment is 1,090. 139 votes is 13% of members.

Well I kind of abstained my vote. I just started back to work after being basically laid off. (downsizing) I am at a local college so other than a couple breaks wont have any time off. Only a part time position so no bennies.

Really,

Actual paid up membership at this moment is 1,090. 139 votes is 13% of members.

Geez we need to do some major Home redecoration in here, get rid of all the old clothes. Know I see why on 60 to 75 people come to the outings. its normally 8 to 11% are the hard core members.

Our Star Chapter from FT Lauderdale had over 210 members, the largest in the state. 11 Star Badge Members ( me included) Police, fire, rescue, Doctors,

In 2012 the new pres. was voted in. the club soon dropped to 6 riders. ( all us old Officers) walked away. it had become a job, and no fun.

Well people have different motivation when joining. Cant speak for others but for me it was to obtain and sometimes provide advice on how to maintain my RSV. Do admit that i get more advice than i give, but i am learning. As far as events go, being in NB Canada those events are not alway's accessible to me due to distance and time off work available. Some day i may be able to make it i hope!:group cheers:

I know several folks join just for the technical knowledge and do not socialize very much, they pay their 12 bucks a year to use the site and I am fine with that. I did vote and I wish I could get to more events, I usually hit MD and at least two others a year, don't have the time and finances to do much more.

OK I'm just gonna put this out here, we have over 12,000 members on the board don't we?. I just can't figure out why we only have 139 votes for the next International Rally for 2016. Don't you people actually get on your motorcycles and ride them. I find that the greatest pleasure of this motorcycle group is actually going to meet the people at meet and greets international rallies or just the place asleep as I'm on the road . So what's your excuse for not coming to these rallies? I just don't understand why you sit at your computer and Live your life precariously through the travels of someone else. If you can't ride your bike to an event get in your car show up. be part of the community come out meet new friends (A Face to a Name ). Enjoy traveling with your fellow riders see sites that you've never seen before enjoy the beautiful country of Canada for me here in the United States .

Get off your ares and BE a follow member

Offer a meet and greet in your area

Set up a weekend camping trip

Get involved

Okay in done

But,, on the other hand,, I actually admire those who can find happiness in living vircariously thru others experiences - LOTS of reason's for someone being in the set of shoes for that to be necessary.

That said,, if you happen to be one of those types of folks - you could take a peek at the "Polls" ( found here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?108934-Internatonal-Rally-Location-Time-to-VOTE ) - pick an area that sounds like something you might wanna even just read about in your vircariousness - then vote on that area..

Gotta remember that this particular election selection is open to all members - riders/drivers/walkers and house bound alike.. Unless I am misreading something, it's not a sign up sheet for attendance to the IR, it's more of testing of the water's of interest (someone feel free to correct me if I am way off base here), a sort of :witch_brew:... Bottom line, just cause your not able to ride, or even get out of the house for matter, doesnt mean that your vote doesnt matter - your thoughts and opinions count too.. :sun:

Most of the members seem to be eastern or southern USA. I don't know the areas they propose so I leave it to those who do know to decide. I live on an island off the west coast of Canada and it is near impossible to travel to the proposed sites. I have twice been to the meets in Nelson BC, one in Cody Wyoming and was planning on being at Yreka California until my accident. I much appreciate the effort put forward by organizers of these events and think they do a great job.

Some guys are not physically able to attend meets.

Some guys are not mentally able to attend meets.

It is what it is.

I don't see these forum members having any less value than those that attend.

I enjoy reading and sharing tech info.

I enjoy riding solitary. It is my quiet time. It forces my mind to be focused. It quiets my soul and my mind. It pushes out the memories and unpleasant thoughts that live in my unconsciousness. It quiets the demons that chase me every day.

I also prefer to head out into my quiet and safe garage and spin wrenches than go to a rally where there's noise, crowds and just generally a bad scene for me and my "issues".

That's my "excuse".

I, like many others, enjoy motorcycling for different reasons. Nothing wrong with that at all. Freedom to experience as you want is what makes motorcycling enjoyable. Start throwing conformity and everyone doing the same thing and you might as well just sell the bike and get into the car.....

Edited by Great White

This last year has been incredibly slow for Florida meet and greets. Year before it was rocking as we saw 8-14 people every 8-12 weeks. I miss that. Been too damn hot this summer. As the weather cools, I'd like to see that back up and running. Mike, I put it out there last month or so and it just fell flat. I cant nor won't make people go. My life is just as busy with 2 jobs, college classes and kids, so I get it. But hey, it would be nice if more people took an interest just in the local M and E and then build the camaraderie to go as a group to IR or other events...

as for the IR, I believe it has to do with distance, availability and cash. Some people don't have any one or combo of that. And I have to be fair to my family if they want to do something with me. My kids spend half the summers with their dead beat dad so that leaves limited time. And, takes time and money to get a hotel, set up shop participate for a week. All that said, I enjoy your enthusiasm but each player on the forum has their own reasons. However, I would agree with Mike about if you have the means, please make a concerted effort. I've been to 1 Vogel, 1 IR and one B2Mom BBQ in last 2 years, all away from my family and home state. They are fun, reasonably organized and the people are always a hoot. ( see any meeting in person with cowpuc). PS.... You can bring your family to these events if possible

May I quote this giving you all credit? Just deep on so many levels and I can relate.

Some guys are not physically able to attend meets.

Some guys are not mentally able to attend meets.

It is what it is.

I don't see these forum members having any less value than those that attend.

I enjoy reading and sharing tech info.

I enjoy riding solitary. It is my quiet time. It forces my mind to be focused. It quiets my soul and my mind. It pushes out the memories and unpleasant thoughts that live in my unconsciousness. It quiets the demons that chase me every day.

I also prefer to head out into my quiet and safe garage and spin wrenches than go to a rally where there's noise, crowds and just generally a bad scene for me and my "issues".

That's my "excuse".

I, like many others, enjoy motorcycling for different reasons. Nothing wrong with that at all. Freedom to experience as you want is what makes motorcycling enjoyable. Start throwing conformity and everyone doing the same thing and you might as well just sell the bike and get into the car.....

Most of the members seem to be eastern or southern USA. I don't know the areas they propose so I leave it to those who do know to decide. I live on an island off the west coast of Canada and it is near impossible to travel to the proposed sites. I have twice been to the meets in Nelson BC, one in Cody Wyoming and was planning on being at Yreka California until my accident. I much appreciate the effort put forward by organizers of these events and think they do a great job.
You forgot about attending at The Dalles meet. Anyway, what you said pretty much goes for me too.

I really wanted to go to Yreka this year but accidentally found out I was poverty struck so sadly could not make it. Topping that off, with the current state of the Loony it's unlikely I will be crossing the border any time soon.

There is not much point voting for an area when there is no hope of attending. That should be left up to those who might be able to do so. :starz:

When I'm not at work I'm not bringing in any $$ and with my wife in university we need all the $$ we can get. I just have to keep the wolves at bay for another 2 years then she graduates; then our lives can return to something like normal.

When she started school I had a great paying job - got downsized, career went sideways, re-invented myself with a new career that is always in demand. It pays less per hour but I can and usually do work tons of hours. When I do find a few days off I usually putter around the house or spend the time with family.

I DID vote.

I voted based on what I know for next yr. Mike and I will probably have to stay semilocal for the next yr in our travels. With his Dad's mental and physical health in decline, I don't want to be so far from home that we are more than a day's drive from home if we can help it. That said we will try to make maintainance day and IR if it's a reasonable trip. That said I wouldn't want anyone to try to swing the vote to attempt to make the IR regionally closer to us. There will (hopefully) be other rallies we can do in the future if next yr doesn't work out.