IGNORED

My daughter crashed her bike

ragtop69gs

115 MPH into a curve the front end washed out on the tar snakes. She slid and tumbled with the bike in hot pursuit! Luckily i5 stopped before it caught her. The Bike sustained some road rash and broken bits & pieces. She is ok, small bruise on her elbow, a little sore on the ribs and neck. She was most pissed about scratching her 1000$ helmet

PRAYERS (OF HEALING) UP AND BLESSINGS DOWN (OBVIOUSLY ALREADY IN ACTION!!) RAGGY!! Please tell that youngen of yours that ol Puc and young Tippy are SOOOOO glad she is ok!! Those tar snakes are nothing to fool with, sometimes they just seem to reach out and nip ya!!

Hey Sarah,, if/when you decide to either piece that puppy back together or start looking for another scoot PLEASE let me know as I will keep a weathered eye out for whatever you need!! THANKS FOR BEING OK SARAH!!:thumbsup:

I'll also be "that guy" and ask the question; Why was she doing 115 Mph?

Perhaps,, just maybe, a quick view of this short vid will help answer that GW.. :big-grin-emoticon:

Given the scenario you've described, I'm thinking she should be grateful she go off as easy as she did.

115 Mph get off is no joke.

I'll also be "that guy" and ask the question; Why was she doing 115 Mph?

Closed course sportbike track, just a good thing she has all the right gear :happy34: She tops 145 mph all the time on the straights. She was accellerating out of a turn when the front tire slipped out on a sealer stripe. She just left here and is just a little sore. :big-grin-emoticon:

Closed course sportbike track, just a good thing she has all the right gear :happy34: She tops 145 mph all the time on the straights. She was accellerating out of a turn when the front tire slipped out on a sealer stripe. She just left here and is just a little sore. :big-grin-emoticon:

Ah, gotcha.

That's a much better picture than it happening on the street.

I heartily endorse running as fast as you want on a closed road course.

As long as you're willing to "pay to play".

I've had many a long slide on my butt when I was younger, cheerfully inventing new curse words and contemplating exactly what I did wrong on that last corner.

I'll take a low side over a high side any day!

:)

Edited by Great White

It's an expensive hobby, $300 for a 2 day pass, plus everything else. She was wearing one of those fancy graphics Arai helmets and put a few nice scrapes on the back of it. Better than scalp and brain bone! The bike is strictly a track bike. they will have it fixed by next track day.

It's an expensive hobby, $300 for a 2 day pass, plus everything else. She was wearing one of those fancy graphics Arai helmets and put a few nice scrapes on the back of it. Better than scalp and brain bone! The bike is strictly a track bike. they will have it fixed by next track day.

I've never spent more on my race helmets than was necessary when i used to race. I'd by good quality stuff, I just wouldn't go fancy and pay more for gucci paint.

Heck, I'd have bought them in plain primer if it would have been available and made them cheaper.

Reason I didn't put big money into shiny helmet finishes was that I knew I was going to eventually go down in it. It was just going to happen sooner or later.

I was of a mind that if it even got a scratch in it during a get off I'd be replacing it. Not worth risking compressed foam inside. Compromises the energy absobtion qualities. And given my particular riding prowess (or lack thereof) I knew I would need all the energy absobing I could get!

:)

Stickers were my helmet paint job of choice.....I was particularly found of pj1, agv and any other brand Roberts had painted on his helmet.

Made me feel like i was King Kenny.

Didn't make me any faster and didn't make me better, but I sure felt cool!

Probably intimidated my competion some too!

:big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by Great White

I've never spent more on my race helmets than was necessary when i used to race. I'd by good quality stuff, I just wouldn't go fancy and pay more for gucci paint.

:scratchchin: Yeah but we're talking about the princess here , gotta look good doing it ! She's just 24, she'll get it sooner or later . This was her first time down at speed, doesn't seem to have dampened her enthusiasm any, they're already working on getting the bike patched up. What scared her most was sliding down the track on her butt, watching all the other bikes coming at her :bikersmilie: :yikes: :yikes::yikes::yikes:

:scratchchin: Yeah but we're talking about the princess here , gotta look good doing it ! She's just 24, she'll get it sooner or later . This was her first time down at speed, doesn't seem to have dampened her enthusiasm any, they're already working on getting the bike patched up. What scared her most was sliding down the track on her butt, watching all the other bikes coming at her :bikersmilie: :yikes: :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Lol! So true. My daughter is only 12 and the same way.....:rolleyes:

...Stickers were my helmet paint job of choice.....

I seem to remember some time back being told NOT to put stickers on a helmet because it changes the energy dissipation. Not sure if that was an old wives tale or not.

Another thing with helmets...you see people sticking camera mounts on them. Anyone familiar with F1 racing and Michael Schumacher knows that an impact against a mount will concentrate the energy in one area that won't be dissipated by the foam liner. Schumacher had severe brain injury and is still rehabilitating after falling while skiing and hitting the camera mount that was on his helmet against a rock. He wasn't even going fast. He'll never fully recover from what sounded like a simple accident.

I seem to remember some time back being told NOT to put stickers on a helmet because it changes the energy dissipation. Not sure if that was an old wives tale or not.

Another thing with helmets...you see people sticking camera mounts on them. Anyone familiar with F1 racing and Michael Schumacher knows that an impact against a mount will concentrate the energy in one area that won't be dissipated by the foam liner. Schumacher had severe brain injury and is still rehabilitating after falling while skiing and hitting the camera mount that was on his helmet against a rock. He wasn't even going fast. He'll never fully recover from what sounded like a simple accident.

Great point about helmet mounted cameras, never thought about that!

Just another day at work for her then? Glad she is going to be ok.

Found what the concern was with stickers on helmets... adhesive on stickers would damage the structural integrity of a helmet shell. The adhesive can react with the material of the helmet and produce a weak spot in the shell. This would change the way the energy from a helmet hitting would dissipate.

Same applies to painting helmets. Wrong type of paint (or solvent) can cause issues depending on what the shell is made of. Manufacturer info included with a new helmet may have warnings.

Got this from the Internet. The Internet never lies.

Thanks for referencing Schumi. I'm a fellow F1 fan and the incident with him is still a hard pill to swallow. Hardest since Senna, but that doesn't relate here.

Bob