IGNORED

The future of VentureRider.org

Freebird

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop panicking and relax and enjoy the site and the people on it. I mean, do we ALWAYS talk with out nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles etc who live elsewhere? Not always but when we do see them it feels great. That how I feel when I meet you VR members. I feel great and blessed to have the site.

THAT is was sooooo well put Barry, I COMMEND YOU!! Matter of fact,, I have no doubt that Freebird echoed something similar to that to the person he was sharing with initially,, take a chill pill man - aint nothing goin down :Laugh:..

I am very much like 99.99999 percent of you other lop eared varmints who make up our VR family, cant get enough of this wonderful stuff.. I studied group dynamics in College and the things the can cause group cohesiviness and groups to break up have been played out on VR many times.. I have always stood in amazement at how, for some fantastic (almost divine) reason - our family just keeps keeping on and, even though we do have our spats - we never run out of glue!! Personally, I am probably crazy enough that even if I came on here and just talked to myself I would do so,, DO NOT GET THAT WRONG, I LOVE YOU GUYS/GIRLS LIKE MY FAMILY but, like Barry said - I am content and happy with the ebbs and flows of our site and if anything ever happen to it,, why I would get a poochy lip and feel like Puff in that Puff the Magic Dragon Song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC2tlNmz4ao

1st off let me say that yes I can see some like myself posting less. Not because we are any less interested or Loyal to VR but because after being a member for and posting for almost 9 years I just do not have a lot to add to the majority of posts without repeating myself or remaking comments that have already been made. With the abundance of tech advice already on the site there is very little to add as well, other than to redirect a new comer as to were to find what they are looking for. I do however still jump on to see whats happening and to maintain friendships already acquired through this site and hopefully continue to make new friends.

Its great that we have a site that is so full of tech advise that no matter what the issue the answer can almost always be found whether it be in the read only tech section or whether it be through advice given on the open forums. The tech info was the initial reason I joined this site but as time went on I gained and made some really wonderful friends. Even my wife who does not easily except most of the people I sometimes make friends with really enjoys those I have made friends with on this site.

Another thing I really love about this site and its members, unlike a lot of other motorcycle sites, is that we are not so motorcycle indoctrinated that we feel we have to act like a bunch of one percent-er wanna Be's, but continue to be a regular bunch of fun loving family oriented CRAZY WONDERFUL people who enjoy each others company as well as riding and still maintain a PG environment. I enjoy our group gatherings, rallies and meet and greats. I enjoy the fact that members can count on other members for help in so many ways. I enjoy the fact that when members are on a road trip they can look forward to be welcomed by other members when in their area.

In my opinion although this site started out as a site for the venture MC, and despite the fact that we now have many members that ride a brand other than the venture but yet still remain members says it all. Because at the end of the day regardless of brand, we all still love to VENTURE out on our motorcycles and so in that sense we are all still, VENTURE RIDER'S.

I have noticed that some of the "old timers" don't seem to be as regular any more. Might be their age... they still have Ventures...but ones that used to post a lot don't seem to as much as they used to. Might be a "changing of the guard". And yes, some people have sold their Ventures and the majority have stayed as members.

Heyyyy WHO you callin'n old.:backinmyday:

Without this site Alan and I would not have travelled to the U.S.A in 2011, 2013, and again this year!!

We would not have found and met so many wonderful friends

I too, ride a Harley [trike] and still love to come in here and say G'Day

I have to agree, though I have not traveled as far from home as those like Aussie Anne and Quick Step and even our frosty friend from Iceland affectionately known to us all as StarFan. I would never have had the pleasure of meeting them and many others closer to home had it not been for VR. Nor would I have traveled and triped to some of the places I had the pleasure of going to as a result of Rallies and meet and greets.

I'm just surprised the government hasn't already shut it down, with all the whackos & nutjobs in here.:bang head: Maybe they're using it for another social experiment.:stickpoke:
Not possible, they would have to see us as something different from themselves in order to refer to us as such. But when they compare us to what they see in the mirror every morning they only see us as perfectly normal.:banana:

Just today, I had another reason to keep the site going. In the shop manual it says to remove a lot of stuff to replace the clutch slave cylinder. Well, I found out from this site that it can be done by removing only the cover that is covering the slave cylinder. Today I did it!! It was a little tough but the job was completed successfully in about 2 hours. Where else am I going to get tips like this??????
Says it all and then some. Edited by saddlebum

I'm still somewhat of a new guy to VR.org but have enjoyed the group discussions, tech data, and all the jabs and back jabs as much as anyone else.

Don, you have done a great job orchestrating the masses and I thank You.

Besides, from what I have heard not all VR members currently own a Venture :) so I see no issue with just continuing this as is, a great place to meet great people, Oh Yea, and to talk about motorcycles and such.

I have faith that a new Venture will someday be unveiled so the fun will continue.

Thanks Again Don.

All those commenting before have expressed many of my feelings. There is no greater value I find for the right to be called a supporting member. Thanks so much for keeping this forum afloat. It truly is more than an association- when a member may be down - so many of us are there to give a hand up. I am truly blessed & proud to be a member. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this site to thank for me finding a new best friend that only lived 30 miles from me. We talk daily. Ride often. We have met many members in person. Attended maintenance days 1200 miles from home. Holding our 2nd annual maintenance day here in our region in a few weeks. I owe all if this to this wonderful site and it's members.

This site is different, and always has been. I have been on the site for 10 years, and helped Don moderate it for just about all of the time I've been here. In the beginning we jammed information into it, this is why we have the best technical forum of any Royal Star/Venture site.

The reason it is the way it is, was because of a promise we made to each other when this 1st started, not to get political, or religious discussions. Too many thing get lost in translation on the web. Many of us have traveled far and wide to meet members and share time. We break bread, share parts of our lives, and genuinely appreciate all that folks have to offer. Some of our old timers (insert me) have answered lots of questions. I don't get on as much as I used to, life has handed me different priorities. I do read a lot of posts and if I see that the same information is being given as I would comment, I just leave it go.

I still love this place, I suppose I always will, I have made lifelong friends here, and for that I am grateful. The adage of I have never met a stranger here, holds true. I open my home up to everyone here, because it feels right to me.

Don, your one of my best friends, and even though we don't get to share the time I wish we did, you have done an unbelievable job with this place. I am very fortunate to have you as a mentor, I can't think of nobody that I trust more, or would follow into hell. Thank you for staying true to all of us my friend.

As long as there are motorcycles I expect this site to be here. I hope...

Ditto,, except for I gotta add "as long as there are motorcycles, ice cream and fried chicken" :178::witch_brew::stickpoke::crackup:and people like Skidder and his side kick YammerDan to pick on and folks like Squid and BikerJohn to rescue me,, and Lewis to take my money and give it to kids at ST Judes,, and people like Condor and Easy Rider to baby sit my girls in California,, and T.J. to bring his new Honda over for me to gawk at when I dont feel good, and CMCoffey to help me find MT ST Helens and and and and...

Wonder what an overdose of Prednizone does to ya:rotfl:

All those commenting before have expressed many of my feelings. There is no greater value I find for the right to be called a supporting member. Thanks so much for keeping this forum afloat. It truly is more than an association- when a member may be down - so many of us are there to give a hand up. I am truly blessed & proud to be a member. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWESOME!! WELL PUT!! :thumbsup: I can tell,, you aint Rookie!!

I'm with the Cudahy Snowman, I decided to pull the trigger on my 83 because of this site. The only other place I've been that even comes close is the yamahaclub.com site. They're based in the UK, extremely knowledgeable and always helpful, no matter the bike or issue. But my chances of ever riding with them at one of their meets is complicated by several thousand miles of ocean between here and there. My bucket list now includes meeting up with folks from this forum one fine day.

And also like 'Fool, when I'm in my 80s and my new house is finally paid for, I'm sure I'll be in the market for a 30-year old 3rd Gen to resurrect from a barn in Muskegon! Puc-ity Puc-ity Puc!!!

I'm with the Cudahy Snowman, I decided to pull the trigger on my 83 because of this site. The only other place I've been that even comes close is the yamahaclub.com site. They're based in the UK, extremely knowledgeable and always helpful, no matter the bike or issue. But my chances of ever riding with them at one of their meets is complicated by several thousand miles of ocean between here and there. My bucket list now includes meeting up with folks from this forum one fine day.

And also like 'Fool, when I'm in my 80s and my new house is finally paid for, I'm sure I'll be in the market for a 30-year old 3rd Gen to resurrect from a barn in Muskegon! Puc-ity Puc-ity Puc!!!

That there is what the ol folks used to is "two way street" Flyday!! Parachute in ANYTIME!! :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

I'm going to 2nd Rookie's & many others here statements. Although I sold my 09 Hannigan triked RSV last year and replaced it with a Polaris Slingshot I have no intentions of abandoning this great group of people or the forum. I've enjoyed way to much with the folks here and consider many family and even new folks friends. I'm looking forward to this summers meets to continue sharing time with new and old members. Besides I still have a 83 Standard that I'll need to gather info on from those here who know these years bikes better than I do.

Larry

It's not about the venture it's about the people here! But I must admit I have noticed that when I first joined not all that long ago there would always be around 100+ members just in the watering hole at any given time now it seems to have dropped to about 30-40 at any given time. I hope this is not a sign of things to come!!!!

It started as a web site for Ventures, quickly became more than that. People come and people go. Guys change their bikes, look for advise and even, support for each other. Don, I can see the site carrying on regardless of what Yamaha does for a large touring bike. We all seem to be here for our own reasons and mine is cause there is great people, friends and stories found here.

Well I have been quiet since I have been out of town working in the DC Area Feb-April and are heading back Saturday to DC for 2 more months. With the work load and the computer time in the evenings on reports, not a lot of time to post, but I always try to check in and read what is going on.

I hope we get a 3rd Gen Venture...what fun it will be to harass...I mean joke, with the wannabe 2nd AND 3rd Gens :biker: :cool10::happy65:

It's not about the venture it's about the people here! But I must admit I have noticed that when I first joined not all that long ago there would always be around 100+ members just in the watering hole at any given time now it seems to have dropped to about 30-40 at any given time. I hope this is not a sign of things to come!!!!

Don't read too much into that. Most of it is due to the way it is set to time people out. I haven't looked but I haven't reset the timeout since installing the new software and it is shorter. In other words, when you leave, it logs you out after a certain period of time. That time used to be set longer. That could make it look like people were still online that had already left.

I may not be around much save lurking, but I'm glad to be here. Bunch of great people here, and without this site I would have been totally and utterly lost on this bike. I thank you all for being around to save my sorry behind if need be! Speak of which, I wouldn't have been able to do the maintenance I've done over the past few days if not for this place, and that was a LOT of maintenance. She should be road ready sometime after work tonight. Here's to many more years to come!:Venture:

I stick around just to feel NORMAL next to all you nut jobs.. and because I like it when Freebird calls me at midnight to call me an A$$h**e because he ran all over town to buy bananas for his Icelandic guests......... LOL

I stick around just to feel NORMAL next to all you nut jobs.. and because I like it when Freebird calls me at midnight to call me an A$$h**e because he ran all over town to buy bananas for his Icelandic guests......... LOL

Now the question that beckons to be asked is,,,,,,, are you? :buttkick::rotf:

I joined back in 05, went through the site crash were everything was lost, as many others back then did, and we all thought "OH NO"....but thanks to Don's determination it was back up and running in no time. You have done a great job with this site Don and you should be damn proud of your self and accomplishments with it over the years. Because of your dreams and constant efforts to succeed, you have made it possible for strangers to become life long friends. I have made many friends here, and a few didn't work out for whatever reasons, but such is the same in the employment world, some like you and you get along and some don't like you...so be it.

I have met many life long friends here since 05 and we still communicate and some years we still meet up and go for a ride, have a bite to eat and enjoy the time. Others I have posted with here for years and still have not had the opportunity to meet up with yet and still hope someday our roads cross paths.

Every morning, I get my cup of coffee, sit down and read emails, then I'm here checking out what is new at VR.Org. I cant wait to have my morning coffee and I cant wait to get on VR.Org. I have lived like this since I joined and it is an every day occurrence even if I am out on a long week ride traveling, I take VR.Org with me.

I hope to meet up with all the new members one day too, but until then I ask that you all ride safe!...:twing: