IGNORED

Where is my starter Pinwall?

Rdfroese

A rant/vent/warning

i purchased a 1999 used starter from the vaunted pinwalls last year in December. It's March 18. I do not have it. They refuse to refund. Their communication is about me being patient. That they can't do anything about usps. That my starter is not lost. So sorry. No refund = no looking after the customer who paid in good faith nearly 3 months ago.

I can receive items from China in 3 weeks with free shipping.

I do not recommend Pinwalls. I urge people to look elsewhere.

Yep, never had any shipping delay from Pinwall. Usually 4 days from order to received.

Now I see you're showing Canada. Perhaps a cross border problem? The ONLY time I ever had a shipping problem was several years back a friend and member from "The Other" Yamaha club and from North of the Border sent me a proportioning valve to me on the wrong side of the border. He showed that he had sent it and from the border on it just vanished. Shipped but never arrived. No loss of money but frustrating as it was a needed part and the efforts of my friend ended up as a loss for his time and trouble.

We wrote it off and it must have looked questionable to customs. Somebody was waiting to identify it I suspect. Ya never know.

If you have tracking info go directly to the shipping party for best results.

I`ve also had really good luck with Pinwall--I`ve ordered several things from them and had no problems--Now the stupid Post Office is another story,I don`t think those people could hit their butts with both hands,my local group of clowns lost a part that came halfway around the world,yep they lost it between their loading dock and my PO box.

No doubt between the two postal services and customs it got screwed up. BUT - Pinwall sold him the item with shipping. IMO that makes them responsible until it lands on his door step.

The right thing for them to do is send another or refund his money. Then THEY take the fight to the people they hired to transport it.

I've purchased several items from them, and have always received good service. Kudos on the last transaction. I bought a carb set off eBay thru them, and when it arrived it wasn't anywhere near their item description with missing brackets and parts. Supposedly off a running bike. No way Jose'.... Called them about the problem and they sent me another really nice set, and told me to keep the first set. Now I have a complete set of diaphragms for when the time comes.... Buying from them thru eBay may be a different story than buying direct?? But will buy from them again....

I would start by insisting on the tracking number from Pinwall, They may have very well shipped it. Sometimes a call to the shipper with a tracking number can shake a package loose from wherever it is stuck.

Some of the things that happen in the shipping world just amaze me.

I can send a small Flat Rate package to someone 90 miles away and it takes 5 days to get there.

I just ordered some stuff from Germany on March 17, The tracking says it will be delivered today March 19, The last tracking said it left the Cincinnati sort facility at 4:00 this morning, it is about a 6 hour drive time from Cincinnati to here. And this is a BIG box, 4' x 5' x 1'.

A friend of mine used to own a fairly large mail order company, He finally stopped selling to Canada because 10% of the packages he sent up there never made it to their destination, just disappeared forever, of course being a responsible business, he had to eat the cost.

USPS once delivered one of my packages to the wrong address, so the tracking said delivered. When I went down to the post office to find out what happened they were finally able to figure out that they delivered my package to the wrong address and that persons package was still sitting on their shelf waiting for pickup. USPS then tried to give me the other persons package and address to go there to make the exchange. There is no way I am going to some womans house to ask for my package back. I made the P.O. fix their own mistake. That could very easily have turned into a lost package never to be seen by me. It may have helped that when she opened my package it was a box full of electronic components that the vast majority of people would have no clue what they are or what to do with them, so had no value to her.

This is from an earlier post getting a switch for my lawnmower. This is why I use Paypal or a credit card on internet purchases. I never use my debit card as you have much better protection with a credit card.

I finally got the switch a couple days after the last entry. The post office where it originated had transposed two numbers on the zip code.

[TABLE=class: cms_table_table cms_table_table-striped cms_table_ng-scope]

[TR]

[TD]Time and date[/TD]

[TD]Place[/TD]

[TD]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Tuesday, Dec 30, 2014[/TD]

[TD] CHATTANOOGA , TN[/TD]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Arrived at USPS Facility[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Monday, Dec 29, 2014[/TD]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Arrived at Post Office[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Sunday, Dec 28, 2014[/TD]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Departed USPS Facility[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Sunday, Dec 28, 2014[/TD]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Friday, Dec 26, 2014[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] SALE CREEK , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Thursday, Dec 25, 2014[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Thursday, Dec 25, 2014[/TD]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Tuesday, Dec 23, 2014[/TD]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Monday, Dec 22, 2014[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] SALE CREEK , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Sunday, Dec 21, 2014[/TD]

[TD] KNOXVILLE , TN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Friday, Dec 19, 2014[/TD]

[TD] PHILADELPHIA , PA[/TD]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Arrived at USPS Origin Facility[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Thursday, Dec 18, 2014[/TD]

[TD] WILMINGTON , DE[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] WILMINGTON , DE[/TD]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Arrived at USPS Origin Facility[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] PHILADELPHIA , PA[/TD]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Departed USPS Origin Facility[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding] Arrived at USPS Origin Facility[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Wednesday, Dec 17, 2014[/TD]

[TD] CAMDEN WYOMING, DE [/TD]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Departed Post Office[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Wednesday, Dec 17, 2014[/TD]

[TD] CAMDEN WYOMING, DE [/TD]

[TD=class: cms_table_ng-binding]Acceptance[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If they are using the Ebay shipping system then there's no way to track the item. I will not buy anything from any seller who uses the Ebay system. First they charge customs and duties fees on items that are duty free. Also I purchased one item from a seller who uses the Ebay shipping system and the package was totally destroyed!!! :soapbox:

If they are using the Ebay shipping system then there's no way to track the item. I will not buy anything from any seller who uses the Ebay system. First they charge customs and duties fees on items that are duty free. Also I purchased one item from a seller who uses the Ebay shipping system and the package was totally destroyed!!! :soapbox:

So you're saying that eBay is in the shipping business??? I thought they just printed up the labels, and another system did the shipping....???

Well I contacted the Ebay seller because I could only track the item so far. What he told me was that when he uses the "SYSTEM" he sends it to the Ebay shipping facility and Ebay or its agent takes care of it from there and forwards it to the international buyer. And there is no tracking once it gets to the Ebay facility. AND it takes forever to get your package!!! :soapbox:

Interesting... So they do have a shipping facility. However, I don't think they are the carrier, and once it hits the boarder there is no tracking into Canada. Also the seller has to put an address label on the package. The 'agent' isn't a mind reader.... I've received packages where labels were generated via eBay, and it does nothing more than prepay for the label and it arrives via USPS or UPS or FedEx... shipper's choice. At least that's what I perceived.... I think they're pulling your leg... One of the nice things about using eBay and Paypal is the shipment has a money back guarantee, and I've never had a problem..

Sorry to hear your problem but I have had nothing but great service and results from Pinwall. I even contacted them, asked them to pull an item apart and send pics for me and they went out of their way to do so. I live in Canada but to prevent any cross border problems have a shipping address in the US for my parcels. I have made multiple purchases and at different times. Some prices are a steal, others well I decide if I want to get it a few bucks cheaper and possible hassle or use Pinwall and know they will take care of me. Their inventory goes fast as I have seen an item and went back for it the next day and it was sold. This has happened to me on more than one occasion so it has to say something positive about them.

Ebay calls it the "Global Shipping Program" they charge duties on EVERYTHING including reading material which is duty free. They claim to have International tracking but that needs to be tacken with a grain of salt. I see one seller who is using the "Global Shipping Program" now saying that packages may be damaged during shipping. Pitney Bowes is the agent who handles all the programs international shipping they inturn use third party service providers.

This is from Ebay

" The Global Shipping Program makes it easier for buyers in some countries outside the US and UK to purchase items from these sellers. The US or UK seller ships the item to a local global shipping provider, and the global shipping provider ships the item to you."

[h=3]Shipping[/h] After receiving your payment, the seller ships your item to a local US or UK shipping center.

International shipping experts at the shipping center process the package, complete customs forms, pay applicable import charges, and ship the package to the address that you specified at the time of purchase.

Items that ship through the Global Shipping Program generally arrive within one week of departing the US or UK shipping center.

Most of the things I buy online in the US are trackable in Canada. I just use the USPS tracking number on the Canada post Tracking website and it tracks to my door. ( I insist everything comes to me USPS so I don't pay the huge hidden brokerage fees that you get when cross border shipping with anyone else) Even my hong kong purchases with the free delivery are trackable once the "handoff" is done to Canada post.

Brian

Interesting... So they do have a shipping facility. However, I don't think they are the carrier, and once it hits the boarder there is no tracking into Canada. Also the seller has to put an address label on the package. The 'agent' isn't a mind reader.... I've received packages where labels were generated via eBay, and it does nothing more than prepay for the label and it arrives via USPS or UPS or FedEx... shipper's choice. At least that's what I perceived.... I think they're pulling your leg... One of the nice things about using eBay and Paypal is the shipment has a money back guarantee, and I've never had a problem..

I have bought many items from Pinwall and never had a problem. They always send me an item shipped notification with tracking number. I suspect your starter got held up or lost when or after it crossed the border.

Thank you for your responses.

i have a tracking number, CJ421361147US, that indicates it went through sorting facility Jan 9. I contend that's not my problem. I've asked 3x for a refund and been refused. I suppose I will call my credit card company and complain.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Four months later I still have nothing from Pinwall; no starter and no emails. They ignore me. So I called my credit card company and they regretted that they could not do anything but suggested I go to Paypal and plead my case. I did and Paypal came through - refunding me the entire amount.

Summary

I will not recommend Pinwall for anything. They are rude [ignoring me] and offer poor service [take your money and do not see transaction through to good end]. MAybe they treat foreigners differently I do not know. Anyways, stay far away from Pinwall.

I bought a new four brush starter via Amazon and am looking forward to installing that.