IGNORED

Opening a can of worms

Freebird

Hey Don,

I must admit, when I first heard that you had purchased a new Harley, I myself was a bit sad, and embarrassed that the founder of this fine family of friends, a fellow rider of Yamaha's for many, many years, could not find a motorcycle product in Yamaha's vehicle line up! Shame on Yamaha for letting you down, Don! And shame on Yamaha for letting ALL of the other loyal Yamaha riders down as well. Other motorcycle companies have upped their game, and sadly, Yamaha has not. You have been MORE than fair with every member on this forum, Don. No matter what kind of motorcycle they ride. Hell, we have members on this forum that don't even ride motorcycles any more, and yet they stay. Please feel free to extend the same courtesy to yourself that you would extend to ANY other member of this forum. THE RIGHT TO OWN, AND RIDE ANY MOTORCYCLE YOU LIKE! As far as I am concerned, if a Harley floats your boat Don, then by all means, ride that Harley. In the case of the disgruntled former member of this forum, he did us all a favor by NOT renewing his membership because quite frankly, he "didn't get it" anyway!

If you are feeling inclined to "repent", I am sure we could find you a "loaner" RSV for the Maint. Day !

Just Sayin',

Earl

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don, we give you tons of crap about your beautiful Harley, and you never throw our substandard charging system, weak radio, failing 2nd gear, transmission whine, missing shifter bolt, barely visible lights, and weak clutch in our faces. Heck, you like ventures more than Yamaha does. Thanks for all you do.

Hey Don,

I must admit, when I first heard that you had purchased a new Harley, I myself was a bit sad, and embarrassed that the founder of this fine family of friends, a fellow rider of Yamaha's for many, many years, could not find a motorcycle product in Yamaha's vehicle line up! Shame on Yamaha for letting you down, Don! And shame on Yamaha for letting ALL of the other loyal Yamaha riders down as well. Other motorcycle companies have upped their game, and sadly, Yamaha has not. You have been MORE than fair with every member on this forum, Don. No matter what kind of motorcycle they ride. Hell, we have members on this forum that don't even ride motorcycles any more, and yet they stay. Please feel free to extend the same courtesy to yourself that you would extend to ANY other member of this forum. THE RIGHT TO OWN, AND RIDE ANY MOTORCYCLE YOU LIKE! As far as I am concerned, if a Harley floats your boat Don, then by all means, ride that Harley. In the case of the disgruntled former member of this forum, he did us all a favor by NOT renewing his membership because quite frankly, he "didn't get it" anyway!

If you are feeling inclined to "repent", I am sure we could find you a "loaner" RSV for the Maint. Day !

Just Sayin',

Earl

I might even let him ride MINE!!:fatsmiley:

i always ride what you can afford and love what you ride.

I chose my Honda shadow A.C.E because it was what my daughter could afford to buy her old dad to keep me out and riding .

I had a 84 venture and I liked it but the P.O just did not take care of her. I tried to get it running right. and just could not afford to get her done right.

I sold it to a person who became a member here but then left? I have nothing against a Harley I have owned 2 in my life. one the ex got (don't ask) LOL one I traded for 2 Honda cb 750 old school choppers . I might be the slowest I the pack when mike EUSA1 did the rootbeer run but I stayed with them LOL

As a newer member I feel I can see things as an outsider. I have been in other forums and found many to be of the type that in their eyes you were only good if you shared the same brand. I have met a few members here and feel that there is a kinship as some I have met do not even have a bike anymore or ride a different brand. I get bored easily and like to think that if I choose to move on to a different ride no matter what brand it might be this forum will support it. Sure I might get teased but hey it's all in fun. I personally own a Harley and a Venture, and even been looking at my first new bike that is not a yamaha nor metric and not even a Harley. In a years time we will see and who knows maybe this old first gen will change my mind? Will someone comment in a not so positive manner about my choice of ride? Quite possibly and most likely but in my opinion it is what keeps the conversation out here. If we were all the same would it not be a dull place and life we live? We all share an interest in this sport and most of us like the company and conversation so why squabble over such trivial differences? Ride what you enjoy and enjoy your ride, life is too short. Those who can't or don't want to be seen with you or bother unless you you suit their style well frankly may not be worth your time. Drama can be found anywhere so no need to look for it or feed into it. These are my feelings and opinions as someone who is doing his best in being a glass half full guy rather than a glass half empty guy. Remember opinions are like butt holes, every one has one and quite often they stink.

Weird?

As a new guy to this group it seems a bit off base to me for someone to be so critical, even petty, simply because of your choice of ride and/or opinion, especially considering all the work I have learned you do to keep the VR web site running smoothly, holding maintenance days at your home, plus having to keep everyone on line, in line.

I joined this "org" because there are non of the "you have to ride a...." to be a member which made my decision much easier.

Thanks for all you do.

Ride Safe!

I've been here since 2005.... I don't post much but I'm here every day...... I don't like the new site as I hate change......I will continue to be a member just for how well this site is managed by Freebird and the moderators....... Been part of this family for a long time and will continue...... Now with that being said...

Why the hell did you buy a Harley......:rasberry: you must not like us anymore:icon_lurker::rotf:

That's to bad Don , after some thinking I'm pretty sure I know who this is and I'm surprised . I love all the back and forth banter . I'm also sorry that Yamaha gave up the Venture and forced me to look else where. I rode my Midnight for 8 years and had a 86 1st Gen for 2 years before that and many others before that. Now for my 3rd season with the Roadglide to see if this will be my last bike or brand I buy . Probably not.

Folks, it doesn't matter who it was. I didn't mention a name because if he ever decides he would like to come back, he is more than welcome. Over the years there have been a handful of people that got upset about something and left only to realize later that they were wrong or even that maybe they didn't feel that they were wrong but decided it wasn't a big deal. There are at least two members that came and went several times because they were always getting bent out of shape over something. If this member ever decides that he wants to come back for whatever reason, he is welcome to do so and nothing more need to be said about any of this. Like I said at the beginning, if something that I said was offensive then I apologize. That's all there is to it. No apology back to me is necessary.

BRAVO------BRAVO!!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT work DON. LOVED this site and the people in it since i joined here. Really appreciate what you do here. i ride with alot of different biker friends and we all pick on each other for what we ride and have alot of fun with it!! REALLY hope to be able to meet up with you in person some day. again THANKS for all you do for all of us here!!!!!:clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

I for one is very guilty of giving you a hard time about your Harley. I recently learned that my ways were way out of line. :yikes:

Under the ADA ( Americans with Disability Act) I was wrong to harass someone for their obvious mental issues regarding their motorcycle of choice. :no-no-no:

I apologize for obtaining my laughs at your expense. Hopefully the bad case of Harlybuyinitis is eventually cured and your mental health returns.

It is a communicable disease, caught by hanging around the wrong friends, but can be cured. Hang in there Don, we are all praying for your full recovery. :080402gudl_prv:

DISCLAIMER:

The preceeding post is not necessarily the truth or the real thoughts of the author, but is strictly for entertainment purposes. Any similiarities to a real Harley owner is strictly truth...I mean coincidental ...

:doh:

Since Don bought his Harley it inspired me to sell all 4 of my Ventures and buy a Porsche.I now have to ride in the back of the pack at the VR events and that means I am the last one to be served when we stop to eat and sometimes I don't get to finish my meal because it is time to finish the ride.Thanks Don but I am still not gonna leave this organization.On the upside,if it starts to rain or the weather turns bad I can always put the top up and turn on the heat.Now I am a happy camper again.BTW my Porsche does have a cassette player and a CB.

I don't know about anyone else , but Don is the only one here that has gotten me out of a hot bath at midnight just to call me an A--HOLE... over a bunch of bananas....I disagree with everyone here.... He is ONE BAD DUDE in my book and my feelings have been hurt ever since this incident.....and he has forced me to eat frog legs on several occasions just like the way my big brother used to make me eat worms...I say tar and feather Don.......

Edited by BIG TOM

I don't know about anyone else , but Don is the only one here that has gotten me out of a hot bath at midnight just to call me an A--HOLE... over a bunch of bananas....I disagree with everyone here.... He is ONE BAD DUDE in my book and my feeling have been hurt ever since this incident.....and he has forced me to eat frog legs an several occasions just like the way my big brother used to make me eat worms...I say tar and feather Don.......

Too damn cold to heat up the Tar!!!:bang head:

Folks, it doesn't matter who it was. I didn't mention a name because if he ever decides he would like to come back, he is more than welcome. Over the years there have been a handful of people that got upset about something and left only to realize later that they were wrong or even that maybe they didn't feel that they were wrong but decided it wasn't a big deal. There are at least two members that came and went several times because they were always getting bent out of shape over something. If this member ever decides that he wants to come back for whatever reason, he is welcome to do so and nothing more need to be said about any of this. Like I said at the beginning, if something that I said was offensive then I apologize. That's all there is to it. No apology back to me is necessary.

Ya know,, kinda rethinking this whole deal here,, I am really glad you wrote this Don cause it really does get to an important point.. IMHO, It really doesnt matter who this thread is talking about at this particular time.. In the end,, it could be any one of us who has a disagreement with how something was handled or over something that someone said and have our feelings hurt and we might think about not coming back.. Its easy for us to pat Don on the back (cause he really is a GREAT guy) and all that but,, I kinda wonder if we might be giving the person who chose to leave the feeling that we are choosing sides and, thereby, maybe driving nails in a door that is closed at this time - I hope not..

Tell ya what,, if the person who chose to leave is reading this,, I just want him to know that in all sincerity - I totally get what Don is saying,, you are always welcome back,, no questions asked, door is always open!! Forgive and forget is one click away as far as I am concerned!! Sometimes spits and spats between good friends actually draw them closer together - I have seen that happen on more than one occasion..

I have only been a member for a couple years but have never witnessed Don bad mouthing the RSV or any other bike. My friends and family ride a an assortment of different brands of bikes. No body really cares what the brand is when your out having fun. As others have said I wouldn't lose any sleep over this issue. Thank you for all the fine things you do for this site.