IGNORED

Please edit your profile

Freebird

Please take a moment to edit your profiles. Two things you should do.

Pick the state you live in from the drop down menu. I accidently deleted this field and had to add it back. Once I figure out how to add the sort by location option to our members list, that will be needed..

Please fill out the city/state/province field. That is the field that will show on the right side when you post a message.

There is a setting that I can use that will force people to perform this task before they can access the forum again but I hate to do that.

Thanks

Once again,, THANK YOU CHIEF FOR REMINDING FOLKS TO DO THIS - I have been sandbagging on mentioning it now that our State/Provincial flags are gone!! I have been racking my brain while reading some post wondering where the poster is from... Read one a while ago,, person was from "Peru" and wondered if that was Peru as in that country called Peru,,,,,,, some of us directionally challenged folks REALLY appreciate this assistance Don!!

That said,, I messed around here trying to do as you instructed.. Here is what I came up with.. You have to click on the "Settings" icon found at the top right of this page.. Next to it is an icon marked "My Profile" but that is NOT the one ya click on - that one will lead you into some strange zone with all kinds of info about colors and stuff... After ya click on "Settings", if you look at the left side of the screen there will be a box with Edit Profile in it, click on that and it will take you to what appears to be as Don is describing... If you read the titles of the boxes you will see two different areas asking for location, one that appears with your posts,, one that does not... I already had the one that appears in my posts filled in - that is the one that lets everyone know that I live in North Muskegon Michigan - not Peru Peru.. The other one I did not have filled in,, the one that is not viewable by posters (I think this is the 2nd part Don is talking about)...

Hope this info is correct Boss, just trying to help anyone who is as challenged with this stuff as I am...

Puc

Just updated my state. I'm afraid that some will have to be forced to get them to do this. There are even a few that do not want to put a real location. They must be in the witness protection program or something. :confused07:

RandyA

Not in the witness protection program, but don't want to get called back to work. LOL

Once again,, THANK YOU CHIEF FOR REMINDING FOLKS TO DO THIS - I have been sandbagging on mentioning it now that our State/Provincial flags are gone!! I have been racking my brain while reading some post wondering where the poster is from... Read one a while ago,, person was from "Peru" and wondered if that was Peru as in that country called Peru,,,,,,, some of us directionally challenged folks REALLY appreciate this assistance Don!!

That said,, I messed around here trying to do as you instructed.. Here is what I came up with.. You have to click on the "Settings" icon found at the top right of this page.. Next to it is an icon marked "My Profile" but that is NOT the one ya click on - that one will lead you into some strange zone with all kinds of info about colors and stuff... After ya click on "Settings", if you look at the left side of the screen there will be a box with Edit Profile in it, click on that and it will take you to what appears to be as Don is describing... If you read the titles of the boxes you will see two different areas asking for location, one that appears with your posts,, one that does not... I already had the one that appears in my posts filled in - that is the one that lets everyone know that I live in North Muskegon Michigan - not Peru Peru.. The other one I did not have filled in,, the one that is not viewable by posters (I think this is the 2nd part Don is talking about)...

Hope this info is correct Boss, just trying to help anyone who is as challenged with this stuff as I am...

Puc

OK so you know, click "Forum Actions" then "Edit Profile"

Well how bout that,,, just like two riders on different roads ending up at the same location....... LOL

There are two places. What shows in the posts is the first one that says City, State or Province. That is where you add your displayed location, mine says Oberlin, OH.

The second is a drop down menu that you select from. That one will eventually be used in the members list sort by location. There is no other way to do it because there is NO way that I can add every possible city.