IGNORED

What is your winter project for this year?

Venturous Randy

I am way past time on upgrading my brakes. I have some MKII lower forks and I am planning on rebuilding the forks and adding better calipers. I am also planning on SS brake lines and probably delinking the brakes. While working on the front end I am also going to redo my head bearings. I already have Progressive springs.

I am still not satisfied with the performance of the 30K motor I put in my bike when I took the 170K motor out as the old motor would scream. I need to do the basics like a good compression check and then figure out what to do.

I am still playing around with the MKII TCI I put on and yes I changed the boost sensor porting to the manifold from the carb.

I need to put my trailer hitch back on and rewire it for the wire connector that is on my Time Out Camper I just got.

I would love to pick up an MKII engine in good shape and put the spare RSV transmission in it as I love this combination I have with one in my engine now with the V-Max final drive.

Well, that's a start, what do you have planned.

RandyA

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to install items purchased here on the forum.....ignition by-pass and light bar, install trailer hitch, assemble and upgrade tag-along trailer bought from Harbor Freight, and maybe send seats for Butt Butler mod. Must work those projects around trip south for some warm up time. :happy34:

For the venture, I don't need to do much as I went though the bike head to toe when I bought it in February.

As for a motorcycle project, I have been asked by a friend of mine's son to make a bunch of changes to a chopper that he has had for a few years, some of the changes include: Change out front end from telescopic fork to springer, this will entail changing the rake of the neck, strip down bike completely to powder coat frame, upon reassembly hide all wiring within frame, new primary drive and new baker 7 speed transmission, new tank and mounting brackets, and a bunch of little odds and ends. Seek out a good painter to have tins painted then reassemble the bike and get it ready to ride. This bike has a Merch motor in it and is a beast!!!!

This isn't nearly as challenging as building a bike from scratch, I have done 3 complete ground up builds, but this should keep me out of trouble when that white crap is laying all over the ground............

well going to try to get this bike to run correct. need to rebuild forks and head bearings as balance changes low oil in one fork?? I think pick up coils are bad or wire going into them. problem comes and goes. working on a virago 750 at the moment trying to get it running and out of way.

since i've been building bikes since i was 12 i'm finally burned out on it. no more motorcycles. i'm down to building a custom, high performance, honda ruckus. my goal is 50 mph and refining all the things honda forgot. having a ball on a low budget. it will make it's debut along with some custom cushmans i built at the 2015 rally. over 100 mpg. eat your heart out.

Do another Oil & filter change

Fix crack in rear part of front fender - I added a fender extension and it cracked my fender. It will be as simple fix though..

Install my new windshield

Add a 12volt outlet in the backrest pouch for ease of charging cell phone

Fix speaker wire where it was pinched in trunk hinge

Lube brake and clutch lever bushings

Rebuild rear brake master cylinder

install new pads in front

Bleed brakes

Install Dyna beads in both tires

I have to completely tear down the 84 and repair broken tabs, clean everything, and fix the leak that is running down my kickstand. Plus normal fluid and filter changes. The 01 needs rear brake pads. But...I live in Las Vegas and do not have a winter.

Walkin on mighty thin ice there Sarge,,,, I happen to KNOW that there is a member here who is seeking out new targets to swivel the nozzles on his White Wash Machine towards and he do love a challenge:big-grin-emoticon:...

I gotta head gasket I plan to have finished by spring, some work on my hands if possible (still gotta meet with that surgeon).. Speaking of Tweeks though,, she is only half my age, only 250k miles and pretty much still wet behind the ears,, so probably an oil change - new plugs, pull the slide covers and check some diaphram patches, sync the carbs again, maybe a new battery, oh yea need to do a headlight.. If I can get to it before my hand surgery - I have a new speedo from George and a new fuse panel from Squid I would like to swap out too...

Now that I think of it,,, even if I only get my head gasket replaced and feel better by the time ride season returns, if I have to I could just take off next spring and do some of this stuff on the road - thats always fun.... Maybe even FINALLY make one of Don's MD's, pick up some oil and plugs,, take my headlight/speed o' and fuse panel along and

let Tweeks mark her territory down at Oberlin while I spin some wrenches down yonder,,, after all,, some one's gotta teach that new Harley of Don's how to mark territory/pee in the woods and knowing ol Tweeks,, she would LOVE to do it!!:scratchchin:

Hmm....

Rear tire and grease wheel assembly.

Leveling Links

Swing Arm bearings

New Battery

Valve-Shim Adjustment

Drain Coolant

Have the fairing, gas tank right airbox cover and right saddlebag painted

New clutch basket!!!

Drain and replace the front fork oil.

Clutch fluid and both brake fluid

Oil change to 20/50 yamalube and K&N air filters.

While i have the carbs off I'm going to do the float adjustment and a minor cleaning

New gear oil, grease the splines

Adjust steering head bearings

New front tire

Install spoiler and many other chrome accessories

I'll inspect the fuel filter

Installing running lights while the fairing is off...

And i think that about sums up my winter project

Did i miss anything?

Number one is to get the old ticker back to beating regular.

Once that happens, then I have a whole list of plans for my bike.

Build center stand dolly.

Progressive springs

Make the new adjustable block off plates I designed.

Remove anti dives.

HD stator and RR.

Adjust valves.

Find a place to put about 1500 more LEDs.

I was thinking of doing a tear down and repaint, but that is out for this year.

Number one is to get the old ticker back to beating regular.

Once that happens, then I have a whole list of plans for my bike.

Build center stand dolly.

Progressive springs

Make the new adjustable block off plates I designed.

Remove anti dives.

HD stator and RR.

Adjust valves.

Find a place to put about 1500 more LEDs.

I was thinking of doing a tear down and repaint, but that is out for this year.

PHEEEEWHEEE,,,,, WHEN I SEEN YOU HAD POSTED SOMETHING ON HERE I THOUGHT FOR SURE IT WAS GONNA READ SOMETHING LIKE "COVER ALL OF NORTH AMERCIA IN WHITE WASH" FOOL!! THANK YOU FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!!

Oh,, by the way,, you are limited to one answer to this question and you cant change it!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWW,,, DA FOOL SCREWED UP - SPRINGS A COMIN EARLY FOLKS - OL PUC HAS SEEN HIS SHADOW IN THE LIGHT OF FLYINGFOOLS BO BO!!:Laugh:

WISHING YOU NOTHING BUT THE BEST ON THAT HEART FIXIN JEFF - PRAYERS UP!!

Edited by cowpuc