IGNORED

Had to say goodbye.....

Freebird

Many of my VentureRider friends have met our Annie over the years and know the story of how we came to adopt her. Today is a sad day as we had to take her to the Vet and say our final goodbyes. She had worked her way so deeply into our hearts but I know that the time had come where we had to end her pain and suffering.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,

And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then will you do what must be done,

For this, the last battle, can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,

But don't let grief then stay your hand,

For on this day, more than the rest,

Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,

You wouldn't want me to suffer so.

When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,

Only, stay with me till the end

And hold me firm and speak to me,

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree,

It is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved,

From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you,

Who has to decide this thing to do;

We've been so close,we two, these years,

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Author Unknown

Very sorry to hear of your loss, we had to let go of our family member ZEKE a few years ago and he was our best friend for over 15 years, and many folks that don't have pets or in this case a furry family member... just don't understand.

it took me 2 years to decide to open up to another ball of furry fun, but it does help.

the following message is not intended to make lite of this time, but to help folks understand the love of a pet, and yet not recommended or condoned it does put things into perspective with a touch of humor to sooth the ache .

take your doggy and your spouse and lock them both into the trunk of your car for about an hour and a half, and while they are in there, bang on the lid every 20 minutes or so and make sure they don't fall asleep or loose track of time.

then open the trunk and see which one of them is HAPPY to see you??

peace brother. Mike

Sorry to hear this, I know how they get some deeply inbedded into your life, we are struggling with same decision concerning our oldest cat, he has gone from 13 pounds down to 5 and is fading more and more each day, it will not be long.

They take up such a large part of your heart, it is hard to let them go.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

We 'd been through the same a couple of years ago when we loose our first dog Tommy (Chocolat Lab) since we move to Michigan.

Today we'd recover and we have two others: an Australian Sheppard and the youngest another chocolat lab that of course is Tommy the 2nd.

However, we still miss our first one that allways will be on our hearts...

Don,

So sorry for your loss. I also had to put my 2 dogs down last winter. Hardest thing to do. The vet did offer option to purchase a plaster paw print of your pet, which I have on my dresser and rub it every day. Recommend everyone see if their vets offer something similar, it sure helps the hurt.