IGNORED

Freebird's HD forum

XV1100SE

I been spending more time over there but not as much activity over there is there is here.

Had another epiphany, We could petition Don to combine the sites and make one great big fun loving site called "VentureRider.org and that other bike site" :rotf::cool10:

Just not enough time in the day to be everywhere,,,,, at least at my age:backinmyday:

I was hoping it would take off better for Don (Freebird). From the stats :

Threads 234

Posts 738

Members 146

Active Members 23

Hard to compare with VR.org since the forum has been running for quite some time. Hopefully the numbers are on track for what Don expected.

EDIT - not saying the membership numbers are bad. 146 is actually pretty good. With VR.org although membership numbers are high, but if you look at active members it isn't even close to how many people registered and disappeared over the years.

In 2008 I went on the hog touring site several times because I was thinking about getting an Ultra Classic. I also went on a site called Harley Tech Talk. On the harley tech talk site the guys don't give any slack to harley. At that time harley was having a problem with crankshafts breaking, even on new bikes. A lot of the harley guys were saying harley must be making the crankshafts out of silly putty. I went on the hog touring site and mentioned this and one guy got angry at me and said I was bashing harleys and left the site. I think it was Don's brother. I never went back because I was just repeating what some harley riders said but he blistered me for bashing harleys. I hope Don has success with the site.

It is off to what I feel is a slow start. I knew it would be hard to get it going though. There area LOT of Harley sites out there to compete with and some of them are pretty good with a lot of good information already available. I'll keep at it though and hope that it eventually takes off.

In 2008 I went on the hog touring site several times because I was thinking about getting an Ultra Classic. I also went on a site called Harley Tech Talk. On the harley tech talk site the guys don't give any slack to harley. At that time harley was having a problem with crankshafts breaking, even on new bikes. A lot of the harley guys were saying harley must be making the crankshafts out of silly putty. I went on the hog touring site and mentioned this and one guy got angry at me and said I was bashing harleys and left the site. I think it was Don's brother. I never went back because I was just repeating what some harley riders said but he blistered me for bashing harleys. I hope Don has success with the site.

I don't remember any of that. Not saying it's not true but if so, I don't know how I missed it. I am going there to see if I can find it and if so, will make it know that it was not acceptable. No threads have been deleted there so it should still be there.

I'm sure it will thrive Don, you already know how to keep house and keep MOST of the riff raff out.

I wonder if cross posting would be an option to bring a merge of sorts for those here that have drank the kool- aid with you?:rotf:

I wish it well and plan to give you plenty more grief in the future.

anyone wants more glossy photo's of don and wife working on the hd at vri 2013 just let me know??:whistling:

No joke Don...I'm sure it will do well.:080402gudl_prv:

Guest tx2sturgis

Lots of 'bling' over there...looks good.

Way back sometime in..I dunno...1996 maybe, I joined the HeD...the Harley Electronic Digest.

I have no idea if its even still operating...the website only seems to have a few pages working.

Back then, we used email 'reflectors'...similar in some ways to mass texting today, you saw all the articles in one or two large emails (called 'digests') that arrived in your inbox each day.

Then you replied via email, to the proper address of course, and if the server recognized you as a member, your post would be distributed in the next article...and everyone read your post along with all the others.

There was no way to correct anything once it was sent. There was no way to share pictures to the group, although sometimes people would privately email pictures to each other.

It was what we had at the time.

I remember the group would arrange get togethers... they called them "Meet in the Middle" and I met some of the members at Sturgis a few times.

Ah...memories.

Don, I hope yours does well...but there are SO many forums out there for Harleys and Goldwings...not to mention everything else.

I recently joined the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum....I feel like the proverbial BB in a boxcar...530,000 members....you can get lost over there!

Shameless plug for VR: Its about the right size for good conversation, friendly banter, and still offers something for just about everyone. Not too big...not too small...

In the words of Goldilocks: Its JUST right!

:happy34:

Hey Don,

I don't have any hard feelings about what happened on the hog site. No need for you to waste your time looking for old posts. I may sign up for the site again. Thanks for your concern though.

Well I did look but didn't find it. I don't know your username over there though, if I did, I could easily find your posts. There is nobody registered under ediddy there and nobody using the email address that you used here. Send me a PM with your username there because I would like to see that exchange.