IGNORED

Advice needed.

Marcarl

Hi All:

I need some help in figuring this out.

I have my 85 for sale, advertized in Kijiji, Ontario. The price is in the ad, there are 4 pictures and then first I get a text on my phone, and then when I respond with an email,,,,,, you read the rest, starts at the bottom.

==

Thank you for getting back to me. Can you assure me that i will not be disappointed with it. I'm ready to pay your asking price, i'm buying this for my son.I would have love to come for the viewing by the weekend, but My place is way too far from there in which i am located in yukon in canada So i thought of how to make this transaction work between us, which i came to conclusion with my husband to use a courier company to pick up the item from your place but we will send the money to your account first and after you get the money in your account, the pick up company will come to help us carry it. Since i'd not be seeing the item before i purchase it, please provide me with the address where it will be picked up so that i can forward it to the shipping company to calculate the cost of pick up for me.i'll be waiting for the address where the item is so i can send it to my shipping / pick up company for the calculation of there fees and i'm sure they will get back to me soon. So about the payment i will like the payment to be made via paypal online secure payment . So i want you to get back to me with your verified PayPal Account Email Address And your full Name Please include your email address in your reply for effective contact,So that i can Deposit the funds now and if you don't have one you can get one done at http://www.paypal.com and with that i can have a good transaction.

1.The lowest you can go for the price

2.Your PayPal Full Name

3.Your Paypal E-mail address.

4. Your phone number.

5.remove the item on kijiji.

Best Regards,

> Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:01:04 -0400

> From: cnorg@silomail.com

> To: christianahmark@hotmail.com

> Subject: 85 Venture

>

> Hi.

> My asking price is $3200.

> I can make all kinds of pictures, what would you like to see?

> Me

>

Text consists of:

Hello do you still have your motorcycle for sale on kijiji?kindly get back to me with your full asking price and some pictures of it via my email at(christainahmark@hotmail.com)awaiting your reply on my email.

It sure does sound fishy. But you hate to pass up a legit deal for asking price.

FWIW goggling the email address does not bring up any hint of a scam being run from that email address. But then it is a free email service so they could easily make a new email for each scam.

I don't know if this is one of the scams where they pay by PP and then after they get the bike they claim it was never received, or not as advertised and get a refund from PP and keep the bike too?

Maybe if you call PP they can tell you if their PP email is legit?

...I don't know if this is one of the scams where they pay by PP and then after they get the bike they claim it was never received, or not as advertised and get a refund from PP and keep the bike too?...

Ask them to do an email money transfer from their bank account. Since they are in Canada, they can send money via Interac email. You'll have the cash immediately and know for certain it is legit or not. Tell them you don't use Pay Pal...and watch them disappear.

Carl,

Leave it alone, it is a scam, I have sold many items in the past few years on Kijiji and there are always a few of these responses. Don't go there, don't be surprised if after telling them no thank you, you get another response from them trying to get you to bite again.

My way has always been if you want to buy it you can come and see it and bring the $$$$$ with ya. No money tranfers, No Paypal.

My 2 cents

Mike

I have to agree that this looks like a scam.

However, I have bought things on kijiji before and done the transaction through Paypall when the item was away. Once the money was transferred to him, I got the seller to ship the item to me at my cost. This way it protects him and me, but there is always a small risk.

In the case above though, the storyline is all too familiar and in-line with a popular scam.

:canada:

No question about this being a scam,,,, guys like this pi$$$$ me off servilely. I wonder if there is something that we could do to get back at him. I like to string these types on for as long as I can. This also happened about 3 weeks ago, but I lost the sucker after 2 days,,, I'd like to keep him going for a least a week or so,,,, maybe even take a little of his money.

At the very least to make himself look legit he could use something else than scammer language.

:whistling:Cell Phone Tracking...

Put your cell phone in the bike and let them take it...

Track it to their destination...

Now comes the fun part...

Round up a couple of bearded Venturerider's and dress em up plain, straw hat with black band ...

Show up at the perps door, and inform him your with the Amish mafia and it's going to get ugly if you don't get your money... With interest!

With that beard of yours you'd be a shoe in for the part, EH?...LOL

Edited by CaptainJoe

Don't goes for that. I gots a bridge in Vancouver I sell you for cheep. Peoples pays you to go over bridge and you makes many moneys. Send cash in large boxes and I send deed to bridge.

Just my luck,,, I won't make it to the bridge and then the deed will be gone.

oldI reported a scam on Kijii...selling a $20,000 Kabota for $5000 .

He was overseas and the tractor was in the NWT.

Offered to accept payment to EBay Escrow services (no such thing) etc etc

I called the police but they said there was nothing they could do. The scammer could be in Timbucktwo and even if they knew where they were, they could move on to a new email etc.