IGNORED

The next international rally

eusa1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this mean that the IR is set for next year. We have never camped with the bike so that may be something to try. $100 per night is a little steep but you get what you pay for. Looking forward to someone making up there mind and setting the 2014 IR in stone.

Steve & Dawn Taskay

ditchdoctor

2000MM Frankinbike

Brake Pad,

If Guntersville is the "Chosen one"..........

I already laid out a back roads ride from Guntersville to the rattlesnake Saloon if you need me to lead, and I also laid out the return route where I detour to take everyone up thru Monte Sano State Park, and then back down to Guntersville.

Total riding miles round trip = 256 miles round trip (131 miles to get there and 125 miles to get back

Total riding time is 5.5 hours round trip.

I also laid out another ride (for a different day) in the case there are some who may just want to go for a ride and not visit caves and or museums.

If you need my help, let me know.

Brake Pad,

If Guntersville is the "Chosen one"..........

I already laid out a back roads ride from Guntersville to the rattlesnake Saloon if you need me to lead, and I also laid out the return route where I detour to take everyone up thru Monte Sano State Park, and then back down to Guntersville.

Total riding miles round trip = 256 miles round trip (131 miles to get there and 125 miles to get back

Total riding time is 5.5 hours round trip.

I also laid out another ride (for a different day) in the case there are some who may just want to go for a ride and not visit caves and or museums.

If you need my help, let me know.

ECK, Thank You, for stepping up to the plate. Road work is what I need the most help with.:clap2::clap2::thumbsup2:

Folks, I'm not saying that it is solidified but it sure seems like the way to go at this point. Kentucky was leading in the poll that I had per-maturely posted but the original facility in Kentucky was going to be inadequate. I've not seen anything about an alternative location in Kentucky.

So...right now...I'm thinking that Alabama may be the best choice but I'm still open to comments and suggestions.

Looks like about 800 miles for me - an easy 2 day if the co-pilot attends. She had a blast at the last one - I may not be able to leave her behind again. The room price is kinda steep - I'd consider splitting the cost of a room with someone. Now if I can just get her to ride thru KY again........

Good job, Mike for stepping up. :thumbsup2:

2 Q's.

1. What's the proximity of the camping area to the lodge? Is it walking distance, shuttle distance (available ?), or gotta ride there and back?

2. Anybody else interested in doing wild boar hunt while we're there? There's gotta be some places in that area to get a piggie.

2 Q's.

1. What's the proximity of the camping area to the lodge? Is it walking distance, shuttle distance (available ?), or gotta ride there and back?

2. Anybody else interested in doing wild boar hunt while we're there? There's gotta be some places in that area to get a piggie.

The camp ground is at the bottom of the resort, I will question shuttles when I speak to Sandra (Head of public affairs) again.

As for Boar Hunting ( can you shoot Hand Guns as the primary weapon?) He In Florida anything goes. We hunt with 9mm & 45 & 38's (With a few back up toys)

A quick search for nearby motels shows rooms available in the town of Albertville which is 10 miles away in the $45 a night range for a Queen bed room.

btw, I wouldn't hunt hogs with anything smaller than a .30cal rifle. Big heavy bullets are best.

I said...Paris Landing State Park would be a good place for a rally, because it has everything we want. The Boss Hoss International Rally is held here every year.

Hotels

cabins

camping

convention center for banquet

Kentucky Lake (we could rent some pontoon boats & spend a day on the lake.)

All close to each other.

http://state.tn.us/environment/parks/ParisLanding/

There are also some beautiful roads to ride here. Here are a few...

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/tn232.html

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/517/Kentucky/The-Trace-(Through-the-Land-Between-the-Lakes).html

Unfortunately, I'll be moving in a few months, so I won't be able to host.

Sounds good to me.

Guntersville is where I have been trying to move to for the last five years if I can ever get my money right. Was looking at houses there in 2006 and should of went then. Love the area and the people.

Karl go to the rally if it's held there then conviently forget to leave. yup that'll work you think?

Larry

No Shark fishing, in Florida, I'm a member of the Ocean Watch Foundation. (I protect the fishes in the Ocean)

OK-I'll save that for another trip. I'll stick with the freshwater fish in the lake this go-around.:thumbsup2: