IGNORED

The next international rally

eusa1

I have had several e-mails and questions about

"When and where is the next rally?"

I don't get to decide the answer to that question.

I am sure that is a "We" decide as a group and we should be talking about it now, because it takes a year and a strong group to get it together.

The first thing that needs to happen is someone needs to hold their hand up and say that they would like to be the host!

The next thing that needs to happen , is to pick a location that has many things to offer.

Now is the hard part....

Pick a group of people to be your commitee, that can do as great job as the friends on my commitee did.

We worked together and talked ALOT !

We had our ups and downs getting everything to come together, but in the end it appears that everyone had a great time and most of all a safe time.

For all of this, i am very thankfull and enjoyed being your host, and i owe it all to a fantastic commitee and the VENTURERIDER.ORG FAMILY

THANK YOU:

Cherie/wife

Teresa/daughter

Rick Haywood

Shirley Haywood

Dan Schepp

Shari Schepp

And Gieson motor sports from Rock Falls Illinois

Gary Dinges for trailer ticket sales

Oh, and that harley guy and his wife from Ohio!!:rotf:

Ok now!!! Where is the next International rally??!! :confused24::cool10:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I elect Brake Pad to host one here in Fla. :whistling:

I like the area in the winter and spring and fall, but Florida, in July/August is pretty warm...

Downright HOT if your on a Harley...

Is it possible to change the month the rally is held?

My vote would either be the Rocky mountain area, or Grand Canyon.

Would also like to see a "travelling" International Rally some year.

panama city beach loves a good bike rally and has LOTS of places to go, and fun stuff to do like a water park, great bars, lots of places to stay, and the BEACH !!! don't forget the beach..ladies forget how to dress on the beach !!!! lol you have Mrs Newbies, the wicked wheel, the salty goat, spinnaker, lavela, a huge state park, lots of 2 lane black top to cruse, man, ya gotta love panama city beach !!!! :thumbsup2:

What are the past locations that the International has been held at.

Then take into account the areas that have other major yearly rallies, such as the upcoming Vogel.

Then factor in the weather as mentioned above, Florida is toasty, as are most southern states in July/August.

It would be nice if Don could get a map showing the concentration of members in the country. Possibly one of the 'Pin' maps with city and state of active members for input.

Gary

What are the past locations that the International has been held at.

Then take into account the areas that have other major yearly rallies, such as the upcoming Vogel.

Then factor in the weather as mentioned above, Florida is toasty, as are most southern states in July/August.

It would be nice if Don could get a map showing the concentration of members in the country. Possibly one of the 'Pin' maps with city and state of active members for input.

Gary

Gary,

There is already such a map. Where have you been? Members have to add their own pins but it's been up for a while now. Linked in the upper menu bar.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/vbgooglemapme.php

Gary,

There is already such a map. Where have you been? Members have to add their own pins but it's been up for a while now. Linked in the upper menu bar.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/vbgooglemapme.php

I have seen and am represented on this map. I don't think that it is utilized fully by members though.

Judging by the shipping locations for the wrenches I sell, the two states with far and away the most sales are Texas, followed by California. On the pin map, California has only 3 pins. Texas is somewhat better represented, but I am fairly sure that there are a lot more than what is noted here. Canada seems very sparsely represented also.

This is a start and a general sampling though.

Judging by the map a central location would be in Upper Midwest through Pennsylvania, and down through Kentucky, Tennessee areas.

Tennessee and Kentucky seem like a logical choice due to nice scenic areas and a lack of large yearly gatherings in those areas. Ohio area has Oberlin MD for the yearly pilgrimage to Don's so that would be a duplicate. My thoughts are an IR in Southeastern Atlantic states would be a duplication of the Vogel rally that is held at a very similar time frame.

I would like to see something done in Kentucky/Tennessee areas for next rally. Granted, there is B2Dad/Moms weekend gathering in Tennessee, but that still wouldn't rule out an International Rally. There are a lot of big attractions and beautiful scenery in those areas.

Michigan area has a lot to offer also. Pennsylvania/New York would be a repeat of last years venue.

Trying to offer some constructive options here as I am aware that a decision will be made soon. Area selected will certainly need the input of members in nominated area to step up and say let's do it here.

Pulling a rally off like this will be a task that needs commitment from a group of members that can work together and make timely decisions as to what resources are available and to get accommodations and schedules initiated.

:2cents: :feedback:

Gary

Edited by dingy
Added map picture

I'm OK either way as I'm in he middle of the continent but it may be an idea to head in a westerly direction.

Some things that come to mind are:

1. good riding area and roads

2. Good weather

3. Infrastructure, large enough hotel or motel accommodations with a campground close enough so the campers can join in. We have both camped and taken rooms for internationals. It is hard to leave the rally site and ride back to your bed each night. Whether we camp or get a room usually depends on this.

The Hub is the only place that offers both camping and rooms at one site and that was fantastic but I seem to remember that it was a bit hot...

Does anyone know of any other sites like this in North America?

4. And a fantastic group of people to organize like this year.

Just me 2 cents.

The international rallys started in '07 when I hosted the Ft. Collins Colorado one. '08 was in Kitchener Ontario Canada. '09 was down in Arkansas at The Hub. '10 was the 5th anniversary back at Potato Creek south of Southbend Indiana, '11 was Cody Wyoming, '12 was Western New York and now '13 was Galena Illinois.

The reasons that the rallys are predominantly held in late July early August is folks with kids don't have to worry about their youngun's being in school. The weather is in a fairly stable mode for most of the country. It's tough having a rally in the south during the summer for obvious reasons. I would LOVE to host a rally here in Texas, there are some great roads to ride in the Texas hill country, the 3 sisters to name one, or 3 such as it is. Only problem is were in triple digits right now and folk from the North would cook as you just dont immediately get used to this heat.

Personally, I would love to see one in Tennessee Eastern TN is beautiful, but so is the West side of the state. Kentucky as well, I know there are some great well kept secret roads there. Like mentioned, someone has to step up and fill some very big shoes. It is a huge undertaking and you need a group that can work well together. It's not for the faint of heart and you will beat your head on a wall from time to time. In the end, when you see the smiles on everyones faces, and hear the stories, thats the pay off. So who is willing to fill those shoes for the next one....

Just something to think about. I'm parked at the Gunthersville state park Lodge. I spoke to the management about having one here (South-West) of Huntsville in Clay County Alabama. I'm going to talk to the marketing director in the morning. This place is HUGE !!!!.185 rooms sits on top of the mountain. A lot to do here