IGNORED

I need a cure............!

Huggy

OK I need a cure for getting rid of RED SQUIRRELS. I'm infested with them!! Well at least the property is. I have one shed they now own!:confused24: And have built nest in a couple of helmets the belonged to my youngest boy. But I have managed to keep them out of the newest one. But not before they got in there and destroyed a few things. Next they got into the enclosed space above the front porch and started storing walnuts there.:backinmyday: This spring there was a nest of them up there. Now there are no squirrels there so I blocked up ALL entrances they could get in. BUT no now I have one getting into the basement celling!:headache: I cannot find where it is coming in. He's not in side all the time just on occasion. I was up the other night, actually 4am. And I'm down on the computer and I hear scratch, scratch and there he is:rasberry:!!! I chased his little red furry a*s around and he disappeared finally. :backinmyday: now to make things worse the DAMN thing are protected by law here in Ontario as being endangered!:no-no-no: I sure as hell know why they're endangered they get into everything!!!! Now I need a NON lethal way to get rid of them. First of all I'd like to shoot the little red bas*urd's but the wife wont let me.:no-no-no: Any ideas?:confused07:

You can buy small live traps and bait with peanut butter. Take down the road about 5 miles and let loose. Or if you prefer, you can drop live trap in tub of water with squirrel still in trap.:080402gudl_prv:

Or turn them loose at the local legislative building so they can entertain your politicians.

When I was a kid we got infested with them. Shotguns from the upstairs bathroom windows permanently solved the problem.

There is a mouse poison that comes in little cubes (maybe 2cm on a side). They're designed to put into a special holder that only mice can get into. I've got spaces in my attic and under part of the house that I cannot reach so I just throw the cubes back as far as I can

I think if you do the same thing you'll get ride of your mouse problem. The squirrels probably won't come around without mice to keep them company. I know the gray squirrels leave my house after I poison the mice. :whistling:

I had a grey squirrel problem at my other house. Tried a lot of things. Used the live traps and those sucker came back over 5+ miles. I then took them 12+ miles and after a strict, "you will die if you return" warning, let them go.

The ones that I couldn't catch finally had a peanut butter and rat poison filled apple for dinner... Hey..they had a fair chance...

P.S. If you use the live catch scenario, get a can of utility marker paint and spray their tail. That way you can see if they return..

Edited by KIC

A good BB pistol....:whistling:

:sign yeah that: The "gooder" the better. Or a good pellet rifle. Some of the newer ones rival a .22 in performance. But quieter.

The gnarly tom cat is hard to beat though. If ya wanna deal with a freakin cat hanging around. Don't feed him much, if at all. This option can be entertaining.

But the pellet rifle is fun. Well, at least that is what I hear. :whistling:

When I was a kid we had a squirrel get in the house. We trapped it and sprayed painted him John Deere Green and released him. A few weeks later he was back in the house again. Never did figure out how he was getting in. Sold the house a few months later and moved to the country. New owners problem then. :rotf:

NO cats!!!!!!:no-no-no: I hate them more then squirrels!! They kill all the little bunnies!:confused24: And if they kill the bunnies I cant kill the big bunnies in the fall and EAT them!:backinmyday: We have raccoons lot and lots of raccoons! But they only chase the wife around looking for food! There's one that keeps pulling on her robe when she goes out at night.:whistling: And wont go away until the wife gives it a treat.:confused07:

Anyway my wife says I have TOOO many firearm's and wont let me have a pellet gun! She's afraid I'll shoot out a window or my eye or something:backinmyday:.

:mytruck1:

Weeeellllll

Technically a pellet rifle is NOT a firearm. So that means it is OK to go get one since you will not have any more firearms than you had before.

You can fry up the squirrels right next to the bunnies.

I like your thinking on this!!!:backinmyday: I must investigate further!!:detective: I think the fact that at the old house that we used to live in I would slide open the window and let the black squirrels have it from the dining table!!! With a Ruger 22. It didn't seem to go over to well for some strange reason when the wife was on the phone with her mother.:confused24: Seemed like a perfectly sensible way of dealing with the problem. It's not like I was shooting them with the 308! BUT I did try it with the 6.5X55 Mauser!:whistling: Now that was a little hard on every ones ears. I guess I should have warned them.:backinmyday:

Weeeellllll

Technically a pellet rifle is NOT a firearm. So that means it is OK to go get one since you will not have any more firearms than you had .

In Canada air rifles would also be firearms, if they are capable of achieving a muzzle velocity of 500 feet per second or greater. So technically they CAN be a firearm if they are a high powered air rifle. Just saying..............:stirthepot:

Well the irony of it all is that I had to SAVE one of the little baby red bast#rds from getting eaten by killer:178:!! You see they found there way into the closed in roof over the front porch. First they used it to store walnuts!:backinmyday: Thousands of them!!! Then this year one of the red bast*rds decided to have babies up there. So one of them fell out and must figured killer was its mother!:think: This little red so and so headed straight for the dog when it got to with in 4 feet the wife made me grab it and save it from the dog!:depressed: Fortunately it didn't rip my hand off. Not that it would have mattered to the wife!!:backinmyday: Then I had to go get a ladder and put it back up in the roof.:confused24: Now they have grown up and moved out so I blocked all the holes, 3 of them! Now its a waiting game to see if they try and get back into the roof to store those DAMN walnuts!!!:backinmyday: I wonder how a stick of dynamite would work out!:whistling:

Well the irony of it all is that I had to SAVE one of the little baby red bast#rds from getting eaten by killer:178:!! You see they found there way into the closed in roof over the front porch. First they used it to store walnuts!:backinmyday: Thousands of them!!! Then this year one of the red bast*rds decided to have babies up there. So one of them fell out and must figured killer was its mother!:think: This little red so and so headed straight for the dog when it got to with in 4 feet the wife made me grab it and save it from the dog!:depressed: Fortunately it didn't rip my hand off. Not that it would have mattered to the wife!!:backinmyday: Then I had to go get a ladder and put it back up in the roof.:confused24: Now they have grown up and moved out so I blocked all the holes, 3 of them! Now its a waiting game to see if they try and get back into the roof to store those DAMN walnuts!!!:backinmyday: I wonder how a stick of dynamite would work out!:whistling:

:confused24: Save it from the dog? :confused24: I didn't think you liked the squirrels?