IGNORED

Have you thought about Survival Food ?

GolfVenture

Ask any Mormon. Youtube also has a cadre of people who have posted about survival tactics. I'm too busy paying taxes to participate in the luxury of dreaming about survival methods and supplies.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

Edited by Peder_y2k

Only that he shouldn't be blabing it around that he will have food in an emergency.

Unless of course he's going to share, voluntarily or not...:whistling:

Which neighbor is it?

:rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl:

He better have the water also (amongst other things) see doomsday preppers

I had c-rations left over from viet nam when I was in the service in the late 70 and 80's. No thanks. Some OK some you wonder if its worth it. At least by the time we went to Iraq they had bought some new stuff.

Okay, Brian, you asked for it............

Your neighbor may possibly belong to the same cult that has many members in our area...the Ramtha School of Enlightenment. It is based in Yelm, WA., and they have a large membership base. One of the teaschings of this cult is to build an underground bunker on your property, and to fill it will survival provisions, so that "when" the proverbial stuff hits the fan, these people will be some of the only ones left standing. Another one of their teachings is to have a property that is at 500 foot elevation, or higher. For that reason, 50 % of the farms and ranches that are on the hill I live on...are owned by people from this cult.

My immediate next door neighbor is THEE architect for Intel corp, and he designs their buildings all around the world. Since he moved in, in late 2008, he has spent over 400,000 dollars on the brand new underground bunker in his back property. The large unit has 2 foot thick concrete walls, 2 foot thick concrete floor, and 2 foot thick concrete ceiling. It has over $ 60,000 of customized cabinets inside. The day they poured the concrete for this bunker, there were 18 concrete trucks that made deliveries that day...I counted them, as we live on a private road. Also...Linda Evans...from Dynasty tv show, was there to help pay for all the concrete, as she is a member of this cult. And Clint Eastwood was there with her, but he is not a member of the cult. He was just visiting Linda Evans. It was a fun day to watch your neighbors.

Miles:backinmyday:

Okay, Brian, you asked for it............

Your neighbor may possibly belong to the same cult that has many members in our area...the Ramtha School of Enlightenment. It is based in Yelm, WA., and they have a large membership base. One of the teaschings of this cult is to build an underground bunker on your property, and to fill it will survival provisions, so that "when" the proverbial stuff hits the fan, these people will be some of the only ones left standing. Another one of their teachings is to have a property that is at 500 foot elevation, or higher. For that reason, 50 % of the farms and ranches that are on the hill I live on...are owned by people from this cult.

My immediate next door neighbor is THEE architect for Intel corp, and he designs their buildings all around the world. Since he moved in, in late 2008, he has spent over 400,000 dollars on the brand new underground bunker in his back property. The large unit has 2 foot thick concrete walls, 2 foot thick concrete floor, and 2 foot thick concrete ceiling. It has over $ 60,000 of customized cabinets inside. The day they poured the concrete for this bunker, there were 18 concrete trucks that made deliveries that day...I counted them, as we live on a private road. Also...Linda Evans...from Dynasty tv show, was there to help pay for all the concrete, as she is a member of this cult. And Clint Eastwood was there with her, but he is not a member of the cult. He was just visiting Linda Evans. It was a fun day to watch your neighbors.

Miles:backinmyday:

Guess, I must live a sheltered life. Your response was enjoyable to read...

Here in south Florida we prepare for Hurricanes. we keep a food & water supply for up to 3 weeks, including gas for the generators.

I'll have to admit that, I'm not very well prepared if the Pacific Northwest got hit with a huge earthquake that took out roads, bridges and railroads.

I'll have to admit that, I'm not very well prepared if the Pacific Northwest got hit with a huge earthquake that took out roads, bridges and railroads.

with Mother nature, there is no way to prepare for something like that. the best one can, do Is have an escape route ( if there is a way out )

Neighbor of mine is really into preparing for various disaster, and how one can be prepared. He shared about survival food that has a shelf life of up to 25 years.

Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience on this.

Brian,

Preparing for disaster is always prudent. Generally there are 2 types:

1. Disasters which limit supplies while at home.

2. Disasters that displace you from your home.

I keep at leat a 3 month supply of food that is non perishable on hand at all time.

I also have an disaster supply "kit" as well as a bug out bag.

Here is just an guide.

EMERGENCY FOOD SUPPLIES LIST

• Water
  • Pasta
  • Rice
  • Canned soups
  • Meats
  • Veggies
  • fruit
  • Popcorn
  • salt
  • milk (condensed or powdered)
  • cereal
  • beef jerky
  • grains
  • Cooking oil
  • sports drinks
  • nuts, pickles
  • dried fruits
  • spices
  • honey
  • crackers
  • Baking essentials
  • power bars
  • instant rice
  • coffee
  • alcohol
  • Hard candies
  • dehydrated canned entrees
  • juice powders
  • protein drinks
  • peanut butter
  • Long lasting treats ( twinkies, etc.)
  • Salsa
  • Ramen noodles
  • fresh fruit
  • baby food
  • pet food
  • Water
  • Gasoline

DISASTER SUPPLIES LIST

Water - at least 1 gallon daily per person for 3 to 7 days

Food - at least enough for 3 to 7 days

— non-perishable packaged or canned food / juices

— foods for infants or the elderly

— snack foods

— non-electric can opener

— cooking tools / fuel

— paper plates / plastic utensils

Blankets / Pillows, etc.

Clothing - seasonal / rain gear/ sturdy shoes

First Aid Kit / Medicines / Prescription Drugs

Special Items - for babies and the elderly

Toiletries / Hygiene items / Moisture wipes

Flashlight / Batteries

Radio - Battery operated and NOAA weather radio

Telephones - Fully charged cell phone with extra battery and a traditional (not cordless) telephone set

Cash (with some small bills) and Credit Cards - Banks and ATMs may not be available for extended periods

Keys

Toys, Books and Games

Important documents - in a waterproof container or watertight resealable plastic bag

— insurance, medical records, bank account numbers, Social Security card, etc.

Tools - keep a set with you during the storm

Vehicle fuel tanks filled

Pet care items

— proper identification / immunization records / medications

— ample supply of food and water

— a carrier or cage

— muzzle and leash

BUG OUT BAG

Found Around The House Items List:

• Folding Knife

• Toilet Paper

• Feminine Pads

• Aluminum Foil

• Copper Wire Scraps

• Large Plastic Garbage Bags

• Coleman Lantern/Flashlight

• Sweatshirt

• Denim Pants

• Underwear

• Old T-Shirt

• Socks

• Boots or shoes

• Bandanna

• Adhesive Bandages

• Roll of Gauze Bandage

• Triple Antibiotic Ointment

• Old Jar of Vicks Menthol Rub (contains petrolatum just like Vaseline. It comforts as well as burns)

• medication (prescription & Asprin/pain releiver

• Compass

• Some Cable ZIP Ties

• Piece of Cordage

• Bottled Water

• Dry Kibble pet Food in a zipper-type plastic bag

• Internet copies of regional map pages

• Scanned and printed copies of important documents

• ziplock bags

• Extra set of car & house keys

• Scanned copies of ALL important documents on flash drive. (birth cert, passports, car titles etc)

• CASH & a few credit cards

• Small solar charger (for cell phones)

EXTRAS

Radio Crank Light $19.88

Mosquito Net $ 1.88

Space Blanket $ 2.88

Rope $ 4.88

Cordage $ 4.88

Tarp $10.88

Matches $ 0.97

Bic Lighters $ 3.87

Waterproof Match Holder $ 1.00

Bug Repellent $ 1.88

Cookpot With Lid $12.88

Super Glue $ 1.00

Duct Tape $ 2.88

Clorox $ 1.22

Hand Sanitizer $ 2.47

Hand Soap $ 0.98

Body/Foot Powder $ 3.27

Toothbrush $ 1.00

Package of Socks $ 6.00

PER PERSON

2 Pouches of Tuna $ 1.96

1 Pouch of Microwave Rice $ 1.50

2 Pkgs of Ramen Noodles $ 0.34

1 Frank’s Redhot Hot Sauce $ 0.98

Emergency Ponchos $.88

I use WISE foods. they taste excellent, have a good calorie count, and excellent shelf life. they require only boiling water to prepare. that being said, I also have 25lb , sealed, containers of rolled oats, long grain rice, and variety bean mix. as far as canned goods go, most have a shelf life of 3 years or less, except SPAM, which has an indefinite life if stored properly. im single, but have a 2 year food and water supply. any questions PM me.

I use WISE foods. they taste excellent, have a good calorie count, and excellent shelf life. they require only boiling water to prepare. that being said, I also have 25lb , sealed, containers of rolled oats, long grain rice, and variety bean mix. as far as canned goods go, most have a shelf life of 3 years or less, except SPAM, which has an indefinite life if stored properly. im single, but have a 2 year food and water supply. any questions PM me.

What's your address ? :bighug:

While I am not really into the survivalist thing, I do believe in being prepared. Lunkily for me, I have a good sized piece of property, up on a hill, surrounded by other peop,le that are survivalists, and I have the worlds greatest private well, that I have bought a hand pump to mount on top of. I have a 500 gallon propane tank above ground, and a 5000 propane tank under ground. Almost every major applicane in my hosie can be run on propane. I have a 13k watt permanent stand-by generator, lots of animals I can kill and eat if I need to, and...a large arsenal to fend off strangers.

There has even been talk by some folsk on this hill that if it ever came to that, they would fall a couple large tress at the bottom of the hill, blocking access for any cars to come up...or down, and we would keep anyone that does not live up here away from all of us.

My wife and I figured we could live off what we have for at least 2 years, before needing to go rob our neighbors.:rotf:

:backinmyday:

While I am not really into the survivalist thing, I do believe in being prepared. Lunkily for me, I have a good sized piece of property, up on a hill, surrounded by other peop,le that are survivalists, and I have the worlds greatest private well, that I have bought a hand pump to mount on top of. I have a 500 gallon propane tank above ground, and a 5000 propane tank under ground. Almost every major applicane in my hosie can be run on propane. I have a 13k watt permanent stand-by generator, lots of animals I can kill and eat if I need to, and...a large arsenal to fend off strangers.

There has even been talk by some folsk on this hill that if it ever came to that, they would fall a couple large tress at the bottom of the hill, blocking access for any cars to come up...or down, and we would keep anyone that does not live up here away from all of us.

My wife and I figured we could live off what we have for at least 2 years, before needing to go rob our neighbors.:rotf:

:backinmyday:

Miles, you are a survivalist at heart...

This has turn out to be a decient thread with some good information. At first I though...oh great look what I started now...

Neighbor of mine is really into preparing for various disaster, and how one can be prepared. He shared about survival food that has a shelf life of up to 25 years.

I have a pretty good supply of Mountain House, it has a very long shelf life and taste pretty good too. Just add water and let it set for a bit. Amazon or Karst Sports has it at a very good price.

I have a pretty good supply of Mountain House, it has a very long shelf life and taste pretty good too. Just add water and let it set for a bit. Amazon or Karst Sports has it at a very good price.

Mountain House is pretty good also, used it hiking and camping a lot. also for you carnivores, Yoders canned meats have a 7 year shelf life and come in large, family sized, cans. I also have 2 wells, one with a hand pump, as well as, another piece of property accessible by atv with a well.