IGNORED

Working on Members Map

Freebird

OK...I just repaired it and also did some program modifications that should take care of the problem in the future. The problem is that the program is very sensitive to what it consider to be "invalid" characters. I have just modified the code so that if that happens, it should automatically repair itself through cron job that runs every 10 minutes.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I like the idea.

now the question, is there any way to have two entries. I am a retired snowbird I live in Naples Fl during the winter months, but I live near Plattsburgh, NY during the summer and would like to have another pin, just in case somebody needed help

Al

No, sorry, there is not way to do that at this time.

Question or maybe suggestion

Will the members map show up when you click on the little globe beside your information when you post to a thread or is this possible ?

To answer my own question no it doesn't work that way.

Like others map is blank for me also.

Whats a SUPER MODERATOR ?

Clicking on that globe does open a map but it's a different one.

First off I like the idea.

now the question, is there any way to have two entries. I am a retired snowbird I live in Naples Fl during the winter months, but I live near Plattsburgh, NY during the summer and would like to have another pin, just in case somebody needed help

Al

Sure there is, Just spend $12 and make another member named, maybe, motorcycle1300. and then you can make another balloon......:whistling::confused24:

Sure there is, Just spend $12 and make another member named, maybe, motorcycle1300. and then you can make another balloon......:whistling::confused24:

well that is an option, or maybe modify my location as I travel, that might also be a way to keep track of friends progress as they tour the country

Freebird thanks and keep up the good work

Al

i was just looking at the map and if you are looking at the list of people on the map and click on the button to the right to show on the map, seams like they all show up on the map instead of just the one you were looking at. some areas have a lot of pins in a group and it is hard to pick out just one certain pin. is this how it is to be or am i not doing something right?:confused24:

i was just looking at the map and if you are looking at the list of people on the map and click on the button to the right to show on the map, seams like they all show up on the map instead of just the one you were looking at. some areas have a lot of pins in a group and it is hard to pick out just one certain pin. is this how it is to be or am i not doing something right?:confused24:

Zoom in. They'll be further dispersed. Easier to see who's where.

Yes, unfortunately that's just the way it works. I would prefer to see just that member show up but what it does is centers him in the map. That can still make it hard to find him or her if there are a lot of pins in that area. I don't know how to change that at this time.

Do the pin shadows mean anything?

Seems some are darker than others, and Hillrider's with pin in Iowa but location in Georgia is black.

I am betting that there are 2 pins in the exact same location for Hilrider.

If you watch while the pins are loading you see it appear with a normal shadow and then a few seconds later the shadow darkens. Since there are 2 balloons the shadow is twice as dark.

Of course this is nothing more than a WAG on my part........:whistling:

I do not see a way to search for members by the GPS coords.

Moderators do have a brown pin, maybe that means that they are full of ............:think::whistling::duck:

Edited by Flyinfool

so when I put my gps from my iphone into lat/long I left off neg. sign for long. and i ended up in china, i had looked to see my pin when i originally put in info, when I didn't see it I just thought it would take a sec or so to update and I got sidetracked and never went back to look, someone pointed out my pin was in China. :yikes: so I fixed it.:thumbsup2:

• 3 weeks later...

when you click my globe it takes you to the main post office in town. Just because my picture is on the wall is not indicative that I live there. I corrected my "pin" on the map and then clicked my globe again and it still takes me to the post office.