IGNORED

Working on Members Map

Freebird

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you guys remember to save it before you exited?

Just a thought....they should show up if you did everything right....not that complicated.

Yes Ma'am I did.

If I go to the tab at the top and click Member map, then click the tab that say"your entry" it locates me within 20 foot of my driveway but if you click on the globe in a thread it puts me back at the post office.

Yes Ma'am I did.

If I go to the tab at the top and click Member map, then click the tab that say"your entry" it locates me within 20 foot of my driveway but if you click on the globe in a thread it puts me back at the post office.

Although both of the maps (your Richmond Globe and the Member Map) are Google Maps based, the two are not related. The Globe map is locating the center (or at least where Google Maps thinks the center is) of Richmond just as it would if you were to go to Google Maps off this site and do a search for Richmond, KY. The Member Map reflects where you placed the "balloon".

Edit: Actually, Bob, your Globe takes me to Richmond, VIRGINIA. Try editing your profile and put Richmond, Kentucky as your location and see if that helps.

Edited by Prairiehammer

Although both of the maps (your Richmond Globe and the Member Map) are Google Maps based, the two are not related. The Globe map is locating the center (or at least where Google Maps thinks the center is) of Richmond just as it would if you were to go to Google Maps off this site and do a search for Richmond, KY. The Member Map reflects where you placed the "balloon".

Edit: Actually, Bob, your Globe takes me to Richmond, VIRGINIA. Try editing your profile and put Richmond, Kentucky as your location and see if that helps.

Aint that weird. If I click the globe it takes me to the post office in Richmond Ky.

I had no idea the 2 maps were not related, but it does ease the frustration level knowing that. I can stop moving my pin around now.

• 2 weeks later...

cool map - any experts in my area want to pop in and take a look at this jig saw puzzle of plastic parts and tell me what I am missing That would be great

Have Coffee pot can brew :) Beer is cold --

Good news Bike runs -- :) which leaves me at a huge disadvantage I am not a body guy

:confused:

Don,

I noticed that none of the Houston area members are on the Map. Kreg, Squidley,gunboat,Owen and I should be on the map. Please add us as Squidley and Kreg and Don especially help a lot of members. I am always willing to help where I can.

Don,

I noticed that none of the Houston area members are on the Map. Kreg, Squidley,gunboat,Owen and I should be on the map. Please add us as Squidley and Kreg and Don especially help a lot of members. I am always willing to help where I can.

You have to add yourself to the map. Not saying Freebird couldn't do it, but privacy issues may result if he were to arbitrarily start putting people on the map. Perhaps not all members WANT to be on the map. Just sayin'.

Im a supporting member and still not on the list lol.:confused24:

See above. BTW: Your Google "Globe" location takes me to Dieppe, FRANCE. Are you in France or New Brunswick?

Edited by Prairiehammer

• 6 months later...