IGNORED

Lowes sucks!!

usedcyclesales

Ever since the BIG BOYS have come to my town it sucks . First SUPER Walmart then Lowes and ACE HARDWARE was forced out now I can't get a damn thing . I started in hardware Djh told me about a P CLAMP for the Harley pipe mod so I asked for a P CLAMP they sent me to plumbing because 2 guys in hardware did't know what I was talking about, went to plumbing first 2 guys DUH what's a P CLAMP ?? then an old guy over heard me and said maybe in electrical so all the way back across the store and GUESS WHAT THEY NEVER HEARD OF A P CLAMP so then he said (the old guy ) lets go to hardware , well that's where I started, he dug around and finally found one . So I get home and phone the ACE that's about 12 miles away and ask for some one who knows bolts, I ask him for a specific size and he says he just didn't have one that big , so then I ask how about a P CLAMP??? and he says "sure what size ya need?":confused24::rotf::confused24::rotf::confused24::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

lowes dosen't suck but its younger employees "that have never had to build something " don't have a clue...LOL

When I go into ANY STORE and need help I always pick someone my age(50's) to ask.

Don't waste your time asking a twenty something because more times than not their eyes will glaze over or worse yet get that I really can't be bothered look...

Soory about that Cycle. I usualy go to Home Depot because its on this side of the highway and easier for me to get to. There it is in the electrical section by zip ties and the like. I have a couple guys I have delt with at HD that normaly steer me right. But like someone said they are over 40. I noticed the same kind of thing years ago at the chain parts stores. Kid asks what do you need? I tell him a fuel pump for a 36 Dodge legends car.He aint listening, types in 36 dodge what size engine? 1200cc Thata aint listed 6cyl or V-8? Nope 4cyl They dont show that listing. I know that the, fuel pump I need is a XYZ123 I get-Deer in headlight look.

I sent my wife to the local ACE for a hinge I needed to replace. As she went towards hardware isle she stopped to look at a really nice of Kohler bathroom sink fixture, almost $200.

When George came up to her, known her and me for years he said "What did he send you in for?" She handed him the hinge barely looking past the fixture and said "he needs to replace this one".

While George was rooting through the hardware one isle over, she's still looking over the sink fixture. He figures he might save her a second trip and yells, "Do you want a screw for that hinge?" She pauses then yells, "No, buy I might for this fixture."

Love the local ACE.

30 years ago I spent 3 years working for one of those old time hardware stores. We had a retired plumber that hung out and did small jobs. I learned a lot from him but in 30 years some things have changed. There are a lot more fancy things. I do like Lowes myself though because I kind of like being able to go in and just look with out somebody coming up and wanting to help me.

I used to have a 74 GMC Motorhome.

You old timers may remember them....they had the dual rear wheels with air suspension and were front wheel drive.

Whenever I'd go into an Autozone, Advance, O'rileys, or wherever, and ask for parts they'd always try to sell me GMC van or truck parts.

When I'd explain it had an Oldsmobile driveline and was front wheel drive they wouldn't believe me....I've been told more than once that I'd better "double-check that".....lol

I'd end up having them look up the parts for a 74 Toranado with the tow package.....same driveline.

Makes you wonder what these guys today would do without the computers..:confused24:

He's not the only one that works at Lowes! :mad:

I hear you..

All I can say is try to image this thread as a post about Harley's...

The originators posting intent was not to smear "everyone" who works at Lowes.. There are many knowlgedable employees at Lowes.. there are many good Harleys, (and Harley owners).

I must be lucky. The Home Depot near me hired retired guys from the industry that needed medical insurance. These guys were painters, builders, contractors, electricians, etc. And they are sharp! If I need something, and I can take a picture of it with my digital camera I take my camera to them and show them the picture. They say oh-ya that's a muffler bearing size 232D here let me show you where they are. I always look for the "old guy" to help me. So when asked "can I help you?" I say sure - where's the old guy.

I must be lucky. The Home Depot near me hired retired guys from the industry that needed medical insurance. These guys were painters, builders, contractors, electricians, etc. And they are sharp! If I need something, and I can take a picture of it with my digital camera I take my camera to them and show them the picture. They say oh-ya that's a muffler bearing size 232D here let me show you where they are. I always look for the "old guy" to help me. So when asked "can I help you?" I say sure - where's the old guy.

The Lowes I work at hire a lot of older people with years of experence to fill key positions. But let me tell you, we have some younger people that really know there stuff. Some of these kids work there butts off. Give them a chance. If that doesn't work....come see one of us old farts.:whistling:

Makes you wonder what these guys today would do without the computers..:confused24:

I have some fun with some of these young guys at the local auto parts store when I go in looking for a part for my '32 Ford with a Chevy engine. It was even more fun when I was building my '46 Chev Cab Over Engine with the Isuzu diesel.....LOL

I have some fun with some of these young guys at the local auto parts store when I go in looking for a part for my '32 Ford with a Chevy engine. It was even more fun when I was building my '46 Chev Cab Over Engine with the Isuzu diesel.....LOL

We have a huge car show here every year Called the Magic Dragon. I always like to go and look. It is amazing how many Fords have Chevy 350s.