IGNORED

I really fell for all this HD stuff

Eddie

Been xmas shopping at the HD shops. My wife really likes their cloths. High quality at a high price I tell her. She really came around with this new bike and has taken an interest in my riding. Im glad after 30 years on the road.

Did you guys know that some Harleys have four wheels ? After a month of bickering with my salesperson at my local Ford dealer and a counrty search I bought a new truck. First time they were offered in white.

REAL NICE truck Ed.

Before I bought my Avalanche, I was looking a truck just like yours but in black...Came close to buying it, but choose not to.

Decided I didnt want it since my son in law owns a Harley and I would never hear the end of it being that I own a GW..:whistling:

Here is what my Avalanche looks like:

Good luck with your new Ford!! Some have great luck with them.

All I can say is any Ford pickup I have drove/rode in have the most uncomfortable seats known to man, and burn fuel like there's no tomorrow. Wouldn't keep one if it was given to me. They ALL need their headlights aimed, because even on low beam they absolutely blind oncoming drivers at night. By the way I think the new Ford pickups look good compared to the earlier models, but that's as far as it goes.

All I can say is any Ford pickup I have drove/rode in have the most uncomfortable seats known to man, and burn fuel like there's no tomorrow. Wouldn't keep one if it was given to me. They ALL need their headlights aimed, because even on low beam they absolutely blind oncoming drivers at night. By the way I think the new Ford pickups look good compared to the earlier models, but that's as far as it goes.

Hmmm... Sold an '87 F250 4x4 6.9idi diesel with 365,000 on the clock. Ran great with no problems. My current '92 F250 4x4 7.3idi diesel is creeping up on 275,000 and so far I've had to replace a drive shaft U-joint. Running great. Mpg on the '87 was about 15mpg, and the '92 gets 17-18. Now my old '73 GMC 4x4 with a 350 gas motor never got above 11mpg downhill with a tailwind. Thank God fuel was down below $1.00/gal. It didn't make any difference which of the 5 engines I had in it over the 17 years and 400,000 miles I owned it.. Lately I had been looking at used King Ranch and Harley F250's, but have decided to keep the '92. Better motor and no smog. Been thinking about getting it painted and upholstered and dropping a crate 7.3 in it when the time comes. :thumbsup2:

Guest gerrycormier
Nice wheels ! Enjoy.

Start getting requests to borrow it yet for moving things?

Seen recently on a pick-up front plate, at a rally!!

""Yes this is my truck and NO I won't move you""

Hmmm... Sold an '87 F250 4x4 6.9idi diesel with 365,000 on the clock. Ran great with no problems. My current '92 F250 4x4 7.3idi diesel is creeping up on 275,000 and so far I've had to replace a drive shaft U-joint. Running great. Mpg on the '87 was about 15mpg, and the '92 gets 17-18. Now my old '73 GMC 4x4 with a 350 gas motor never got above 11mpg downhill with a tailwind. Thank God fuel was down below $1.00/gal. It didn't make any difference which of the 5 engines I had in it over the 17 years and 400,000 miles I owned it.. Lately I had been looking at used King Ranch and Harley F250's, but have decided to keep the '92. Better motor and no smog. Been thinking about getting it painted and upholstered and dropping a crate 7.3 in it when the time comes. :thumbsup2:

I thought diesels were supposed to get great mileage???

I'm not :stirthepot: here, I really thought they got much better than that and want to know WHY:confused24:

My 96 GMC 4x4 ex cab long box with 350 gas and 300K miles on original engine and drive line, still gets 17 - 18 combined mileage, drops to 14 with the 6,000 lb RV behind it. Around here diesel is ~$.60 - $.70 more per gallon. :confused24:

Out of curiosity, how much more does ford charge for a HD decal on the fender?

"Wouldn't keep one if it was given to me"

EXACTLY!! Now if I could just get Eddie to try me,, come on,,, I double dog dare you,, test me an see,,, :rotf:

That is a gorgeous rig Eddie!! Congrats!!

Oh, and I got a buddy that buys alllll HD clothing (not me, I still wear old sweatshirts when I ride), gets his stuff from Barnetts somewhere in Texas for like half the price he can get it here at our local shop..

I have owned one new truck in my life. I'm glad that I got it out of my system while I could afford it.

Eventually I find something I can afford to pay for and drive. The last vehicle, and my current driver, is a 1998 Ford Taurus that I got with 56,000 one owner miles. Had it for 3 (?) years now. When I got it I had to put all new calipers and rotors and pads on it and a new gas tank. And 4 new tires just because I like to have good rubber. All said and done, $3200 invested. (and only 56,000 miles at the time of purchase) I'll drive it till it is no longer viable transportation. Closing in on 90,000 now so it will only last another 150,000 or so. (salty NY roads) I put a trailer hitch on it and have great roof racks for the kayaks and long lumber.

Kudos on the new truck dude. But if I get to meet you, I would rather you were on your bike.:thumbsup:

And now I am going to wonder just how big a price was paid for the Harley doo dads on the pick up. Thanks FF

Been xmas shopping at the HD shops. My wife really likes their cloths. High quality at a high price I tell her. She really came around with this new bike and has taken an interest in my riding. Im glad after 30 years on the road.

Did you guys know that some Harleys have four wheels ? After a month of bickering with my salesperson at my local Ford dealer and a counrty search I bought a new truck. First time they were offered in white.

Does it leak oil in the driveway or anything flyoff when driving down the road?

My step dad just got himself a '12 F150 with the ecoboost. Very impressed with the torque and power it has. I just wished my state issued '12 Tahoe had its get up and go.

For all the heaters...I say if a man afford it then enjoy it. You only get one go round.

Nice truck!

It runs very well . This is my thrid F150 since 2006. I just sold a 2009 that had 22,000 on it with the 5.4. It was a great truck that had no issues.

This one has the 6.2 with 411 hp and 434 lb.tq. They come with every toy you can think of. Im not sure about the low profile tires yet but they are growing on me . I looked at putting some bigger tires on it but a 22" tire is very expensive and you dont have a lot of options.

By the way it will roast the tires . :225:

It runs very well . This is my thrid F150 since 2006. I just sold a 2009 that had 22,000 on it with the 5.4. It was a great truck that had no issues.

This one has the 6.2 with 411 hp and 434 lb.tq. They come with every toy you can think of. Im not sure about the low profile tires yet but they are growing on me . I looked at putting some bigger tires on it but a 22" tire is very expensive and you dont have a lot of options.

By the way it will roast the tires . :225:

As my Dad was so fond of saying:" Get on it! & Do it again! It will put more people back to work"... lol...:whistling:

Even back in the 70's there was a lack of high paying jobs...

Nice Truck though. Personally dislike black cars and trucks, to hot and a PIA to keep clean. Yup white is the way to go, for some reason they don't get dirty as kwickly :confused24:

Nice truck. My friend JD Holbrooks bought one in the black and orange color about three yrs ago. He then bought himself a nice dual axle box trailer to put two bikes in. He had it painted to match the truck. Looks really good. He said that he wanted to put two motorcycle tie down mounts to the floor so he could haul my bike and his. I helped him do that. The trailer is big enough so that he has plans of building a small two man bunk room in the front.

We could then drive to a far away destination and then ride and stay in the truck for a week or so. I do not know about all that. I believe I would have saved the money for the trailer and used it to pay for hotel rooms and rode where ever I went.

Nice truck, I am glad for you.

My newest truck for me is a 2009 Toyota Rav4, which I love. All wheel drive with also locking 4 X 4 . Four cylinder that does a great job. Pulls my trailer with ATV with ease. Gets 24-25 mpg around home here. Never owned Toyota until now. So far I am impressed with it. My next will more than likely be another Toyota product. Like you, I like white. 44,000 so far and no problems.

[ATTACH]72917[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]72918[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]72919[/ATTACH]

Fuzzy

[Did you guys know that some Harleys have four wheels ? After a month of bickering with my salesperson at my local Ford dealer and a counrty search I bought a new truck. First time they were offered in white.

I have a Holiday Rambler motorhome which was manufactured by a HD owned company, real nice motorhome nothing has fallen off yet and so far no oil leaks other than the leveling jacks. thats about as far HD as I will ever go